Last week of c/o to valium, ANY suggestions for sedation?

[jo...]

I am in the last week of a c/o to valium, total 15 mg.  Is 15 mg a lot of valium compared to other benzos, because the sedation is starting to become unbearable?  It has been a long 6 weeks and I would think my body has had time to adjust to the valium, but apparently not.

Any help or is this just a waiting game before I start tapering?

[c0...]

Valium can feel more sedating until your body acclimates to it, it is not unheard of. I would not start a taper until your are fully on V for 2-3 weeks and evenly dosing V throughout the day. Liquid titration is the better tapering method, IMO.

Your conversion based on your signature line seems about right (1.75 mg- 2 mg A). I would not say 15 mg's of V is a lot, it is the same as 1.5 mg's A.

.5 A = 5 mg's V/ 1 mg A = 10 mg's V/ 1.5 mg's A= 15 mg's V/ 2 mg's A = 20 mg's V.

Valium can feel more sedating until your body acclimates to it, it is not unheard of. I would not start a taper until your are fully on V for 2-3 weeks and evenly dosing V throughout the day. Liquid titration is the better tapering method, IMO.

Your conversion based on your signature line seems about right (1.75 mg- 2 mg A). I would not say 15 mg's of V is a lot, it is the same as 1.5 mg's A.

.5 A = 5 mg's V/ 1 mg A = 10 mg's V/ 1.5 mg's A= 15 mg's V/ 2 mg's A = 20 mg's V.

Thanks for the reply. I think I am on the correct equivalency of valium because after 5 weeks I am not having any i/d  w/d.  Were you also on valium, and if so, how long did it take your body to adjust to the sedation? Does 15 mg of valium seem like a heavy dose of benzo to take, or is it about average for this group who starts tapering?

Thanks again for all the replies.

I am in the last week of a c/o to valium, total 15 mg.  Is 15 mg a lot of valium compared to other benzos, because the sedation is starting to become unbearable?  It has been a long 6 weeks and I would think my body has had time to adjust to the valium, but apparently not.

Valium was exactly the same for me, quite a few people said my body would acclimate in time, it never did.  I am down to 11 mgs and still take a couple naps a day. 

There are a lot of us that really struggle tapering with Valium.  I hope your body does acclimate, best wishes, Mary 💜🙏☮️💜🙏☮️

[c0...]

Thanks for the reply. I think I am on the correct equivalency of valium because after 5 weeks I am not having any i/d  w/d.  Were you also on valium, and if so, how long did it take your body to adjust to the sedation? Does 15 mg of valium seem like a heavy dose of benzo to take, or is it about average for this group who starts tapering?

Thanks again for all the replies.

You're on the correct equivalent dose. I did a direct C/O from X to V, no issues and felt relief from I/W.

Valium was exactly the same for me, quite a few people said my body would acclimate in time, it never did.  I am down to 11 mgs and still take a couple naps a day. 

There are a lot of us that really struggle tapering with Valium.  I hope your body does acclimate, best wishes, Mary 💜🙏☮️💜🙏☮️

Thanks Mary,

It seems my heavy sedation is in the morning until early afternoon.  After that and in the evening I am fine, even though my valium intake is pretty well evenly distributed throughout the day (Weird).  After a nights sleep, one would think they would be more alert in the morning than in the evening.  I am just the opposite.  I have learned that benzos do not care who you are, they get their kicks out of effecting everyone differently.

Thanks Mary,

It seems my heavy sedation is in the morning until early afternoon.  After that and in the evening I am fine, even though my valium intake is pretty well evenly distributed throughout the day (Weird).  After a nights sleep, one would think they would be more alert in the morning than in the evening.  I am just the opposite.  I have learned that benzos do not care who you are, they get their kicks out of effecting everyone differently.

It's true, and it makes it awfully hard to guide someone else when we all have so many different reactions  ;)