Any supplements suggestions for anxiety?

[Vi...]

I have severe anxiety sine I stoped benzo almost 3 years. I’m so tired and losing hope I ever will get better. I can’t even sleep or work. Completely disabled. My head is burning squeezing non stop and my hole body is buzzing from anxiety.

I don’t take any supplements or drug more the a year and don’t understand why I’m not healing?

I’m looking to find some supplements what you guys think it will work for anxiety.

Thank you for any suggestions

Vica

[b1...]

Vica,

Yes, Lysine, which is an amino acid, may help anxiety as it lowers viral load. I have taken Pharma Gaba by Natural Factors when anxiety is severe, too. They use this a lot in Japan for anxiety, but ours is not normal anxiety. Cutting back on gluten and dairy might help as they are high in glutamate. I'm sorry you're still incapacitated. It's a terribly wicked journey thru hell.

Dez

I've been taking Culturelle, a probiotic, that seems to be helping with my anxiety. I haven't taken it that long, though, only about a week. Previous to that I was drinking Kefir every day. I've had terrible anxiety, just terrible. I'm hoping that cleaning up my gut flora will help with the anxiety.

[de...]
Silexan works well for some.  Didn't seem to work for me, but studies have been done showing it is as effective as paxil.

I have severe anxiety sine I stoped benzo almost 3 years. I’m so tired and losing hope I ever will get better. I can’t even sleep or work. Completely disabled. My head is burning squeezing non stop and my hole body is buzzing from anxiety.

I don’t take any supplements or drug more the a year and don’t understand why I’m not healing?

I’m looking to find some supplements what you guys think it will work for anxiety.

Thank you for any suggestions

Vica

yes!! i began taking magnesium, but SPECIFICALLY [glow=red,2,300]100% chelated high absorption magnesium lysinate glycinate chelate[/glow] 100mg 3x a day before i started tapering off of my meds, when i learned it helps  (some people reported it helps at least as much as anti-anxiety meds and some said better than) with anxiety. boy does it! you can also use magnesium in other forms, it absorbs readily through the skin, and epsom salts contain magnesium in a different form that in warm or hot water soaks in a bath will release cramps and sorenes and tension, also magnesium based deodorant absrobs through thin skin into bloodstream under the arms. there are sprays, and roll ons for applying to skin that do the same.

but i get this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BD0RT0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

Doctor's Best High Absorption Magnesium Glycinate Lysinate, 100% Chelated, Non-GMO, Vegan, Gluten Free, Soy Free, 100 mg, 240 Tablets (packaging may vary) by Doctor's Best

Price: $14.24 $14.99 $0.75 (5%)  | FREE One-Day

Extra 40% Off Coupon

on first order. Details

In Stock. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

This item is returnable

4 Sizes: 240 Count

2 Pack of 240 Count

$36.72

240 Count

$14.99

720 Count

$56.99

2390 Count

$439.99

i got the 2 pack last time cause it works so great and i use it daily 3x a day...it says you can take it 2 tablets 2x a day, but i find 3x daily is enough for me...if i need more i'll take more  :thumbsup:

says on front "helps spport bone,heart,nerve and muscle health"

so one bottle of 240 tablets is 80 day supply for me taking it 3x a day! if ya buy the 2 pack it comes to $18.36 per bottle or per 80 day supply...so about 2 months and 3 weeks worth for $18.36 well that's about $6.67 a month!! pretty doggone cheap for good medicine that really works  :)

let us know if you try it how it helps or doesn't help you feel better!

Hey Guys,

Lycine and Glycine sent me to the ER with BP going over 200 and would not come down.  And Heart Cath showed my arteries are CLEAR!  I reacted violently to that stuff.  Benzos caused the sensitivity.

I would recommend something better with no side effects that might help you.  It raises your ATP which builds up your mitrochrondria which are your cells all over your body and heals your brain.  It is a Powder called DRIBOSE.  It also strengthens your heart. It is a powder and you take it with Water. 

WILD ALASKAN SALMON OIL capsules....Take this in the morning with your Dribose ...it comes from northern Alaska and the Salmon Oil is pure full of Omega 3 which heals your brain.

PROBIOTICS.....get the kind that survives through Stomach Acid.

