Author Topic: GAD and panic disorder is back, full blown  (Read 1570 times)

[Buddie]

Re: GAD and panic disorder is back, full blown
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2019, 07:37:25 pm »
Nearby bought new TV, but just read article in Mad in America which says you get corneal Edema on Seroquel!!!

Not in the leaflet
Dick
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 07:47:42 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2019, 07:45:44 pm »
Yes going on an SSRI is not ideal and Paxil is the worst in my opinion, however, I've never had trouble getting off of any of them. Everyone is just so different. I've heard the worst horror stories in regards to coming off of Paxil and Prozac cured my panic disorder as I mentioned. Well until I got Lyme that is.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2019, 07:58:54 pm »
Yes going on an SSRI is not ideal and Paxil is the worst in my opinion, however, I've never had trouble getting off of any of them. Everyone is just so different. I've heard the worst horror stories in regards to coming off of Paxil and Prozac cured my panic disorder as I mentioned. Well until I got Lyme that is.
Your experience with SSRI's are the same as mine butterfly. I have been on and off SSRIs several times and never really had a problem tapering and stopping them unlike benzos. Nothing IMO can be as bad as benzos for many people. Benzos are as bad as it can get.

Even if you have never taken a benzo, unrelenting panic and GAD can destroy your life. I just wish we had some better treatment options than what we currently have today. Any type of big life stressor seems to bring these things back to life after a period of remission.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2019, 08:09:18 pm »
Yes people, 3 years off clonazepam and the monster is back in epic proportions. The reason why i started clonazepam in the first way, to treat severe GAD and panic disorder.

This morning spilled the bucket, i was trying to do some work at home until a stressful event happened, i'm now shaking uncontrolably, vomiting, my mind is racing with 10000 thoughts a second, feeling of doom and utter hopelessness. My body is frail because i've been battling some chronic diseases for a long time, any time this happens i will be so sick and unable to do anything work-related for weeks.

CBT does not help, i'm resistant to any form of psychotherapy. This also has not much to do with PAWS from the benzo, no, it's the GAD and panic disorder causing me to completely lose it.

I am to start a SSRI soon but i fear that it will not be enough. I've been dysfunctional now for so many years, i think i really need to be on some psych meds, hopefully i respond well to some of the benzo alternatives. Enough is enough. I'm tired, so tired, this is no life, i need to be functional.
I'm planning to be on psych meds to save my life, at least until i've solved all of my problems which are finance and health related and then slowly taper off whatever i'm taking.

I just want a simple, no worry life. I will never ask for anything again.
Wow Nick,  I can relate to your post so much. I went back and read the Ashton manual on what professor Ashton had to say about SSRI's. I restarted lexapro in hopes that it can help block some of the panic and depression and quiet the GAD a little to enable me to get off the valium. Then after awhile, I will slowly taper the lexapro to zero but I am not certain that the lexapro will be enough. I am still struggling terribly with a lot of painful bizarre physical and psychological SX's that make life seem like it is not worth living.

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2019, 08:10:10 pm »
Gad is foul I agree. Especially with ptsd.
But there are therapies that work.  I did well on CBT, deep relaxation and so on. Not schema therapy for me though.
Read The body keeps the score” by van de kalk or y tube him.
Our brains are plastic and can recover from child abuse etc.
My failure to win was blamed by my therapist on benzos as they reduce relearning pathways, after 8000 quid of sessions.
Good luck
Dick

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2019, 01:47:57 pm »
This is a good resource for working through anxiety/panic. The speaker is Claire Weekes. She was an MD and struggled with anxiety/panic herself.

https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/claire-weekes-audio.2569/

I love Dr. Claire Weeks. Thanks for posting the audio links.

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2019, 02:24:42 pm »

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2019, 08:57:23 pm »
Thanks for the resources posted here. I am browsing through them and love them. I have heard from various people that CBT didn't work for them in acute; but certainly doesn't hurt to learn about and use those skills when we get those anxiety feelings that come out of the blue.

Nick I hope you are doing better. What I have learned so far is that acceptance is a key factor in dealing with our insomnia. Also having high expectations of wanting to have a ' simple, no worry life' is kind of unrealistic. Well, simple is doable, and actually, is something we all need to strive for; however worrying in in our DNA. I believe learning how to change thought patterns can help with the 'worries'.

Best wishes,

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2019, 08:40:01 am »
[...] i'm not doing much better so that's why i have decided to go ahead with the SSRI, i just took my first dose of 25mg sertraline.  :idiot:
Let's hope for the best.

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2019, 09:12:44 pm »
@Nick, have you ever taken zoloft before? I have many years ago.  Aside from some sexual side effects, I tolerated it well. I know constant anxiety and panic can engulf you and take any joy out of living. This is one of my biggest fears and I am still tapering. You have been off for three years. SSRI's are tricky and they do take some time to work so you have to be patient and not get discouraged. These drugs are a lot better than benzos as a long-term management solution for severe, constant, unrelenting anxiety. I have never had a problem tapering and stopping them unlike benzos. Please keep this thread updated.

Was there a reason your doc decided to try zoloft?