Lexapro effective within hours, but too activating to continue.

[Sh...]

I’ve had a bottle of 5mg Lexapro in my medicine cabinet for about a year. In early January, my depression got so bad that I finally decided to try it. Within three hours the depression had lifted, but on the third night I didn’t sleep at all and started to feel physically agitated. On the 4th morning  I cut the dose in half, but the physical agitation continued and I slept very little that night. After a few days I cut the dose into quarters, but symptoms did not improve so I stopped taking the Lexapro. The interesting thing is that my depression has not returned.  I know this is a weird reaction and am curious if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

I had something close to that with an antipsychotic. My paranoid thpughts got so bad my doc gave me saphris, it was nasty and broke me out in hives so I don't took one dose but my paranoid thoughts have been gone since then!

This also happened a few years back with another antipsychotic, the effects seemed to last for a few years oddly

• 4 weeks later...

I had something close to that with an antipsychotic. My paranoid thpughts got so bad my doc gave me saphris, it was nasty and broke me out in hives so I don't took one dose but my paranoid thoughts have been gone since then!

This also happened a few years back with another antipsychotic, the effects seemed to last for a few years oddly

Its possible. It takes just a second when Lexapro is in the system, to "change" the serotonin.