Severe anxiety help copeing

[To...]

Ok does anyone have this same anxiety? Where you feel it so in your chest in the heart? Like I mean so anxious? I have this all day and extreme sound sensitivity,like even walking in the kitchen feels like it’s close or can cause a panic attack..does anyone else get this everyday? And if you do how do you cope? Like this is not natural anxiety is anxiety on steroids!

Yes, Tommy, I know what you are talking about. And it is absolutely a withdrawal symptom. As for coping, it is hard. But you have to keep telling yourself that what you feel is caused by the drug. It is not how you really feel. You know there is no real threat in your kitchen, but you still have the same feeling that you would if the threat were actually real. So, you have to keep reassuring yourself, over and over again. I hope you are not tapering fast. If you are, hold and slow down please. Esperanza

I know exactly what you mean, the anxiety is so intense it almost feel caustic inside, right? it's an anxiety out of this world but hang in there, it will fade!

how long have you been off benzos?

I am nearly a year off Klonopin. I have been starting to have those same feelings of anxiety in my chest. I am a high school teacher. Today, while reading in front of my class, it felt like my heart skipped a beat, and I had a moment of terror. Now, my left arm is tingling and itchy. I am very scared about these feelings of anxiety. I haven't had them in a long time. I can't tell if this is withdrawal any longer or is being caused by my job.

Ok does anyone have this same anxiety? Where you feel it so in your chest in the heart? Like I mean so anxious? I have this all day and extreme sound sensitivity,like even walking in the kitchen feels like it’s close or can cause a panic attack..does anyone else get this everyday? And if you do how do you cope? Like this is not natural anxiety is anxiety on steroids!

Unfortunately, I still have this. I've made many mistakes, so I don't expect anyone else to have it this long. But that's exactly it - in the chest region, uncontrolled anxiety. I wish I knew exactly what causes it. It's very uncomfortable!

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I still have this. I've made many mistakes, so I don't expect anyone else to have it this long. But that's exactly it - in the chest region, uncontrolled anxiety. I wish I knew exactly what causes it. It's very uncomfortable!

Same here, almost all the time. The feeling alone causes additional panic because it's like something isn't right. I'm not quite sure what to do about it but I feel it. My chest constantly feels strained and pushed back, or pinching.

• 2 weeks later...
I was feeling that sensation in the chest and the accelerated heartbeat. I realized I was having breathing issues. Benzos cause that kind of problems and the lungs get used to breathing in a very superficial way, that´s what causes chest tightness. Palpitations are also a withdrawal symptom. You have to wait. It will go away, it´s awful, I know, but be aware that all that is caused by withdrawal, it´s not you. I had to wait for 3 months for these symptoms to get much better. Hang in there, this is hard to overcome, but not impossible. I hope you are feeling better.

@ Tommy, I have this nearly every single day and like the others have said, it feels so uncomfortable no matter how much anyone tries to reassure you. I have it right now as I am typing this on my laptop. These are some of the worst, most terrifying sx's bc it feels like life and death sometimes.

[57...]
yep, its like a heightened up up anxiousness that never fades, its terrible. its based in the center of my chest, like some beast has its big claw wrapped around my heart. i try to explain it like if someone leaped out and scared you, ahhhhh!! and you have that few second rush of fright and adrenaline, its like thats stuck to "on" 24/7 - its a terrible way to live. we anxious people already, and we're enduring unending supercharged anxiousness. i cant stand it man. i absolutely cannot sleep a wink with it like this too.

have this all the time, last night for 8 hours, till I guess my exhausted body finally fell asleep around 3;30 AM or so,  horrible set of symptoms,  that cause me to be Agoraphobic, hours of heart palps, pains, irregular , rapid heart rate are not fun..

[57...]
its a burning inside, and immense pressure in my chest from where anxiousness radiates. its an awful feeling, its like you can never "come down" from it. My usual fix for it would have been exercise, but im still unable to really do much without just bringing on more symptoms. its freakin impossible to fall asleep with that feeling.

• 2 months later...
Hi people. I have this severe anxiety almost all of the time since a month and a week, after a too fast taper. It's bad, yes it is. I wonder if anyone in this thread improved and you're feeling better after holding? I had to updose. Yes yes bad idea but I was not functional at all and can't afford that. The updose was yesterday so still with this anxiety. At least last night I got 4 hours sleep which is great because I seldom sleep so much.