Author Topic: Looking for Buddies - LT High dose Xanax direct taper 1/2 way there!  (Read 13565 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Looking for Buddies - LT High dose Xanax direct taper 1/2 way there!
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2019, 09:26:33 pm »
[...] - Can you get in touch with the doctor or pharmacist? I know I got my round duds changed out. It really is awful when the different meds react in different ways. My heart goes out to you.

[...] - My new GP was fine about .5 and then .25. He just thinks I'm taking more than what I am taking.

I'm not sure how your concentration is on the taper. Math is not my best subject either (and really stressful while tapering). I have found that I can google "blank is what percent of blank" on Google and get a calculator where I just plug in the numbers.

[...] - I hope you are having a good day.

Did anyone see the post under benzos in the news about the Perdue family and how they intentionally got doctors to write more oxi prescriptions? The original article posted plus some others on video or with extra details were really good. Big pharma needs to answer for the things they have done and are doing to people.

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2019, 10:58:33 pm »
Hi everyone,
I hope everyone is doing ok. 

[...]:  Thanks for asking, I am doing ok.  A littke off but hanging in there.  I am NOT good with the percentages either.  I found this on BB a week or so ago even though I am still at a loss as to how to use it and know what I should be doing but maybe it will help you.

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/direct/directForm.php

I also thought back and realized that I had an issue with the round Xanax too.  I went to a different pharmacy one time and they game me the round white ones and I could tell they were not the same as the ones I had been taking.  (They did not work for me)  I called them and asked if they had the peachy colored .50 mg ones and they did not so I did not go there anymore.

[...] - I am so glad you are here too!!! 

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2019, 01:13:33 am »
Feeling like Iím more stabilized today, pretty happy about that. I take my nightly dose in 20 minutes and the internal tremors have kicked up a bit but nothing I canít handle.

Itís the calm before the storm with the next cut coming up Friday night.

I realize Iím posting in a long term group and Iím a short term user but just wanted to check in especially since weíre an X crowd. Symptoms really wore off around the 5 day mark and peaked at day 3-4.  But again, Iím only short term and a one a day person so Iím sure itís going to differ.

I have Valium as a backup. My doc gave it to me to taper with after suggesting Klonopin first but I pushed for V. At this point Iím sticking with X and seeing how far I go. I did get scared off a bit because I started at 1.25mg of X and they gave me 20mg of Valium. It seemed high but im assuming it was because the crossover wouldnít be a picnic. I really didnít want to updose to cross over, so onward.

On a side note, I went over to reddit today and saw a ton of posts glamorizing Benzo use. It really bothered me. if these kids only knew what they were playing with. It seems like everyone here really got into a situation that they didnít fully understand the ramifications of. That, I fully understand because it happened to me, but these posts were hard to read.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2019, 04:28:45 pm »
Glad to hear that youíre doing better! Iíve had a rough few days but praying that I stabilize soon. Well, I havenít been stable, per say for years but a gal can hope! :).

Sorry this is brief but Iím checking in from my phone.

Just wanted to see how all are doing. Hang in there! Weí[...] get through this!!

Fondly,
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2019, 11:10:48 pm »
I replied to the wrong thread earlier.

Iím feeling pretty good today after cutting Friday. Hope things keep going well!

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2019, 03:49:31 pm »

Hi [...],
                                 It's great to see the progress you've made.

I know a benzo is a benzo, but I like you am on Xanax and have been since March 2015 @ 1.5 mg, bedtime.

I'm a caregiver for my mom with dementia and got on this poison as a way to help me sleep.

To be brutally honest, I've been wanting to taper for more than 2 1/2 years now and have been too chicken to start.

I've considered the LT method and direct cut dry method.............I've heard the pros and cons of both.

I also would like to make 25% reductions to expedite the process, but then I hear horror stories by some folks that say it's way too fast and the w/d and s/x's are unbearable.

Anyway, I know we're all different but I see your initial cuts were 25% and then you had to updose a bit near the end.

Did you have a lot of unbearable days and nights with those large cuts?

Thanks

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2019, 01:34:15 am »

Hi [...],

I know a benzo is a benzo, but I like you am on Xanax and have been since March 2015 @ 1.5 mg, bedtime.

I'm a caregiver for my mom with dementia and got on this poison as a way to help me sleep.

To be brutally honest, I've been wanting to taper for more than 2 1/2 years now and have been too chicken to start.

I've considered the LT method and direct cut dry method.............I've heard the pros and cons of both.

I also would like to make 25% reductions to expedite the process, but then I hear horror stories by some folks that say it's way too fast and the w/d and s/x's are unbearable.

Anyway, I know we're all different but I see your initial cuts were 25% and then you had to updose a bit near the end.

Thanks

The first piece of advice is that you need to disassociate Xanax and sleep. I too used Xanax to sleep after months of dealing with insomnia and took too much Trazadone during a panic attack. Ended up in the ER where I was started on Xanax. I thought it was the cure for my issue and quickly made the assumption that Xanax = sleep.

My doc told me that I need to break that thought process as I taper off.  Xanax has only relaxed me enough to sleep, Iím not dependent on it to sleep.

Itís not easy to do which is why I introduced Remeron during my taper which has really helped. Iím not recommending it because everyone reacts differently but Iíve dry cut from 1.25mg to 0.875mg over the past few weeks with symptoms but Iíve been handling it all right. 0.125mg at a time. Ií[...] probably have to slow down a bit towards the end but Iím still chugging along.

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2019, 02:08:15 pm »

Hi [...],

Thanks

The .25 cuts were okay in the beginning because I was on such a high dose.  However, I "strongly" recommend that you do NOT do such large cuts throughout your taper.  The last cut I made was intense (still is), as I got literally slammed with side effects that have been horrible.  However, it was an 18% cut from 1.75!  NOT GOOD!

The rule of thumb is 5-10% cuts every two weeks.  I'm praying to stabilize on the 1.5 dose even if it takes me 2 weeks to do so and then resume my taper with 10% cuts (or less if need be).  Trust me, I want off of this stuff as quickly as possible.  I've been at it for far too long.  However, I have to accept that rushing a taper just to say that I'm finally off of them is a foolish way to go.  The chances of getting slammed after your taper are far greater if you go to fast.  I'm gradually learning to be patient and accept that this is my fate .... for now. 

Also, please keep in mind that I have been on these for so much longer than you... Over 20 years!  Nevertheless, any long term use (greater than 6 weeks or so) is going to require a slow, methodical, symptom based taper. 

Hang in there!  We'[...] all get through this!

Fondly,
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2019, 04:44:29 pm »

Thank you both for your advice and input.

I've been looking into tapering for over 2 1/2 years and if I started with a slow method then, I'd be off by now :laugh:

Well, again thanks for the advice and whether it will be dry or LT, it will definitely be slow and continued success with your tapers also.

Al

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2019, 11:59:47 pm »
checking in to see how all are doing.

Hopefully no news is good news!  :)

[...]