Author Topic: Positive thinking is helping immensely.  (Read 1526 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Positive thinking is helping immensely.
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2019, 08:51:51 pm »
This is a great thread!! I am going to watch the video. I def believe doing and thinking more positive things help do much. If you are around positive tjings and ppl it tends to rub off on.you.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Positive thinking is helping immensely
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2019, 09:36:22 pm »
I have always tended to be positive (critical for kindergarten/first grade teachers, certainly) but the intensity of withdrawal and length of recovery was a gigantic challenge to positivity. 

Acceptance of the process took some time.  It required me to make some big changes in perception (i.e., this IS going to take more time than I, aging, but healthy, want to accept...and, there doesnít seem to be a whole lot I can do about it except wait it out) but made a world of difference.  Did it make me heal faster? Maybe or maybe not, no way to know and Iím not going to do it again to test the theory, thatís for damn sure.

But itíll make the recovery time easier...for you and your family and friends.

Being informed, understanding the physical process and its mental/emotional manifestations will go a long way towards acceptance and acceptance will lead to a more positive outlook overall.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2019, 09:51:21 pm »
[...] you are quite literally a Godsend. I have gone down the rabbit hole of negativity lately and it is crippling me! You shook me by the shoulders metaphorically and made me think. I am 65 and you make so much sense. I am at 5 mg of [...]. Do you mind if I pm you sometime?

[Buddie]

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2019, 10:03:50 pm »
Before I got off benzos I thought negatively, and it does seem if the benzos may have caused some of that. During my ugly wd, I sensed (dimly!) I should start faking it. Faking it really means forcing yourself to think positively no matter how awful you feel. You have to make yourself feel positively for this to help you. I did this constantly during the e+ years it took me to fully heal and at the end of that time. I WAS much more positive! I find this utterly amazing, that we can control how we feel, as long as we put some effort into. Experts will tell you in confusing terms that you are re-training your brain, but in the end, what matters is you do feel so much better. And that is a great thing to learn, going through benzo wd.
Fake it til you make it, people. It really does work.

[Buddie]

Re: Positive thinking is helping immensely
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2019, 08:12:10 am »
I have always tended to be positive (critical for kindergarten/first grade teachers, certainly) but the intensity of withdrawal and length of recovery was a gigantic challenge to positivity. 

Acceptance of the process took some time.  It required me to make some big changes in perception (i.e., this IS going to take more time than I, aging, but healthy, want to accept...and, there doesnít seem to be a whole lot I can do about it except wait it out) but made a world of difference.  Did it make me heal faster? Maybe or maybe not, no way to know and Iím not going to do it again to test the theory, thatís for damn sure.

But itíll make the recovery time easier...for you and your family and friends.

Being informed, understanding the physical process and its mental/emotional manifestations will go a long way towards acceptance and acceptance will lead to a more positive outlook overall.

Great point. Acceptance is key, as well as distraction.

[Buddie]

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2019, 07:49:48 pm »

I have a really great YouTube teaching series from a neuroscientist that is on point with what you are saying.  Would you like the link? It's very incredible and talks about how to overcome that negative thinking, etc.  It's awesome.   

Yes RR..I would love the link!!

Oh, I've heard of Caroline Leaf. I think Andrew Wommack was talking about her.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9UtL9_2jZA

Sending you the first one... there are four altogether.   :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2019, 03:37:32 am »
I just have to post something positive. The forum seems a little negative today.
 Went to visit my mom for a few days.  She is 88yrs old and doing well. I am 58yrs...and could have 30 more if my genetics are shared as much as I [...] they are.  I think this perspective is a good one.  It's all been worth it even if I only have one more year.  Having a good day (after suffering for a couple after the trip.)  Healing is happening....even when we are in  pain.

Keep the Faith everybody.

[Buddie]

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2019, 03:05:25 pm »
Just came across this thread and itís such a refreshing thread on here. We do need more of this stuff on here to support and boost each other up. Iíve been in the rabbit hole lately too and could really use more positivity. Will be rereading this.

[Buddie]

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2019, 09:49:40 pm »
Following

I've never been good at faking anything - (mostly for anyone else who feels "lame" at "acting")

But what worked (in the past) it taking the positive ACTION (regardless of my wimpy whiney "feels") and rinse, repeat - eventually I did feel more positive. Time takes time.

Now I needa go try DOING some of that...

Kind thoughts
TC