yummy homemade remineralizing and whitening toothpaste for cheap!

[no...]

hey i just made my 2nd batch of [glow=red,2,300]remineralizing and whitening toothpaste[/glow] that contains the same ingredients as the expensive remineralizing pastes but i got all my ingredients on amazon and local walmart and winco!

from 20 years of dry mouth causing psych meds, i have many cavities, several tooth extractions, and had been going for 6month dental cleanings and at least 2 fillings per year plus full dental xrays and all of that was reallly getting expensive and so i decided to reduce some harm, save some money, and remineralize te enamel i have left on my teeth!

all those dental cleanings using prophy paste with basically sand/silica  in it to "polish" sand down the enamel on my teeth 2x a year, plus the radiation to my head every time i went in, plus the flouride neurotoxins and other things reccomended by my dentist, brought me to this decision. 

the first batch i messed up because i didn't know about [glow=red,2,300]metal or plastic deactivating the bentonite clay properties[/glow] (derp!) so i had to use a different bowl for mixing this time (i just used a ceramic cereal bowl) and a wooden paint stirrer stick and my fingers to mix it this time. 

also my first batch used activated charcoal, which is black, but whitens teeth funny enough, lol, but i couldn't get down with it. so messy in my sink. and even worse with my sloppy use of my new water pik water flosser (which i love and highly reccomend!)

so this 2nd batch is charcoal free, and i added the calcium carbonate and xylitol which really remineralizes the enamel, slowly filling in the pits and cracks from cavities and those sharp metal tools the dental hygeinist used to scrape my teeth with. the xylitol is sweet but it works to prevent cavities and isn't a neurotxin like flouride. 

the ingredients:

3 parts calcium carbonate from limestone (not from shellfish)

2 parts bentonite clay

1-2 parts birch sourced (not gmo corn) xylitol

1 part sea or granulated pink himalayan salt

1 part sodium bicarbonate (baking soda not powder)

about 20 drops of peppermint or spearmint essential oil

finger scoops of coconut oil until the powder makes a paste that you like

mix it all up with the wooden stick, wooden  spoon or your fingers until pastey and go slow adding the coconut oil at the end cause as it heats up it melts!

store in a glass jar, [glow=red,2,300]don't let it touch the plastic or metal lid[/glow].

keeps unrefrigerated for a month or 2 on the sink or wherever you like to brush.

[glow=red,2,300]* use a bamboo or non plastic, non vinyl toothbrush (with natural bristles) too so ya don't negate the properties of the bentonite clay.[/glow] 

my teeth were whiter the very first time i used it!  ;D better than those whitening pastes. safer too. tastes minty nice and no sls foaming crud in it either! no parabens, no animal products. cruelty-free! 

Sounds great nomore!  And thanks for posting this.  I've been having problems with teeth - which I began to suspect was from the killer dry mouth.  Am going to try to track down the ingredients - some are easy.  Have any tips for the more difficult ones?

Sounds great nomore!  And thanks for posting this.  I've been having problems with teeth - which I began to suspect was from the killer dry mouth.  Am going to try to track down the ingredients - some are easy.  Have any tips for the more difficult ones?

yes me too...had zero cavities until prescribed psych meds that caused dry mouth, then went for a cleaning and i had 9cavities! dentist said it's cause of the meds i was/am on.

here's where i got the ingredients:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00959XKGI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 lb Food Grade 97+% Calcium Carbonate from Ground Limestone by Duda Energy

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007HOWZJQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Zveet Birch Xylitol Sweetener (Made in USA) (1 LB) by Zveet

https://www.amazon.com/Wild-Himalayan-Pink-Salt-Unrefined/dp/B01CSBRIN0/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=granulated%2Bpink%2Bhimalayan%2Bsalt&qid=1551930342&s=grocery&sr=1-8&th=1

Wild Himalayan Pink Salt - 100% Natural And Healthy Gourmet Unrefined Pink Salt From Deep Under The Himalayan Mountains (8 oz Fine - Cooking Size) by Wild Foods

(but get this cheaper at walmart or local bulk herbs and produce place...way cheaper!)  :thumbsup:

https://www.amazon.com/Fabulous-Frannie-Peppermint-Undiluted-Therapeutic/dp/B00BKQIJUG/ref=sr_1_11?crid=2HRPI2SPRGRHY&keywords=peppermint+essential+oil&qid=1551930524&s=gateway&sprefix=peppermint++essential+oil%2Cgrocery%2C347&sr=8-11

Fabulous Frannie Peppermint 100% Pure, Undiluted Essential Oil Therapeutic Grade - 10 ml. Great for Aromatherapy! by Fabulous Frannie

(but get this cheaper at walmart ...way cheaper!)  :thumbsup:

get your big tub of coconut oil in a jar at any store...walmart is suoper cheap it lasts forever and i use it for cooking and skin n hair everything!

Nine cavities!!!  Yikes!!!

A million gazillion THANKS for posting about the ingredients.  Discovered they're all fairly easy to find except for the birch based xylitol - could only find corn.  Took a little digging but also found bamboo bristle toothbrushes.  Going to check all your links to compare prices etc cuz I'm sure you researched things well.

Oil pulling has been helping tremendously with the dry mouth....if I'm consistent and do it a couple/few times a day, even for five minutes. If you've never heard of it you can read up on earthclinic.com.

I bought a bunch of books that my dentist sells.  They're into alternative dentistry.  The best bottom line advice of the books - besides a good remineralizing diet - is vit K butter, which is a whole food, and fermented cod liver oil.  Both products are sold by Green Pasture.  All this is based on the work of Weston Price.  So hopefully I've been able to give back something in exchange for your awesome recipe!

At this point I feel like I spend all day putting out fires with body parts.  Aarrggh!!  Might have to invest in a case of superglue to paste everything back on by the end of it all....

A million gazillion THANKS for posting about the ingredients.  Discovered they're all fairly easy to find except for the birch based xylitol - could only find corn.  Took a little digging but also found bamboo bristle toothbrushes...

I bought a bunch of books that my dentist sells.  They're into alternative dentistry.  ... based on the work of Weston Price.  So hopefully I've been able to give back something in exchange for your awesome recipe!

At this point I feel like I spend all day putting out fires with body parts.  Aarrggh!!  Might have to invest in a case of superglue to paste everything back on by the end of it all....

ain't that the honest truth? we're working so hard to take back our natural born power and take care of ourselves while simultaneously having to constantly pick up pieces of our damaged bodies...but at least we are in control now of what damage or healing is done from here on out!

i love the soft bamboo bristles, love the bamboo clothing too! soooo soft, who'da guessed bamboo could be so strong and tough yet turned into the softest cloth?? i will look up a toothbrush with bamboo bristles like you said!

we're supposed to use the softest bristles we can find and use a very gentle circular "try not to knock the skin off a peach" pressure on our teeth and gums because of the enamel getting worn down and scratched so easily. and yet they use pumice to sand down the surface of our enamel at every 6month "cleaning" hah! i thik it's to make cavities easier to take hold so the dentist office can rake in all those appointments for fillings,crowns, root canals....etc

i am SO GLAD you found a dentist who is into naturopathic dentisty! how rare! i wish i could find one. last time i went with my Hubbs to get his stitches out, the office nurse told me going into the sun or watching your computer screen has more radiation than the full head dental xrays they do! i bit my tongue so hard! the dentists is good with the needle, very gentle, and not expensive, BUT i lost all respect right then and there plus the hygenist was pushing the flouride bs and i just said "well i am not here to argue with a woman with sharp metal tools in my mouth" and that was my last official cleaning lol. then i discovered the ingredients online and the exact recipe for remineralizing toothpaste and that it's so easy to make and cheap and it actually works! won't grow back missing teeth, but it'll fill in the scratches and holes and even medium to big cavities. i'm sold!

the water pik water flosser is nice cause you can fill it with distilled water (flouride free!) and it removes 98-99% bacteria from even under the gumline with a special tip for that, i like the plaque buster tip best though,  and it feels like a deep cleaning without the sharp tools and pumice polishing/sanding. you can see the gunk in the sink as it blasts out of your mouth! i found out brushing pushes the bacteria under the gum. ever notice how the dentist uses the same water pick tip thingee to constantly rinse your teeth? for the same reason, blasts out what flossing and brushing cannot. but most won't tell ya that! i swear it's such a racket. hang onto that naturopath dentist you got!

can't wait til the next appointment to go in with my whitened smoother and less cavities teeth and hear what they have to say to me then. i'll just smile and think "eat crow."

Too funny about not wanting to argue with someone holding sharp metal instruments!!!

Yeah I'm thrilled they are anti-fluoride.  Flouride really messes with your thyroid.  And they use the sonic type cleaning system instead of pumice.  Obviously anti mercury too.

So this Dr. Price (and others) have proved that enamel CAN remineralize.  Sometimes I think most dentists are still in the dark ages.  And I love how they tried to tell us for so long that mercury is toxic everywhere except in the human mouth.  Go figure.  There's an internet link about it....I think it's called 'smoking teeth'.  Check it out!  It's creepy...what they show about mercury fillings.

So they take a disembodied tooth with a mercury filling and hold it up in front of a special screen then rub the mercury filling with an eraser on the end of a pencil.  The tooth totally looks like it's 'smoking' from the mercury vapor it's giving off from being rubbed.  So every time you chew food, gum, drink hot fluids....yeck!

I think dentists (most) finally decided to come out of the closet about mercury because they were having health issues themselves from breathing in the toxic vapors - and other exposures.  It's amazing the amount of neurological issues mercury can cause.  The last thing we need.

Well, you've inspired me to get serious about the water pic.  I'm usually too tired at night cuz of withdrawal to deal.  But now I have more attitude!!  Gonna kick butt and take names!!

One more thing I'm going to pass on you may find helpful - They have dental probiotics you let dissolve in your mouth before bed.  Again, pricey, but noticed morning teeth aren't grungy anymore, so they must be doing something good.

Things are looking up since I jumped about six weeks ago.  Feeling optimistic.  Hope you're feeling the same as you move down the benzo road here.

Too funny about not wanting to argue with someone holding sharp metal instruments!!!

Yeah I'm thrilled they are anti-fluoride.  Flouride really messes with your thyroid.  And they use the sonic type cleaning system instead of pumice.  Obviously anti mercury too.

So this Dr. Price (and others) have proved that enamel CAN remineralize.  Sometimes I think most dentists are still in the dark ages.  And I love how they tried to tell us for so long that mercury is toxic everywhere except in the human mouth.  Go figure.  There's an internet link about it....I think it's called 'smoking teeth'.  Check it out!  It's creepy...what they show about mercury fillings...

It's amazing the amount of neurological issues mercury can cause.  The last thing we need.

Well, you've inspired me to get serious about the water pic.  I'm usually too tired at night cuz of withdrawal to deal.  But now I have more attitude!!  Gonna kick butt and take names!!

One more thing I'm going to pass on you may find helpful - They have dental probiotics you let dissolve in your mouth before bed.  Again, pricey, but noticed morning teeth aren't grungy anymore, so they must be doing something good.

Things are looking up since I jumped about six weeks ago.  Feeling optimistic.  Hope you're feeling the same as you move down the benzo road here.

heck yeah you GO!!! proud of ya for taking the initiative and we are regaining our inborn power, slowly, but SURELY

i have that video of the eraser on the mercury filled tooth in my playlists! yes imagine the damage..ugh, flouride is as bad, it calcifies our pineal gland, which among lots of other things allows us to dream produces melatonin to allow us to sleep and have less anxiety and drinking distilled water will decalcify it.  all public water in usa is currently flouridated. they have multi million gallon tanks full of the neurotoxin full they pump into the water supply 24/7. it also numbs our emotions, creates a docile public, like prozac etc does. also creates weak bones and teeth show it as flouridosis those white spots on darkened teeth enamel. dentists know about it too but it makes them money. always follow the money!

i would love to give my money to real dr and dental professionals but haven't the luxury in my area. maybe one day i'll find some real naturopaths. i knew one many years ago, Dr.Kent Weldon, he was so awesome. very compassionate man. took in the homeless off the street and treated them for free. he dx'd my hypoglycemia back then and taught me how to eat correctly.  no other dr ever did that. his wife owned the health food/herb shop next door. awesome people.

the water pik i got is messy but i'm missing a front tooth so it splashes haha but if you lean over the sink with the mouth partially open and lips just naturally relaxed mostly closed, very natural position, it's not bad. few splashes. get a water flosser that directs the stream fairly forcefully right between the teeth, that's where the germies are. it'll go under the gumline but you don't feel it. the instructions explain it etter. and there's better and cheaper brands than water pik, i didn't know and went with that cause i knew the brand name. just get a water flosser, read the amazon reviews to make sure it doesn't have any major issues. don't get a portable 20 dollar one, it runs outta water too fast! plus not as forceful stream...ya gotta be cautious under the tongue, i accidentally had it turned up full blast on ten and hit that lil nervy part under my tongue ouch! it's awesome though.

Believe it or not - I am fortunate to live in a town that does not add fluoride to the public water!!!  How lucky is that.

I remember reading in one of those books 'It's All in Your Head' that the German death camps were actually experimenting with fluoride on those poor people and discoveedr that fluoride does make people more docile and more easily controlled.  It does something to the human will - among all the other nasty things.  Scary.

btw - iodine - important for the thyroid - will displace all the halogens like chlorine, fluoride - and the bromide in most breads.  Back in the day, a form of iodine was used in baking bread which was then replaced with bromide, which is very toxic to the thyroid also.  But, of course, you have to be very careful supplementing with iodine.  I use JP Crow and I also put it in the water pic with sea salt.  I figure it will keep the pic sanitary in between uses too.  In between brushing, I'll rinse with water and some sea salt with a drop of iodine.

Well, ingredients are on order and can't wait to take them for a spin!!  Many thanks again, nomore.

yes the nazi camps! i mean not yay, but yes, that's true, lol that came out so wrong  :-[

anyways yeah the dentists won't tell ya bout that lil fact hehe, as a matter of fact most of modern psychiatry and pharmacology owes its origins to the nazi criminal "dr/experimenters and the victims.  the Vatican and the USA gave them immunity and a place to come live and hide after the war and during and after the trials.

my HUbbs got us iodine crystals for our "camping" bags and i learned about it then. you are lucky bout your city not flouridating the water...as far as i knew Dallas is the only city in the USA to consider discontinuing flouridation of the public water supply because of public outcry since people are starting to learn the truth about flouride. but honestly, after it has served them so well since the 50's, i don't trust them to stop it now even if they say they are. proof in the pudding. look around us at all the zombified people...

i'm glad we "met" on here! not too many folks i can talk to about this stuff, nobody seems to want to know, so they change the subject or just blatantly talk over me. which is rude but also sad.

eh, whatcha gonna do?

HUGS

ps so glad your supplies are on the way!! :)

I think that would be awesome if a city as big as Dallas led the way in nixing water fluoridation.  Would really send a message.  You really can't filter it out.  There may be some in your house water systems that do, but probably cost a small ransom. 

I guess the most important thing about that, and many other things like it, is it's similar to the benzos.  We have to educate ourselves and be cautious about what bill of goods is being sold to us.

Stay well, nomore.  I'll drop you a post when the stuff arrives and my kitchen looks like a science lab experiment 'cooking' it all up!