Stabilisation required before liquid taper ?

[Ho...]

Hi BB,

I have posted before about my taper using 1mg tablet of Clonazepam.combined with 100ml of milk.

This is the steps I am following:

Get my two 0.5 tablets for a total of = 1mg

DIssolve tablets into 100ml of milk inside sealed jar

Put in fridge for roughly 24 hours

Shake well for about a minute

Pour into empty container and drink, also pour water from sealed milk jar and drink remnants of K are not left behind [/li

When i first tried it for a couple days, i felt a bit woozy as either i didn't do the steps correctly Or my body is not used to it. Is there an adjustment period transitioning to liquid titration for milk and did I prepare my solution correctly?

Thanks Hoops.

[0c...]

Hi BB,

I have posted before about my taper using 1mg tablet of Clonazepam.combined with 100ml of milk.

This is the steps I am following:

Get my two 0.5 tablets for a total of = 1mg

DIssolve tablets into 100ml of milk inside sealed jar

Put in fridge for roughly 24 hours

Shake well for about a minute

Pour into empty container and drink, also pour water from sealed milk jar and drink remnants of K are not left behind [/li

When i first tried it for a couple days, i felt a bit woozy as either i didn't do the steps correctly Or my body is not used to it. Is there an adjustment period transitioning to liquid titration for milk and did I prepare my solution correctly?

Thanks Hoops.

For some, a change in delivery method (pill to liquid), can make them feel a bit off. That is why it is not advised to switch to liquid and start tapering at the same time, give the change in delivery method a good 2 weeks.

As far as your prep, I would gently shake your K-milk 1-2 times for about 5 - 10 seconds during the 24 hours your have it in the fridge and when ready to dose, give it a gentle swirl. Definitely do rinse the prep jar & lid, and your dosing jars and lids with water and drink.

You do need homogeneous full fat milk, not 2%, etc... You did not mention what type of milk, so I thought it a good idea to add that.

When you are ready, start with a slow reduction amount, be accurate and consistent in your measuring.

Hi there,

I use soy milk because i used to have asthma as a child and it helped me overcome it. So body isn't used to the taste of regular milk unless it is mixed with something (i.e milkshake, hotchoc).

I tried to use liquid clonazepam (rx), as well compounded tablets, but the dose to 0.9 was too much for me.

As far as your prep, I would gently shake your K-milk 1-2 times for about 5 - 10 seconds during the 24 hours your have it in the fridge and when ready to dose, give it a gentle swirl.

What happens when you are not at home ? How would you manage that away from a fridge.

When you are ready, start with a slow reduction amount, be accurate and consistent in your measuring.

My previous taper schedule was 10%. But i would like to try 5% so i will need a new one on the John Hawkes program thing.

Also, I am trying to come off this horrid SRI called Clomipromine (Anafranil) which is a tricyclic anti-depressant that is pretty damn sedating.

I would really like somet advice re which one to come off first... its really interfering with my life. And quite painful, i dont think anyone can understand.  :-[

[0c...]

I can't say that soy milk will work, it does not have enough fat for the K to bind to.

Full fat homogeneous milk is what I know has worked for tapering V or K, which has 8% fat. The purpose of homogenization is to break down fat molecules in milk so that they resist separation. Without homogenization, fat molecules in milk will rise to the top and form a layer of cream. You want to avoid pasteurized milk.

You can keep a dose in a small container/lunch box type thing with a couple of previously frozen ice packs, frozen pack of peas or ice cubes.

I know nothing of the spreadsheet you mentioned, sorry.

Regarding the A/D, Surviving Antidepressants is the website I would register at as that is their forte. From what I understand, it is best to taper the more activating medication.

Upon searching online, it seems Anafranil is water soluble. I would check with the above SA forum and ask them if a water titration off of that is a good way to taper off.

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2012/019906s037lbl.pdf

Clomipramine hydrochloride USP is a white to off-white crystalline powder. It is freely

soluble in water, in methanol, and in methylene chloride, and insoluble in ethyl ether

and in hexane.

For some, a change in delivery method (pill to liquid), can make them feel a bit off. That is why it is not advised to switch to liquid and start tapering at the same time, give the change in delivery method a good 2 weeks.

