Author Topic: Looking for Buddies - LT High dose Xanax direct taper 1/2 way there!  (Read 34373 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Looking for Buddies - LT High dose Xanax direct taper 1/2 way there!
« Reply #1460 on: September 15, 2021, 03:51:28 am »
[...],

Geez... sounds like you have a real "winner" of a therapist (insert eyeroll)!  One of the very first things we learned in "Techniques of Counseling and Psychotherapy 1" is that there is no place for "I" (the therapist) in a counseling session!  We are taught to never project how "we" would handle anything onto the client!  That's a golden rule and it's not up for debate.  It's harmful for not only the client but the therapeutic relationship as a whole. The only way to address something like that with a client is to say, "Can you think of another response/action that may have provided a better outcome for you?"  I could go on and on but I'm pretty sure that you're not here for a lesson in psychotherapy techniques! LOL 

I have a good friend of mine who is a vascular surgeon and I was telling him about a horrible diagnosis that my mom received and I'[...] never forget his comment that stuck with me... "Anyone can graduate from med school with a C!"  Let that one sink in.  :)  And yes, I also had some fellow classmates that weren't the sharpest tools in the shed but got through the program by the skin of their teeth and went on to practice so I get where you're coming from.  Maybe "Josh" needs to go back and take a few refresher courses!  UGH!

For several years I worked at an outpatient clinic so I'm very familiar with the fact that meds won't be prescribed unless you're seen regularly by a therapist - Hence, you are often stuck seeing whoever is on staff at the time and worse, it's often a revolving door. All this being said, who knows... in another month or so, maybe someone new will enter that may be a better fit.  However, I totally understand getting tired of bouncing around.  It's tedious to have to "tell your story" or get to know yet another therapist.  I just feel so badly that this has been your experience because the relationship with the therapist, the trust you have, comfort level, respect, and ability to relate or "click" with them is fundamentally the most important part of the process.  It's a shame that you're not getting much value out of your session with "Joshua" other than your medication.  It's such a disservice to you!  I truly hope that you're able to find another therapist who can offer you the help, respect and compassion that you rightfully deserve. 

I'm genuinely happy that my story helped a bit.  We all deserve to know that others can empathize and understand our pain!  As I said, trauma stinks! But sometimes it helps just to know that others can relate regardless of the stories behind the trauma.

I saw on another board that you made it to the gym.  Good for you!  My 30 minutes of exercise for the 30 days of August was a total bust!  LOL  Great idea met with horrible execution on my part!   :laugh:  I'[...] try it again sometime soon but I can't believe how much of a toll this long taper took on my body.  I'm so darn out of shape that it's scary!  Hopefully I'[...] give it another go in a few weeks.

Thank you as well for telling a little about your own story!  My heart really went out to you!  .... and still does! 

I'm hoping that your morning anxiety gets better very soon.  Have you tried any type deep breathing techniques as soon as you wake up?  I know it sounds cliché but they often work wonders! 

Thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way!

Fondly,
[...]

« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 04:02:43 am by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1461 on: September 15, 2021, 03:38:03 pm »
Hi [...],

I do deep breathing all the time. It does help. I also meditate and that helps too. I am a pretty rough case but it sounds like you were too. For some unknown reason, I am not as anxious this morning as usual. Maybe it's because my sleep is slowly improving. I have an appointment with Joshua tomorrow. Oh, how I wish he were David. Oh well. You get whatcha get and you don't throw a fit, I suppose. :)

Have a super day!

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1462 on: September 28, 2021, 02:25:03 pm »
Update:

Moderna booster... not good!  Severe side effects that I did NOT anticipate!  I had the booster three weeks ago at my physicians' request due to some recent health issues but his request was prior to the release of the information about Moderna having twice the MRNA of Pfizer, etc.  If I had to do it all over again, I would not have taken it.  I was perfectly fine after the first two doses six months ago and therefore did not anticipate the mess of a reaction to the booster. 

Long story short, I ended up in the ER a few weeks ago.  I'm doing much better now several weeks out but it was really frustrating.  Severe dizziness was the side effect that just wouldn't ease up.  Keep in mind that I've had taper induced dizziness in the past and this was NOTHING like it.  It was relentless 24/7 for at least 11 days.  As per the ER doctor, apparently this side effect is being under reported. 

For what it's worth, they aren't seeing this in the Pfizer booster. 
Hope this helps someone who either is contemplating getting Moderna or who already received it and had a similar reaction.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1463 on: September 28, 2021, 10:19:37 pm »
Hello all! I decided to start a new thread to replace the "It's me again, ...." and the "Dry Cutting Looking for Buddies" threads.   Last year we had a very supportive group on those threads but quite a few have since completed their taper - and I'm happy to report that they are doing very well! Translated: there's hope for the rest of us!  :thumbsup: Unfortunately, some others seemed to have dropped off for various reasons. 

At the moment, I'm still doing cut and hold method.  Once I get to 1 mg, I may entertain DMLT but for now, I'm hanging in there with what I know. Crossing over to Valium is not an option for me. 

I am hoping that others who are going through a long term prescribed use of Xanax can chime in on this journey.  As you'[...] see in my signature, my highest dose was 6 mgs.  Currently, I'm on my first day of 1.5 and hoping for the best!  Fingers crossed! 

Hope to find some old buddies I've lost touch with as well as some new buddies to continue this journey! 

Fondly,
[...]

Hi there [...],

You are and inspiration.  I'm coming off 2mg of X and it is kicking my ass, but I know this is part of the ride.  It totally sucks!  I go to bed at night and IF I sleep, I wake up the next day hoping it will be better than the last. X is wicked. Know I will be praying for you and that your journey will continue to be full of very good days.  I wish CT was not an issue with these drugs because I often fantasize about never taking another pill and just getting through hell, but then I remind myself I have been forced to have CT X when my prescriber screwed up my script.  He said I was imagining that I could have such serious reactions to going without the Xanax for three days.  It was terrible.  BTW, I have missed lots of family gatherings this year because of X issues, I will be missing another one this coming weekend.  It is very painful and the family doesn't know why I can't just pull it together and force myself to attend. That hurts, too.  They don't understand that this is a long process and that I'm not being lazy, rude or selfish.  They are very judgmental and take things to personally..like I would WANT to suffer with this!  God be with us all.  :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #1464 on: October 03, 2021, 07:55:47 pm »
[...],

My heart was so heavy reading your post because it's so familiar.  I can't even begin to tell you how much I missed over the past 3 years.  It's depressing for me to even revisit it. 

Although we can never get those moments back, please believe that there are so many special memories to be made in the future.  I have a friend who has gone through this (Klonopin taper) who reassured me that this is the case back when I was at my lowest point when my entire family went to visit my son in Europe as I laid on my sofa at home alone for 9 days - it was torture.  I don't think I had ever encountered depression like I did over the course of that week.  My friend is now a few years out from her taper and truly living life... her life is actually better than what it was prior to benzo's.  There are far more stories like hers than what we tend to see on this site because many don't come back to write about it after their taper ... they're too busy Living! 

I have at least 5 buddies (friends) that I made over my long journey on here as well as several friends in the benzo community outside of Benzo Buddies (who completed their taper) that I keep in touch with who are doing fantastic!  And I can't stress enough that most all of them were super sick during their taper!  Please hold on to faith that this WILL get better and we'[...] get through it!  So many others have come before us and did!  They are healed, socializing, celebrating holidays and birthdays, traveling, working, driving, and enjoying life!  We will too!  :) 

Wishing you strength!

Fondly,
[...]
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 09:27:40 pm by [Buddie] »