PLEASE HELP !! HOW to c/o back from V to K - tonight desperate!!

[ch...]

PLEASE HELP DEAR BUDDIES!?

PLEASE ADVISE ??  HOW do i cross back quickly to K/C -- after 1 week has passed ?!?

at 37 V and in utter agony - severe leg tension from hip to toes  :(

upped by 1.5V after 1st day -- should've been ~35.5 but was not enough.

i took GP's advice and c/o to all Valium 7 days ago.

it was a quick c/o + was bungled all due to GP's advice:

1st stage was actually 1.5 c/o equivalent - which failed : 13V + 1.125K

back to old dose next day [8V + 1.345K]  - for 4 days.

then jumped up to next stage: 20V + .75K -  failed after 2 days.

then back down to 1.5 stage, which was in between, ie: 16V + 1K - failed after 2 days.

just too much tension... on 2 benzos for too long... tolerance to both, IDK ??

this all took about 9 days.

plus 7 days now at all V 37mg.

expected relief from all V -- but no luck!

hate K - but no other option!

PLEASE HELP !!!!

:(    so v grateful xxxx

will post in Sub support + C/O support too.

It can takes a few weeks to adjust to a crossover. Consider giving it some more time. If the symptom you are experiencing are unbearable you would probably be ok by stopping the V and going back on the K/C but you may need a higher dose if you had reached tolerance prior to the crossover. Transitions take time to experience optimal results  :thumbsup:

THANKS SO v much BELLA for quick reply  :smitten: !

BUT -- UNBEARABLE - both achilles at snapping point  :(

PLEASE ADVISE CAN i just go to equivalent tonight, ie, ~ 1.75 ??

or 1.85 [past week upped V by 1.5V - still not enough tho ! ...OR.... too much ?!

no idea what tolerance dose is - hit it 1 yr ago at .75K !

2 GP updoses since July -- up to 1K -- then up to 1.5K -- both made tension worse + worse! OR.... too tolerant each within 2 weeks !

plus failed direct c/o in mid- July -- then more updosing -- and then pulled off Ashton in Sep after 3rd c/o -- due to hypermobile joints -- PLUS a 10% cut by GP !?  ie, back to 1.5K.

so then more updosing by Psych - got to 1.65 for 1 week then 1.75 for 1 night -- made it worse again.

that's why swapped out those last K updoses for 5V in mid-Oct.

Most recent dose was 8V + 1.345K --- was 1.375 since Nov/Dec -- but tried to cut 2% in Feb... but not much success -- still too much tension.

also, thought it maybe b/c on 2 benzos too long... + failed Lyrica sxs.

afraid to updose more b/c causes more tension = rock + hard place  :(

any further advice ??  SO v grateful x

PS: sorry for panic + lots of !!!

THANKS SO v much BELLA for quick reply  :smitten: !

BUT -- UNBEARABLE - both achilles at snapping point  :(

PLEASE ADVISE CAN i just go to equivalent tonight, ie, ~ 1.75 ??

or 1.85 [past week upped V by 1.5V - still not enough tho ! ...OR.... too much ?!

no idea what tolerance dose is - hit it 1 yr ago at .75K !

2 GP updoses since July -- up to 1K -- then up to 1.5K -- both made tension worse + worse! OR.... too tolerant each within 2 weeks !

plus failed direct c/o in mid- July -- then more updosing -- and then pulled off Ashton in Sep after 3rd c/o -- due to hypermobile joints -- PLUS a 10% cut by GP !?  ie, back to 1.5K.

so then more updosing by Psych - got to 1.65 for 1 week then 1.75 for 1 night -- made it worse again.

that's why swapped out those last K updoses for 5V in mid-Oct.

Most recent dose was 8V + 1.345K --- was 1.375 since Nov/Dec -- but tried to cut 2% in Feb... but not much success -- still too much tension.

also, thought it maybe b/c on 2 benzos too long... + failed Lyrica sxs.

afraid to updose more b/c causes more tension = rock + hard place  :(

any further advice ??  SO v grateful x

PS: sorry for panic + lots of !!!

It sounds like you have tried everything to no avail. It is more thnlikely you will encounter the same problems as the previous attempts.  :-\ What does your doctor suggest?

thank you v much BELLA

yes - you are right - horrific merry go round of hell... how do i get free of this nightmare?

i just want to be able to walk enough to make it to loo, kitchen + bed + taper these horrific poisons.

SO v grateful that you know some of my HX and understand  :hug:

GP only in 2.5 days/wk... and not on MOndays.

GP never wanted me to go back to K due to increasing tension w/former GP's updosing. Fair enough. But she is clueless.... should never have Rx'd Lyrica while on 2 benzos...!

tho this GP hoped Ashton would work as it seemed to in SEP.... but it now seems clear that V goes right thru me so quickly - or just tolerant. 

wish i didn't need to updose to 37 V last week ~ 1.85 K for 1 week only.... but 35 V did not work at nighttime dose.... so took extra 2V ~ lunch - dinner most of last week.

so now tolerant to ~ 1.85K already after just 1 week -- or both Val + K w/d... not sure... so confused + scared  :(

was afraid to go to 1.85K last night -- b/c awful past experience at 1.75 as you may recall.

so only went to 1.65 K.

but had already taken 2V ~ dinner time - as of last week's direct switch.

so had ~ 1.75K last night.... didn't think 1 week @ 1.85K would make huge difference.

esp. as K more potent.... but obvs. body w/out K for 1 week made bigger difference than i realized....

so last night = 5% cut from last week - just 1 week.

should have switched back to K sooner before all gone from body  :(

but today - barely tolerable until lunch - then severe terrifying w/d --  leg/achilles tension - so took 2V again + thought would work as last week + would do so for this week until K builds back up....

but after just 3hrs - unbearable again  :'(

so cried my eyes out + just took .125K - to get me until bedtime dose... but what will that dose be??

i have no idea what to do.... NEVER wanted to updose K again -- b/c of increased tension + more disability.

5 GPs, 1 ER Doc, 1 Rheum + 1 Psych -- all got me into this nightmare.... sorry to sound anti-Doc -- but that's my history since 2016.

Prescribing GP said : 'no more than 4 wks of K'  -- but she moved away + then I saw Rheum -- who said 'stay on K for at least 1 year'....for Fibro.

maybe i should just go to 4K like the Psych advised? ....when i said 'NO thanks' - he dismissed me on the spot.

sorry for repeating and raving - can't recall what i've written where..... so agitated, angry, depressed -- hate myself for listening to unwise Drs advise instead of my original GP + my gut + tapering asap.

now i am a lost cause + body so deformed + disabled + trapped in benzo hell .... sorry for ranting self-pity :-[

need to go cry again now.... truly, thank you so v much for trying to help me x