Hi benzo-off, sorry for walking into the discussion. I am actually also preparing to start DLMT, and I'm being helped by someone else in the forum, but until I get full answers (I know you are all super busy) I was wondering if you can shed some light on what may happen when doing a full switch (without combining first). What happens, does it happen to most/some/few, and how to handle?

Thanks!

[0c...]

Hi, I have no data to answer how many feel a difference.  From what I've read, some may feel as they've made a cut without reducing their dose or they say they feel off or that it didn't agree with them, i.e., GI upset, etc..

Is that from uneven dosing?

Is that because of how their body metabolizes the benzo?

Is that because they're also on other medications?

Is that because they're already fearful?

Is that because they're starting from an unstable place from a too rapid C&H?

I learned from the same person as builder. Everyone was using V or K w/ full fat homogeneous milk unless they had pharma liquid V. No one reported issues when using the above type of liquid titration.

I was instructed to use the V- milk for 2-3 weeks before starting any reductions and I had no issue with the switch over. I did go all liquid, not pills and liquid, that was my preference. I did take equally divided doses, I still do, I'm not off yet.

Follow proper preparation of your liquid, be consistent and accurate with measuring when making your liquid. Practice using oral syringes with water and food color, so you get the hang of it. Keep a log sheet (date, reduction, dose and note any symptoms). Start with a conservative cut rate and listen to your body.

HTH.

I learned from the same person as builder. Everyone was using V or K w/ full fat homogeneous milk unless they had pharma liquid V. No one reported issues when using the above type of liquid titration.

Thanks for your answer. I see that a lot of people also use vodka, and that's what I'm considering at this point (seems the easiest and I'm not the biggest fan of milk).  From what you've heard, do you find that to be as effective, or easier/harder to switch to?

[0c...]

As long as the correct ml to mg of ethanol to benzo is used with the correct proof and type ethanol, it should be of no difference.

Have you thought to ask someone using this method? You've read about it, best to go to the sources for their personal experience with it.

I'm of the mindset that K or V are best liquid titrated with full fat homogeneous milk. I'm old school and stick to what I know.

I was instructed to use the V- milk for 2-3 weeks before starting any reductions and I had no issue with the switch over. I did go all liquid, not pills and liquid, that was my preference. I did take equally divided doses, I still do, I'm not off yet.

Hi Benzo-Off,

Maybe one problem is to eliminate anything other than full fat filk. I was definitely feeling queezy when I made no reductions combining K with regular soy milk.

Can i ask, did you do a quarter, half, then full tablet so your body was used to the milk V. Or did u go straight switch for a few weeks with no reductions until you were ready to make reductions>?

Thanks,

Hoops88.

Soy milk will work.

The benzo does NOT "bind" to that fat, the benzo is dissolved, the same way it would be in a solvent like alcohol or propylene glycol.

[0c...]

Hi Benzo-Off,

Maybe one problem is to eliminate anything other than full fat filk. I was definitely feeling queezy when I made no reductions combining K with regular soy milk.

Can i ask, did you do a quarter, half, then full tablet so your body was used to the milk V. Or did u go straight switch for a few weeks with no reductions until you were ready to make reductions>?

Thanks,

Hoops88.

I went all liquid for a full 3 weeks and dosed in equally divided doses using full fat homogeneous milk. I did not reduce until after that time-frame and started very conservatively with reductions.

Contrary to what others say, I do not agree that other types of milk work, and I do believe that the benzo binds to that fat globules after it dissolves in the proper milk creating an even and reliable emulsion.

Hi Builder,

I need help calculating my new progamme. I am going 100ml:1mg for a few weeks to settle, and after that reduce by a rate of 5%.

Previously, you helped me formulate a plan for about 10% but i am worried that is too much in 140 days. I have visited the Jim Hawke program below:

and having difficulty plugging in the numbers for a 5% reduction.

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/titration/titrationForm.php

Please could you help me work a slower plan.

Thanks!

Hoops

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys,

I had a few unsuccessful goes at a taper using DLMT.

Say i wish to have another go starting at 1mg =100ml K.  Would it be advised that i first start on 25ml of K for a couple of weeks, then 50ml for a few weeks before working my way up to 100ml? This is before making any reductions.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Hoops88