3 Years Off Today

[iw...]

It has been 3 years since I stopped taking Clonazepam.  I had many symptoms in the beginning with the worst being tinnitus.  Most of the symptoms have disappeared except the tinnitus.  It causes depression for me because I fear it will never go away.  I also have a burning mouth, but I had that problem before benzos.  The tinnitus and burning mouth are constant and fluctuate in intensity.  Every day is torture for me.  As time goes on, I feel like I will probably have to live with this the rest of my life.  I can't imagine ever being able to write a Success Story.  :'(

Hi, so sorry to see  you suffering too.

I’m off benzo about the same time like you. May 2016.

Still in hell. Migraine anxiety, tinnitus, body pain, not functioning or able to work.

I’m losing hope too one day i wil able write my success story.

Vica

Sounds like both of your stories are pretty successful to me, 3 years without digesting a benzodiazepine. Be very proud of that. I’m sure you had a battle through hell.

As for your current symptoms learn to develop coping mechanisms. I have tinnitus too, well before taking these poison and I’ll have it well after I’m done too, I’ve learn to accept it and not make it worrying me as much now. White noises help.

Huge congrats on making it to 3 years. Sorry you are still having the tinnitus. I know how you feel. I am about 29 months and still struggling with my worst symptom-insomnia. It gets wearying, but the times I feel most discouraged I just remind myself to keep putting one foot in front of the other. That's how we got this far, and that's how we'll keep moving forward. Hope it helps to know you're not alone!

• 2 weeks later...

It is very discouraging to have symptoms so far out. I understand your feelings. In the world of benzodiazepine recovery three years is still a time of healing. Teegirl and Nick are right...you have made it three years without benzodiazepines, that is a huge success! Pat yourself on the back! Hold on for more healing. I am a bit ahead of you and see continued progress. It takes a long time but we do heal.

Warmly.,

Carita :smitten:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Congratulations on your success in getting off the horrible drugs. I feel you will eventually heal!  Have you considered supplements for your Tinnitus? or perhaps having a visit to the Audiologist for hearing tests?  Maybe try doing a "search in the Forum or Google to find out what others have done.  Keep up the good work-you are strong!

Congratulations on your success in getting off the horrible drugs. I feel you will eventually heal!  Have you considered supplements for your Tinnitus? or perhaps having a visit to the Audiologist for hearing tests?  Maybe try doing a "search in the Forum or Google to find out what others have done.  Keep up the good work-you are strong!

My tinnitus was caused by benzo withdrawal.  I tried a supplement, which did nothing. I don't have a hearing problem, so there is no need to go to an Audiologist.  From what I have read and been told, time is the only healer, and hopefully it will fade away one day.