Author Topic: Looking for Buddies - LT High dose Xanax direct taper 1/2 way there!  (Read 13575 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Looking for Buddies - LT High dose Xanax direct taper 1/2 way there!
« Reply #340 on: June 25, 2020, 04:39:13 am »
[...], I will try to reach you this week.

Until then....
1) Have you found a doctor yet? Maybe try your primary doc instead of a psych doc? I've had so much success with my primary. Just a thought.

2). Still on pills. Have 2 bottles of liquid (actually 3) but I opened one 6 months ago and it claims to discard after 90 days. We've both heard so many rough stories about Xanax liquid tapers and I think it's in my head that it could be a problem. Additionally when husband switched jobs we lost express scripts and they were the only ones who carried it. At that point I figured why start something that I won't be able to refill. Who knows, maybe I'[...] save the two unopened bottles for the very end of the taper.

Keep me posted on how you're making out!  Miss you as well! Stay safe and HEALTHY!

[...]

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #341 on: June 25, 2020, 08:43:28 pm »
[...], I will try to reach you this week.

Until then....
1) Have you found a doctor yet? Maybe try your primary doc instead of a psych doc? I've had so much success with my primary. Just a thought.

2). Still on pills. Have 2 bottles of liquid (actually 3) but I opened one 6 months ago and it claims to discard after 90 days. We've both heard so many rough stories about Xanax liquid tapers and I think it's in my head that it could be a problem. Additionally when husband switched jobs we lost express scripts and they were the only ones who carried it. At that point I figured why start something that I won't be able to refill. Who knows, maybe I'[...] save the two unopened bottles for the very end of the taper.

Keep me posted on how you're making out!  Miss you as well! Stay safe and HEALTHY!

[...]

Hey [...],
Glad to hear from you!

Actually the doc that had told me they would help me was my primary care doctor!  That was a disaster.  He is the one that told me to take 2 .5 mg a day for 2 weeks and then go down to 1 .5 mg a day for a week and stop!  I went off on him via email.  He was nuts to think I was going to do that.  I would either be sick as hell or dead.

However, I did find a primary care doctor today that will prescribe xanax and I had to change him to my PCP through Tricare but I have a virtual visit with him next Wednesday.  I have to go to his office and give them my paperwork tomorrow.  They fax'd it to me and I just have to take it and hand it to the [...] at the door as they are not seeing anyone in the office right now which works for me.

I would love to talk to you!  I agree, the liquid xanax may be helpful at the end of your taper.  I am not going to try liquid again unless there is no way around it. 

You stay safe and healthy too!!

Love, [...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #342 on: July 18, 2020, 04:10:54 pm »
Hi [...],
How are you?  I am still hanging in there.  I was lucky enough to find a psych nurse practitioner who is helping me.  I talked to that PCP and that was awful and was not going to work for me.  I found this [...] and had a telehealth visit with her and she is wonderful!  She is willing and able to help me get off this last milligram of Xanax. 
She also wrote me a script for Xanax so I am not so anxious now about running out.  I was so worried about that.
Now I can breathe knowing I will have enough to get to the finish line, however long that takes.  She is not rushing me.  I am trying to get off this as quickly as I can but I am doing it safely and however long that takes is how long it takes.
She did suggest  L-theanine to help me to taper.  It is a supplement that is supposed to help with anxiety.  I tried it for 3 days and the third day, I had a horrible day because I took it with my morning Xanax dose and my coffee.  It was like I was speeding and I was so irritable and did not like the way i felt at all.  I called her and she said I need to take the supplement by itself, not with Xanax.  I had gotten over stimulated and it did not go well.

I hope to talk to you soon.
Stay safe and well and know you are in my thoughts!  Love you

If anyone else has tried the L- theanine with success or not, please comment as I would love to know if anyone here has tried this and if it is a good idea or not.
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #343 on: August 08, 2020, 07:24:16 pm »
Hello,
Looks like this forum is not doing well as I do not see anyone posting.  Sad.

I am hanging in there and am at 1 mg a day now which I break up into 4 doses.  My pshy nurse practitioner wants me to try substituting one of my doses with 200 mg of L-theanine and see how I do.  I told her that would be a 25% cut but she said I should try it and if I need to take the dose of Xanax to do it.  It is not like anyone is taking the Xanax away from me but she is trying to help me get off this as quickly and safely as I can.  I have been tapering since January 11, 2019 and started between 3.5 and 4 mg so I have done well to get down to 1 mg and I also had to take a 80 day break in that time too for when I moved to another state and sold one house and bought another.  I have had a few really rough times with withdrawal but I made it through them but once I got down to 1.125 mg, it was extremely hard but I got through that too and am now completely at 1 mg a day.  Tomorrow is when I am supposed to use the L-theanine  for one of my doses and I have to say I am already feeling very anxious about it.  It just seems to much of a cut but the nurse says since I am going to take something in its place that is supposed to help with anxiety that I should be fine.
Does anyone have an opinion about this?  I could use some encouragement or some facts!

Hope everyone is doing ok.  Hey [...] - I have missed you and hope you are well.  Let me know how you are!!