Phosphatidylserine:  Get the Sun Flower Lecithin kind not the SOY...SOY is way bad.  I buy the Olympic Labs Brand.  If it says NON-SOY then it is Sun Lecithin...this heals your nerves, your brain and coats the mylan sheath around your nerve cells.  It also blocks Cortisol that makes you anxious and hyper.  Only take 100mg in the Morning ...no more than that or it could keep you from sleeping. 

When I wake up with too much Cortisol......and nervous and shaking...I'll take the Phosphatidylserine and withing a half hour I feel better all day.  It will heal your brain and CNS.  You won't be able to tell the difference for 6-8 weeks though and you should cut the capsule and take out half the liquid for a few weeks before taking the full 100mg capsule just to get you started.

Plus you do need supplements like B Complex, and get your Vitamin C from Dark Organic Blueberries which heal the brain.  Also most any dark berries that you can consume will heal your brain.  Dark Cherries do also.  I mean like BLACK Cherries.  The darker the better. 

Ubiquinol 100 mg also raises your ATP which will heal your brain and Mitrochrondria cells which you need.......we all need that. 

Resveratrol......get the kind that is non-gmo if you can afford it.  It will heal your brain and your body.

Astragalus Herb taken two times a day.  Take 3 capsules will increase your Immune System which you need right now.  Take it every day in the morning.

Get more Sunshine or take Vitamin D3 with Vitamin K2 which will take the D3 to your bones and teeth to strengthen them and heal your nervous system. Take in the morning.

Magnesium Citrate at night.  At least 500 mg.  If you get the runs, make minute rice .......boil the water, take off burner then put the rice in, put a lid on and let it cook that way........no starch when you do it that way. 

Zinc and take Vitamin K2 with the Magnesium too so it can absorb into your bones and teeth only.

That is all I can think of for now.  Eat Range Free Chicken Eggs.  Worth the cost to protect your body and heal it.  The Choline in the Egg Yolks help heal the brain, it raises Acetylcholine which we need for the brain to get it healed.  Egg yolks do that.

Organic Grass Fed Beef and Range free Chicken and Turkey meat.  It is worth the cost.

Also buy Virgin Coconut Oil ..get the pure and use that to cook any of your foods as well as Grass Fed Butter.  Don't use the other oils to cook.  The Coconut Oil heals the Mylan Sheath that surround your nerve cells and will heal them. 

Extra Virgin Olive Oil.....get it in DARK Glass BOTTLES.....not those plastic bottles and use it only for salads, never heat it up.  Not good.

Make sure your water is clean and filtered and drink a lot of it but not with your food. 

We are on the Ketogenic Diet with Intermittent Fasting.  I eat more bcuz I am already stick thin........but I am on it because it heals the Fight or Flight syndrome in the brain and nervous system in time and eating all these good fats make a huge difference and the Fasting is just you stop eating around 5 pm and eat breakfast at 9 am.  That's all.....gives your body time to HEAL bcuz it is not digesting food.

You can look up and google or youtube info on Ketogenic Diet and intermittent Fasting.  Dr. Berg explains it real well too.

I hope this helps.  Wishing you the very best.  I KNOW this will help!  I am still tapering but it is really helping me.

Lycine and Glycine sent me to the ER with BP going over 200 and would not come down.  And Heart Cath showed my arteries are CLEAR!  I reacted violently to that stuff.  Benzos caused the sensitivity.

WILD ALASKAN SALMON OIL capsules....it comes from northern Alaska and the Salmon Oil is pure full of Omega 3 which heals your brain.

Magnesium Citrate at night.  At least 500 mg.  If you get the runs, make minute rice .......boil the water, take off burner then put the rice in, put a lid on and let it cook that way........no starch when you do it that way.

We are on the Ketogenic Diet with Intermittent Fasting.  I eat more bcuz I am already stick thin........but I am on it because it heals the Fight or Flight syndrome in the brain and nervous system in time and eating all these good fats make a huge difference and the Fasting is just you stop eating around 5 pm and eat breakfast at 9 am.  That's all.....gives your body time to HEAL bcuz it is not digesting food.

