Author Topic: Severe head anxiety  (Read 944 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Severe head anxiety
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2019, 09:08:50 am »
Yeah l-theanine is a strange thing. I've tried it, it relaxes me but then i experience rebound anxiety. I don't like l-theanine.

Baclofen is a GABA-B agonist, it doesn't have any known effect on GABA-A.
It's a "muscle relaxer" yes with anxiolytic properties. When my CNS is overstimulated then baclofen does wonders for me.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2019, 12:16:44 am »
Yeah l-theanine is a strange thing. I've tried it, it relaxes me but then i experience rebound anxiety. I don't like l-theanine.

Baclofen is a GABA-B agonist, it doesn't have any known effect on GABA-A.
It's a "muscle relaxer" yes with anxiolytic properties. When my CNS is overstimulated then baclofen does wonders for me.
Are you in Canada or USA?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2019, 06:05:14 am »
I'm in Europe. But got the baclofen in Asia without prescription for $5  :laugh:

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2019, 12:30:57 pm »
Nick, how you doing ?

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2019, 05:01:32 pm »
Yes, i have severe anxiety and panic attacks. Still after 3 years off clonazepam.
I have generalized anxiety disorder and panic disorder. Will be trying a SSRI soon because i'm so done with it. I believe it's unnecessary to keep suffering for years.
If psychotherapy like CBT doesn't help and you wish to live a fulfilling life then sometimes there's no other option than taking psych meds. It's either that or living a shitty life.
Well said Nick....most ppl hate the thought of having to take  psych drugs but after many years of no drugs and still feeling deathly ill, what do you do? I really hope there are better treatment options in the future for some of these devasting mental health disorders that are very real. Even before benzos entered the picture, these things can literally devastate your life and make life seem like not worth living. There has to be a reason why some ppl develop these disorders. Maybe with genetic testing, we can reliably predict who might be effected by these things at some point in life and take the necessary preventive measure to stop this from happening....IDK!....but benzos long-term will just compound your suffering....that we do know now!

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2019, 07:54:20 pm »
I知 3 years off benzo and 1 year off remeron and my anxiety killing me.
My head is nonstop thingling burning and I知 keep putting ice on my head for 1.5 years now but is not getting any better.
Losing hope and I知 crying all the time.
Is ever going get better??? I知 waiting for a long time..
Anybody in the same boat?
Or I知 alone in this and it is some neurological damage what never going to heal and I need some medication.
Love and healing to you all
[...]
This can be really discouraging.......3 years off all meds.......and still suffering terribly. I do not think it is so much benzos anymore after 3 years. Have you considered the more natural approaches to treat your anxiety like exercise and meditation?

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2019, 01:51:52 am »
I trid everything. Not able exercise, medication sometimes helps a little but most times dos not do anything.
I think I知 still very sick bc just came off hormones ( projesterone) 7 months ago and withrawl from hormones can be same hell like benzo.
Hoping is going to get better even if is a very slow process. Find it acupuncture helping a bit too. After treatment I have less pain and anxiety for 1-2 days. Then everything goes back to acute.
I知 only off all medication 17 months. Off benzo 38 months.
I know I知 not the only one who still suffering greatly 3 + years out. But I know we all will heal with time..... when ..nobody knows.....
Love and healing to you all
[...]