Hugs to all,
[...] :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #344 on: August 08, 2020, 09:27:18 pm »
Hi [...];
It looks like you are doing great.  I wish I had advice, or an answer to your question.  I AM here to support from the sidelines.  I started at 2.0mg Xanax nightly and just cut to .25.  I take .125 in the morning and .125 at bedtime.  I am curious how many times a day you are dosing, and what your symptoms are like? 
I am going to look into the supplement you mentioned - let me know how it goes for you.  It sounds like you are going to use it in place of a Xanax dose?  I am trying to decide what to do when I make my next cut.  I am dry cutting, and can't accurately cut the pills smaller than .125.  I'm scared to go back to a once daily dose, since I had such horrible interdose withdrawals for the past year (didn't realize what it was at first).
Anyway, congrats on making it this far.  Half way!!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #345 on: August 09, 2020, 12:27:53 pm »
Hi [...];
It looks like you are doing great.  I wish I had advice, or an answer to your question.  I AM here to support from the sidelines.  I started at 2.0mg Xanax nightly and just cut to .25.  I take .125 in the morning and .125 at bedtime.  I am curious how many times a day you are dosing, and what your symptoms are like? 
I am going to look into the supplement you mentioned - let me know how it goes for you.  It sounds like you are going to use it in place of a Xanax dose?  I am trying to decide what to do when I make my next cut.  I am dry cutting, and can't accurately cut the pills smaller than .125.  I'm scared to go back to a once daily dose, since I had such horrible interdose withdrawals for the past year (didn't realize what it was at first).

How are you finding taking the Xanax twice a day? I'm taking 4 doses a day and as I continue to cut, I'm going to have to start eliminating doses. That worries me but I'm also not comfortable cutting the pills smaller than .125.

[Buddie]

« Reply #346 on: August 10, 2020, 05:27:02 pm »
Hi [...];

Hello,
I am trying so hard to do well.  Some days it is alot harder than others.  I have been taking 4 doses a day all split into .25 mg.  Yesterday I was going to try the supplement but I had a bad issue with taking it with the Xanax so I am not going to try it right now.  I may get the 100 mg of the supplement and try that as I think the 200 mg I have are too strong with the Xanax that is in my system.
I appreciate your support.  Most of my symptoms lately have been that my stomach hurts until at least 3 or 4 every afternoon and I just feel yucky.  Some days I have chest discomfort and I just ride it out as I have had this the whole time I have tapered and also before I started my taper.  I went to the ER several times and they said it was anxiety each time.   I have alot of anxiety and usually if I do things to distract myself, like get on the internet and look at different things or get on my phone and look at videos that helps.  The bad part is I look at shopping networks  alot and I end up ordering things and just send them back but I would rather do that than feel horrible.

Congrats on getting to .25 mg.  Thats great.  I know its hard to cut the pills as I have to have my husband do that for me because of my vision.  He cuts my .5 mg into halves and then cuts them into halves to make the .125 mg.  Now I have some .25 mg and once they are cut they will be .125 mg and he can cut them in half to make the .0625's that I am going to need soon.  He uses a pill cutter.  It will be close enough.  It is a pain I know but if you can cut the .125 mg that you have in half to make the .0625 mg's you could go down a to .0625 and still stay on 2 doses.  Once I am down to that dose, I would probally take one in the morning and do that for a week and then jump, but that is just me.  And - I am not there yet so my opinion on that may change.

Take care and let me know how you are doing.

[...] 

[Buddie]

« Reply #347 on: August 21, 2020, 09:23:14 am »
Hi, just happened to see the question about l-theanine.

I have tried it and it makes me kind of tired/sedated.  Think has helped me sleep, but do not like the feel of it.

Have tried it a few times and always wind up putting it in with my box of supplements not to take.

But think some people like it ;)

[Buddie]

« Reply #348 on: August 24, 2020, 11:33:20 pm »
Hi, just happened to see the question about l-theanine.

I have tried it and it makes me kind of tired/sedated.  Think has helped me sleep, but do not like the feel of it.

Have tried it a few times and always wind up putting it in with my box of supplements not to take.

But think some people like it ;)

Hello,
I just saw this.  Thanks for responding.  I am not taking it as my anxiety about taking new drugs or supplements took over so I am just tapering off the Xanax little by little.  I will get there eventually!!

I hope everyone is doing ok.

Take care.
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #349 on: September 08, 2020, 05:54:03 pm »
Hello everyone,
I hope you are doing good.  I am hanging in there.  I made a cut this past Sunday and am now down to .9375.  I will stay on this for a couple weeks and if I am doing well I will do another .0625 cut.  so far I am doing OK but its only been 3 days.  I am optimistic.  I have to stay positive and believe I can get through this.
I miss seeing everyone on this thread.

It has been recommended to me by my psy nurse to try NAC  N-Acetyl Cysteine  which is supposed to be good for anxiety.  She wants me to use it but not take away a dose of the Xanax.  I am researching it so I do not know if I am going to try it or not.  So far I have read that it does help people with their mood and anxiety.  It has alot of health benefits for breathing and blood sugar, etc.  I am still researching it though.  I have such an issue with taking any new medication of any type due to the anxiety it causes.

Please let me know how you all are! 

Hey [...] - how are you?  Miss you lots.

Hugs, [...]   :)