You can look up and google or youtube info on Ketogenic Diet and intermittent Fasting.  Dr. Berg explains it real well too.

that is a very rare reaction to 100% chelated magnesium lysinate glycinate. it is very beneficial to nerves and heart so i wonder if you had a special condition contributing to your unusual reaction? possibly your ketogenic diet and intermittent fasting? i wonder if your potassium was too low, because the heart is extremely sensitive to too much or too little of potassium...an issue i also had while on strict keto diet.

magnesium citrate is a laxative. that's the liquid they sell in the aisles near the pharmacy. cheap, but, laxative. and drinking a laxative to get your magnesium defets the purpose because drinking laxative on regular basis will cause dehydration/loss of electrolytes and low potassium. not really a great way to get the magnesium, hence the suggestion for 100% chelated. and less than 7 bucks for a month's supply is really affordable.

fish oils are very helpful, agreed! however, today, 75% off all fish oils tested are rancid. it's because the ones on the shelves are on average 2-3 years old already. there's a date from capture to encapsulation in the batch lot number printed on the bottles. call to see how old your bottle is. i switched to flax seed oil 1200 mg 3x daily to get the same neuroprotective and bad cholesterol lowering effects as fish oil ( the same omega 3 and 6 and 9's) but in a non rancid oil. no oxidation. no fishy burps. no mercury. also, the kind i get is cheaper than the nonrancid tested/"good" brands of fish oil capsules. mine is 20 bucks for a 2 month supply, so 10 bucks per month. i personally cannot afford to spend 40-50 bucks for a one month supply of the non-rancid/"good"brands of fish oils.

i did keto too for about 7 months in 2017-2018. i even had Dr.Berg's potassium electrolyte powder to add to my water, lol though it had to be returned for refund because it wouldn't dissolve..i should've paid attention to the reviews which warned of that. hindsight is 20/20. his wife's fat bombs were so delicious! anyways he is a chiropractor. he is not trained in what he claims to be an expert in. he's making a whole lotta money off of people buying into the quick weight loss, eat all the meat and saturated fats you want trend that so popular right now. i bought into it also! heck i lost 35 lbs in just a few months! then i found out what ketosis truly is and why it is not sustainable longterm.

ketogenic diet is great for children with epilepsy which is unresponsive to medication. it is also good for certain cancer cases, because when the body is in ketosis, it is in fat burning mode, meaning frankly it is burning it's fats instead of carbs. starvation. it is a normal and beneficial state to induce autophagy to make the body eat its own diseased and old cells, hence its use for certain cases of cancer. but for long term sustainability it is not good because the body will continue to eat its own fat stores as long as it is in ketosis, and on keto diet you are in ketosis if you're doing it correctly. after the fat stores of the body are gone it just starves. not good for mental processes. the brain needs (as do the rest of the body and organs especially glands like thyroid sex organs kidneys etc) a certain amount of carbs to work at optimal capacity.

starve the brain and it will ...starve.

at first keto is awesome for losing rapidly extra water weight (hence why his electrolyte powder was invented) you lose electrolytes very fast! but then you gain it all back.

the only sustainable weight loss diet is (we've heard it all before) to eat unprocessed unrefined natural foods, no bleached flour, no gmo corn or gmo sugar cane sugar, no high fructose gmo corn syrup, stay away from pollutants, gmo's and pesticides like roundup/glycophosphates on produce, antibiotic laden dairy poultry eggs and meats, either buy from local farmer who doesn't use antibiotics (or go vegan). eat orgainic produce without pesticides/poisons/neurotoxins. drink pure distilled flouride free water, stay away from neurotoxins like flouride in packaged juices and foods and toothpaste, stay away from aspartame in diet drinks another nerotoxin and excitotoxin, MSG same thing excitotoxin,  basically cook from home and try not to eat out where they cook everything in aluminum pots and microwave/radiate your food before bringing it out to the table. exercise and get fresh unpolluted air.

boring yes, but sustainable.

when i cut out dairy and antibiotic laden meat from commercially processed plants, and switched to whole foods plant based diet, and cut out the sugar and neuro/excitotoxins, i lost the weight i had regained on keto, and it stayed off. i have continued to lose extra weight at a much slower rate, about 2 lbs per month, without trying. i went from 198 lbs to 155 current. my prediabetes from during/following keto is now a perfect 5 a1c/blood sugar score. the high blood cholesterols i developed, especially the extremely high triglycerides, at the end of keto, has now returned to almost normal levels, and some of the cholesterol scores are better than avg/normal. my eye color went from pale grey to blue. halitosis gone. skin cleared up completey.

someone famously said "you can spend money on good clean food, or you can spend it on medicine, dr bills and hospitals."

ps

i liked what you said about a lot of the supplements:thumbsup:

but because everyone is gonna react to them differently, i only reccomend the chelated magnesium lysinate glycinate and flax seed oil. they have the least amount of adverse reactions in the general population.

