Author Topic: Positive thinking is helping immensely.  (Read 1484 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Positive thinking is helping immensely.
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2019, 12:53:18 am »
I read your post again today, and I had forgotten you great advice.
Iíve become too involved with my symptoms and I need to work on this.
Thanks!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2019, 12:22:59 pm »
I am 70 years old and I am suffering with all this too.  I read from Ashton that it is even worse for the elderly and we tend to be more sensitive.  I can attest to that.

I also tapered way too fast and got hit hard. 20 mg in less than 4 months.
 My BP was 220/155 for three weeks.  I was fortunate I did not have a stroke or death or organ damage in that long period of time.  NO, Cardiologist could not get it down......tried THREE Beta Blockers......they made me worse.  I took extra Potassium myself and Magnesium which kept it at 160 till it will spike again.  Had no choice but to HOLD which is NOT what I wanted to do.

During the HOLD I slowly began to stabilize.  Now I am tapering at 5% and hoping and praying to increase to 7% from 10mg.

I said all that to say this.......I REFUSE to keep naming my problems.  We have something in the brain called the Amygdala which is the Fight or Flight Primitive part of our brain and that is what is unbalanced thanks to the Benzos.   That is what is causing all this.  However, I have done much research on this and the Amygdala HEARS everything you are saying about and to yourself and to others.  And when you talk about the sxs all the time......ALL THE TIME.......then the Amygdala goes into action by making your FRIGHT much, much worse. 

Don't believe me.  Do the research on it. 

We have two choices.  The First choice is to realize that our MINDS are NOT part of our bodies.  The MIND is not an organ.  SO we can choose not to GIVE IN to these fears......and we can CHOOSE not to even speak them.  That helps immensely and to think about good things while you are feeling terrible.  While you are shaking and tremors, you say out loud or in your Mind how good you are going to be when you are off the Benzos and that you WILL HEAL.  The body and brain has amazing abilities to heal itself.  Think about how you are healing while you taper.  Think about good things and do not go to the REGRET world.  That will only FEED your fears. 

Going back is only going to make you worse.  Worrying about the future will also make you worse.  Think about only the good things in the past that made you feel good and send yourself there in your MIND and ENJOY IT.....smile.  Sing.....do things you enjoy even if you feel rotten.  FORCE yourself to do so.   MEDITATE.  Whatever Meditation helps you than you do that.

I believe in the LORD JESUS so I pray and that helps me.  We are all different, so you have to find what helps you.

Talking to good friends is good but not all about our problems bcuz again that will FEED that PRIMITIVE Amygdala in your brain and make you MUCH WORSE.  DO NOT FEED THAT BEAST!!!   GOOGLE Amygdala.......learn everything you can about it.

This is the way to overcome it day by day. Live in the Present but think and watch and do things that please you ...you can do this.  It's going to take WORK and Exercising these manifestations and thinking daily.   Work on being positive even when you feel bad bcuz this will not last.  THIS WILL NOT LAST!   

I have a really great YouTube teaching series from a neuroscientist that is on point with what you are saying.  Would you like the link? It's very incredible and talks about how to overcome that negative thinking, etc.  It's awesome.   :thumbsup:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2019, 02:10:41 pm »
When we surround ourselves with Negative things it affects our Amygdala ..the part of our brain that is PRIMITIVE and sets off the Fight or Flight symptoms making all the taper sxs much worse, setting your CNS ON FIRE.

So I avoid all of it.  I watch only movies (which are hard to find) that are uplifting.  And I listen to music and even how I speak about my sxs to myself or others......I pretty much try to ignore them and tell myself I am healing when I get hit with them.  I tell myself good, positive things about how much I love myself, how much God loves me, How much I am healing and will be free soon.  I FLOOD my MIND with good thoughts and I FIGHT to be around things that inspire me and encourage me.

Complaining will FEED THE BEAST (the Amygdala).  SO do NOT FEED THAT BEAST!
Starve that Beast till it gives up controlling your MIND.  You DO have Control over your MIND bcuz it is NOT a part of your body ..it is NOT an Organ, it is part of your SPIRIT.  So you CAN control it.   Practice these methods when you get hit and tell yourself you are happy and healthy and healing and encourage yourself just like you to do others in here who are hurting.  Be your own best friend. You are WORTH the FIGHT to help yourselves through this and you WILL WIN ..you will have the victory, dig in your heels and do not give up.........it will take time and lots of PRACTICE but you can achieve this and you can and will overcome ...and each time you succeed, the attacks of FEAR will lessen.  That is a PROMISE!  You CAN REWIRE your MIND.  YOU HAVE THAT CONTROL.  So use it.

Thank you so much for this thread.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2019, 12:43:51 am »

I have a really great YouTube teaching series from a neuroscientist that is on point with what you are saying.  Would you like the link? It's very incredible and talks about how to overcome that negative thinking, etc.  It's awesome.   

Yes RR..I would love the link!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2019, 10:42:49 am »

I have a really great YouTube teaching series from a neuroscientist that is on point with what you are saying.  Would you like the link? It's very incredible and talks about how to overcome that negative thinking, etc.  It's awesome.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9UtL9_2jZA

Sending you the first one... there are four altogether.   :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2019, 11:15:47 am »
Iíll be 70 in December, Iíve been too involved with this process and I need to get out of my head, itís not a good place to be in, at this moment. Too many doctor visits, that just make me feel worse.Thanks for the advice.
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2019, 01:03:49 pm »

[...] this is an amazing video. It gives me [...].

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2019, 11:56:37 am »
Your post really spoke to me. I was in a dark place and had forgotten how to be positive.  I am 65 and I know what you are saying is true. I will make a real effort today to think about how good it will feel to be well. And that our time here is precious.  Right now I am flooded with adrenaline and cortisol. I am on the panic train and am desperately trying to keep from going off the rails. I think I will be reading and rereading your post. Thank you!

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2019, 12:52:35 pm »

Yeah!!! Did you see the next three under #1? If not let me know and I'll link them here.   :thumbsup:

[...] this is an amazing video. It gives me [...].

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2019, 08:20:40 pm »
Just found this thread and I am loving it. I am a very positive person by nature and I'm trying to gravitate more towards those things that will uplift and give me [...]. I can't seem to access God these days which makes me sad but I know it's my damaged brain. So now I press on and I try to rebuild.  :smitten: