Severe head anxiety

[Vi...]

I’m 3 years off benzo and 1 year off remeron and my anxiety killing me.

My head is nonstop thingling burning and I’m keep putting ice on my head for 1.5 years now but is not getting any better.

Losing hope and I’m crying all the time.

Is ever going get better??? I’m waiting for a long time..

Anybody in the same boat?

Or I’m alone in this and it is some neurological damage what never going to heal and I need some medication.

Love and healing to you all

Vica

It seems like we each have our crosses to bear, Vica. Mine is blood pressure. I never know what's going to set it off and am scared out of my wits every time I take it.

Probiotics is the latest problem I have. I'm sorry I told you about that. It seems that it causes increasing anxiety for me, and so I have to stop it.

Just want you to know that although I don't share your head problems, I have my own that are driving me crazy with fear.  :hug: :hug:

Severe an unbearable anxiety too, My head is tight and tinnitus so loud, I am already deaf so don't hear anything else, The pressure is too much. I wish something would help, but there is nothing I know of. Hard to take at almost 74. How can anyone live this way.

I am so sorry Nova you have been suffering so long. I do understand,

Yes, i have severe anxiety and panic attacks. Still after 3 years off clonazepam.

I have generalized anxiety disorder and panic disorder. Will be trying a SSRI soon because i'm so done with it. I believe it's unnecessary to keep suffering for years.

If psychotherapy like CBT doesn't help and you wish to live a fulfilling life then sometimes there's no other option than taking psych meds. It's either that or living a shitty life.

Nick that's a long time off the benzo and still suffering. Did you taper down? I have tried to use CBT. but the therapist agreed that I am just not receptive to it. I was told I had GAD and anxiety, which are now 100x more severe now from the Valium which did not help at the low dose I was on, and now the tapering. I live with this all day every day. Just too old to keep coping and don't know what to do. I could not tolerate an ssri, Tried a tiny dose when in hospital for 3 days and I went into a spaced out hysterical state within an hour and then dry heaving for several hours. Awake all that night and so sick. You however are way out from the benzo and not tapering off, so you may be ok. I think my CNS got so messed by the valium that I cannot cope with the increased stess to my delicate system. They may help you though. I don't know. It's all a gamble I surely wish there was something that would bring this down, because I am at the point where I would take it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, i have severe anxiety and panic attacks. Still after 3 years off clonazepam.

I have generalized anxiety disorder and panic disorder. Will be trying a SSRI soon because i'm so done with it. I believe it's unnecessary to keep suffering for years.

If psychotherapy like CBT doesn't help and you wish to live a fulfilling life then sometimes there's no other option than taking psych meds. It's either that or living a shitty life.

So sorry to hear you suffering too . How you able to deal with this anxiety? Are you functioning? I’m completely disabled.

Are you using any natural supplements for anxiety.?

Nick that's a long time off the benzo and still suffering. Did you taper down? I have tried to use CBT. but the therapist agreed that I am just not receptive to it. I was told I had GAD and anxiety, which are now 100x more severe now from the Valium which did not help at the low dose I was on, and now the tapering. I live with this all day every day. Just too old to keep coping and don't know what to do. I could not tolerate an ssri, Tried a tiny dose when in hospital for 3 days and I went into a spaced out hysterical state within an hour and then dry heaving for several hours. Awake all that night and so sick. You however are way out from the benzo and not tapering off, so you may be ok. I think my CNS got so messed by the valium that I cannot cope with the increased stess to my delicate system. They may help you though. I don't know. It's all a gamble I surely wish there was something that would bring this down, because I am at the point where I would take it.

Yes i tapered down, took me almost a year to get off the clonazepam.

Some people just need psych meds, it's either that or suffer for life. I don't want to suffer any longer, that's my choice. So i really hope the SSRI works for me, otherwise i'll have to go through the whole mill of experimenting with different meds like SSRI's, SNRI's, TCA's, antipsychotic whatever works.

I'm making adjustments to my life so i can live stress free. That means basicly living frugally, work intensively on my psych and letting go of my dreams. It's very hard to do, letting go of my goals and dreams. But i'm damaged now, the harder i purchase my goals and dreams the sicker i become.

Like you my CNS is complety screwed. I believe i have neurological iatrogenic damage from the benzo's. I've been on a plateau since 2 years so the damage is permanent.

My main problem is with stimuli. Like playing a computer game or really focussing on something causes my CNS to go haywire, i then feel just like in acute.

ICan't cope with any form of stress.

Had i never taken that ciprofloxacine antibiotic then i would be enjoying an amazing life at the moment... I wish the doctor who pushed me to keep taking that damn antibiotic dies in a very painful way.

Yes i tapered down, took me almost a year to get off the clonazepam.

Some people just need psych meds, it's either that or suffer for life. I don't want to suffer any longer, that's my choice. So i really hope the SSRI works for me, otherwise i'll have to go through the whole mill of experimenting with different meds like SSRI's, SNRI's, TCA's, antipsychotic whatever works.

I'm making adjustments to my life so i can live stress free. That means basicly living frugally, work intensively on my psych and letting go of my dreams. It's very hard to do, letting go of my goals and dreams. But i'm damaged now, the harder i purchase my goals and dreams the sicker i become.

Like you my CNS is complety screwed. I believe i have neurological iatrogenic damage from the benzo's. I've been on a plateau since 2 years so the damage is permanent.

My main problem is with stimuli. Like playing a computer game or really focussing on something causes my CNS to go haywire, i then feel just like in acute.

ICan't cope with any form of stress.

Had i never taken that ciprofloxacine antibiotic then i would be enjoying an amazing life at the moment... I wish the doctor who pushed me to keep taking that damn antibiotic dies in a very painful way.

The problem with psych medication it can work and it can backfire on you.you will n ver know until you try.

I tried a few and I had very bad reaction right away. I can’t  try anymore bc it can kill me my body is so weak.

I hope it will work for you.

Vica

So sorry to hear you suffering too . How you able to deal with this anxiety? Are you functioning? I’m completely disabled.

No, i'm not really functioning. I try to do work for a few hours a day with high anxiety, some days i can't work at all.

I'm using chamomile tea, that helps me sleep but doesn't touch high anxiety or panic.

Propranolol really helped me but the med. turned against me since a week ago, i can't use it any longer.

Baclofen helps to relax my body a bit when my muscles are so tense it hurts.

No, i'm not really functioning. I try to do work for a few hours a day with high anxiety, some days i can't work at all.

I'm using chamomile tea, that helps me sleep but doesn't touch high anxiety or panic.

Propranolol really helped me but the med. turned against me since a week ago, i can't use it any longer.

Baclofen helps to relax my body a bit when my muscles are so tense it hurts.

I tried l- theanine for 2 days for severe anxiety and is backfired on me too. I can’t even fall a sleep my head pain so severe.

Baclofen is muscle relaxer?

Yeah l-theanine is a strange thing. I've tried it, it relaxes me but then i experience rebound anxiety. I don't like l-theanine.

Baclofen is a GABA-B agonist, it doesn't have any known effect on GABA-A.

It's a "muscle relaxer" yes with anxiolytic properties. When my CNS is overstimulated then baclofen does wonders for me.

Yeah l-theanine is a strange thing. I've tried it, it relaxes me but then i experience rebound anxiety. I don't like l-theanine.

Baclofen is a GABA-B agonist, it doesn't have any known effect on GABA-A.

It's a "muscle relaxer" yes with anxiolytic properties. When my CNS is overstimulated then baclofen does wonders for me.

Are you in Canada or USA?

• 1 month later...

Well said Nick....most ppl hate the thought of having to take  psych drugs but after many years of no drugs and still feeling deathly ill, what do you do? I really hope there are better treatment options in the future for some of these devasting mental health disorders that are very real. Even before benzos entered the picture, these things can literally devastate your life and make life seem like not worth living. There has to be a reason why some ppl develop these disorders. Maybe with genetic testing, we can reliably predict who might be effected by these things at some point in life and take the necessary preventive measure to stop this from happening....IDK!....but benzos long-term will just compound your suffering....that we do know now!

• 3 weeks later...

I’m 3 years off benzo and 1 year off remeron and my anxiety killing me.

My head is nonstop thingling burning and I’m keep putting ice on my head for 1.5 years now but is not getting any better.

Losing hope and I’m crying all the time.

Is ever going get better??? I’m waiting for a long time..

Anybody in the same boat?

Or I’m alone in this and it is some neurological damage what never going to heal and I need some medication.

Vica

This can be really discouraging.......3 years off all meds.......and still suffering terribly. I do not think it is so much benzos anymore after 3 years. Have you considered the more natural approaches to treat your anxiety like exercise and meditation?

• 2 weeks later...

I trid everything. Not able exercise, medication sometimes helps a little but most times dos not do anything.

I think I’m still very sick bc just came off hormones ( projesterone) 7 months ago and withrawl from hormones can be same hell like benzo.

Hoping is going to get better even if is a very slow process. Find it acupuncture helping a bit too. After treatment I have less pain and anxiety for 1-2 days. Then everything goes back to acute.

I’m only off all medication 17 months. Off benzo 38 months.

I know I’m not the only one who still suffering greatly 3 + years out. But I know we all will heal with time..... when ..nobody knows.....

Vica