First of all had my potassium levels checked and all my blood work is very good.

Number 2, the Wild Alaskan comes from a Company in Alaska and I have been taking it for 10 years or more and it is helping me a lot and my husband.  It is not sold in stores.  You can get it on Amazon but I get it from the company in Alaska. 

I've been on Keto and Intermittent diet since July 2018 and it has helped me immensely to heal.  Again, had blood tests done and they are all good, very good.

As far as Magnesium goes, I've tried many different types and this is the easiest to digest and it does not have laxative effects on me.  But if it does, ppl tapering from Benzos need it since Benzos cause Constipation.  And if you get the runs you can eat rice. 

We are on an organic Whole foods diet and we don't eat FAT BOMBS.  You ASSUME TOO MUCH bcuz someone you knew abused the diet.  That is offensive as hell!

I also cycle off and on Keto........so anyone who has done their homework on Keto KNOWS how it works ...unlike you who spews your so called Expertise on what you THINK you know.

I could not read another line because of your arrogance.

First of all had my potassium levels checked and all my blood work is very good.

Number 2, the Wild Alaskan comes from a Company in Alaska and I have been taking it for 10 years or more and it is helping me a lot and my husband.  It is not sold in stores.  You can get it on Amazon but I get it from the company in Alaska. 

I've been on Keto and Intermittent diet since July 2018 and it has helped me immensely to heal.  Again, had blood tests done and they are all good, very good.

As far as Magnesium goes, I've tried many different types and this is the easiest to digest and it does not have laxative effects on me.  But if it does, ppl tapering from Benzos need it since Benzos cause Constipation.  And if you get the runs you can eat rice. 

We are on an organic Whole foods diet and we don't eat FAT BOMBS.  You ASSUME TOO MUCH bcuz someone you knew abused the diet.  That is offensive as hell!

I also cycle off and on Keto........so anyone who has done their homework on Keto KNOWS how it works ...unlike you who spews your so called Expertise on what you THINK you know.

I could not read another line because of your arrogance.

Dr.Berg and his wife give recipies for those fat bombs on his videos on youtube. you should check em out  :) Dr Berg makes them with her in the kitchen and eats them with her and tells his followers to try them! so yeah.

i'm glad your fish oil is from Alaskan fish. they swim in polluted waters too, but if you don't mind the mercury, then hey! more power to you! and if they sell em on amazon too well that's great! i would be interested in the batch lot number or "catch to capsulation" date and also how expensive they are? maybe some people here would like to enjoy the same fish oil you get so you could always drop a link..

my keto stint was only for 7 months due to symptoms of mixed hyperlipidemia (high cholesterols) and prediabetes/insulin resistance which developed towards the end of my experience in a strict state of ketosis. as soon as i made the diet switch to whole foods plant based as i mentioned the conditions reversed. but hey if it works for you great!

as for your choice to take the laxative to get some magnesium, and then to eat rice to treat the diarrhea, well i don't think i really need to say anything.

rice is a white starchy carb, not sposed to eat carbs on keto diet. cycling on and off is not ketogenic diet. ketosis is the state of eating very tiny amount of carbs so the body burns fats instead of carbohydrates. soon as you "carb up" you are no longer in a state of ketosis. ketones in the blood go down immediately. test strips and breath test. that's why people feel relief when they end the ketosis and ingest some carbs. i never claimed to be an "Expert" ...however, yes i did the homework.

but thanks for the kind words!

Again More arrogance and lack of Knowledge.

I eat whole foods and organic foods as I said which you must have MISSED.

Minute Rice is fine if you put it in boiling water and remove it from the burner and put a lid on it then refrigerate it.  This takes the starch out.........but you would not know this since you were only on Keto  7 months and I don't follow everything Dr. Berg says.  I have done quite a lot of research on this subject.  This has not worked for you because you don't know much about it only what you THINK you know.

We are all individuals and what works for one does not necessarily work for another but you should know that since you are the so called Expert.  You've already shown me your ignorance on these subjects and that you have JUMPED to conclusion on things that did not work for you and 7 MONTHS on KETO and you are an expert?  I THINK NOT!  You don't know anything but the simple things about it. 

It has worked wonders for my husband and myself and I am healing as a result of more knowledge about the subject that you could possibly care to know...since you were only on it 7 months.  How would you know about cycling?  Cycling is NOT getting OFF KETO...........you......the expert should know all this ......but you don't know........you revealed that in your last post.

Shame on you for coming in here and trashing what you don't know about and attacking another person trying to help someone in here asking for help.  All you've done now is confuse that person. 

Don't talk to me anymore...I'll put you on ignore.

here ya go:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Dr+Berg+fat+bombs

1:39

Amazing Chocolate Keto Fat Bombs

Dr. Eric Berg DC

316K views

2 years ago

Get the Recipe Here: https://bit.ly/2SFE2GL Take Dr. Berg's Advanced Evaluation Quiz: http://bit.ly/EvalQuiz Your report will then ...

4:48

Coconut Pecan Fudge Fat Bomb

Dr. Eric Berg DC

29K views

6 months ago

See Recipe Here: http://bit.ly/2Bng3l9 Take Dr. Berg's Free Keto Mini-Course: http://pxlme.me/-i717vtY or go here: https ...

10:33

The Healthiest Bread in the World!

Dr. Eric Berg DC

2.3M views

2 years ago

Check out this recipe: https://www.drberg.com/blog/the-healthiest-bread-in-the-world Take Dr. Berg's Advanced Evaluation Quiz: ...

3:40

Chocolate Cheesecake Peanut Butter Fat Bombs: Keto Friendly

Dr. Eric Berg DC

28K views

6 months ago

See Recipe Here: http://bit.ly/2Ge86CS Take Dr. Berg's Free Keto Mini-Course: http://pxlme.me/-i717vtY or go here: https ...

1:45

Keto Fat Bomb: Chocolate & Peanut Butter

Dr. Eric Berg DC

120K views

2 years ago

Get Recipe Here: https://www.drberg.com/blog/chocolate-and-peanut-butter-keto-fat-bombs Take Dr. Berg's Advanced Evaluation ...

3:43

Amazing Peanut Butter Cup Recipe : Low Carb!

Dr. Eric Berg DC

245K views

2 years ago

Get Dr. Berg's Ketogenic Desserts eBook: https://bit.ly/2rqmyOJ Take Dr. Berg's Advanced Evaluation Quiz: http://bit.ly/EvalQuiz ...

3:05

Raspberry Chocolate Cheesecake Fat Bomb

Dr. Eric Berg DC

33K views

6 months ago

See Recipe Here: http://bit.ly/2RHDOtj Take Dr. Berg's Free Keto Mini-Course: http://pxlme.me/-i717vtY or go here: https ...

2:38

Jalapeno Bacon Cream Cheese Keto Fat Bombs

Dr. Eric Berg DC

37K views

2 years ago

Get Recipe Here: https://www.drberg.com/blog/jalapeo-bacon-cream-cheese-keto-fat-bombs Take Dr. Berg's Advanced ...

1:55

Amazing Pizza Keto Fat Bombs

Dr. Eric Berg DC

25K views

2 years ago

Get Recipe Here: https://www.drberg.com/blog/pizza-keto-fat-bombs Take Dr. Berg's Advanced Evaluation Quiz: ...

1:59

Coconut Chocolate Keto Fat Bombs

Dr. Eric Berg DC

65K views

2 years ago

Get Recipe Here: https://www.drberg.com/blog/chocolate-coconut-keto-fat-bombs Take Dr. Berg's Advanced Evaluation Quiz: ...

3:45

Lemon Cream and Blackberry Fat Bomb

Dr. Eric Berg DC

21K views

5 months ago

See Recipe Here: http://bit.ly/2GhFAAa Take Dr. Berg's Free Keto Mini-Course: http://pxlme.me/-i717vtY or go here: https ...

i'm done.  :laugh:

Vica,

Yes, Lysine, which is an amino acid, may help anxiety as it lowers viral load. I have taken Pharma Gaba by Natural Factors when anxiety is severe, too. They use this a lot in Japan for anxiety, but ours is not normal anxiety. Cutting back on gluten and dairy might help as they are high in glutamate. I'm sorry you're still incapacitated. It's a terribly wicked journey thru hell.

Dez

Hi dez, thank you for writing me back and try to help me. :smitten:

I’m gluten, sugar and dairy  free for over 1.5 year. Losing hope what to do. Getting severe migraine and anxiety non stop. Crying a lot.

Vica

Hey Guys,

I would recommend something better with no side effects that might help you.  It raises your ATP which builds up your mitrochrondria which are your cells all over your body and heals your brain.  It is a Powder called DRIBOSE.  It also strengthens your heart. It is a powder and you take it with Water. 

WILD ALASKAN SALMON OIL capsules....Take this in the morning with your Dribose ...it comes from northern Alaska and the Salmon Oil is pure full of Omega 3 which heals your brain.

PROBIOTICS.....get the kind that survives through Stomach Acid.

Phosphatidylserine:  Get the Sun Flower Lecithin kind not the SOY...SOY is way bad.  I buy the Olympic Labs Brand.  If it says NON-SOY then it is Sun Lecithin...this heals your nerves, your brain and coats the mylan sheath around your nerve cells.  It also blocks Cortisol that makes you anxious and hyper.  Only take 100mg in the Morning ...no more than that or it could keep you from sleeping. 

When I wake up with too much Cortisol......and nervous and shaking...I'll take the Phosphatidylserine and withing a half hour I feel better all day.  It will heal your brain and CNS.  You won't be able to tell the difference for 6-8 weeks though and you should cut the capsule and take out half the liquid for a few weeks before taking the full 100mg capsule just to get you started.

Plus you do need supplements like B Complex, and get your Vitamin C from Dark Organic Blueberries which heal the brain.  Also most any dark berries that you can consume will heal your brain.  Dark Cherries do also.  I mean like BLACK Cherries.  The darker the better. 

Ubiquinol 100 mg also raises your ATP which will heal your brain and Mitrochrondria cells which you need.......we all need that. 

Resveratrol......get the kind that is non-gmo if you can afford it.  It will heal your brain and your body.

Astragalus Herb taken two times a day.  Take 3 capsules will increase your Immune System which you need right now.  Take it every day in the morning.

Get more Sunshine or take Vitamin D3 with Vitamin K2 which will take the D3 to your bones and teeth to strengthen them and heal your nervous system. Take in the morning.

Zinc and take Vitamin K2 with the Magnesium too so it can absorb into your bones and teeth only.

That is all I can think of for now.  Eat Range Free Chicken Eggs.  Worth the cost to protect your body and heal it.  The Choline in the Egg Yolks help heal the brain, it raises Acetylcholine which we need for the brain to get it healed.  Egg yolks do that.

Organic Grass Fed Beef and Range free Chicken and Turkey meat.  It is worth the cost.

Also buy Virgin Coconut Oil ..get the pure and use that to cook any of your foods as well as Grass Fed Butter.  Don't use the other oils to cook.  The Coconut Oil heals the Mylan Sheath that surround your nerve cells and will heal them. 

Extra Virgin Olive Oil.....get it in DARK Glass BOTTLES.....not those plastic bottles and use it only for salads, never heat it up.  Not good.

Make sure your water is clean and filtered and drink a lot of it but not with your food. 

I hope this helps.  Wishing you the very best.  I KNOW this will help!  I am still tapering but it is really helping me.

Hi thank you for all your suggestions. :smitten:

I have to say I tried almost all, magnesium, vitamin d, B complex, fish oil, probiotic, and made my anxiety and headache worse. I wish something would work....

Eathing berries every day, I’m gluten dairy free, no alcohol, coffee, eathing very healthy, using organic veggies and meat, organic coconut oil,........ still not getting better, still severe anxiety and headache what becomes migraine now for over 3 years.

Losing hope :'(

Vica

Have you ever considered taking a SSRI, combined with CBT to overcome your anxiety?

Fish oil, b. vitamins, vit. D do very little to ease anxiety. Fish oil can even increase anxiety and so doB vitamins which tend to cause overstimulation.

I take a combination of herbs and medication.

For anxiety and panic what works for me is propranolol and baclofen. Sometimes i also take an antihistamine which makes me very drowsy and sleepy.

For herbs i take strong chamomile tea, yes it's gabaergic but i feel no ill after effects from it.

Bacopa monieri also works.

[de...]
I have spent thousands of dollars on various supplements, cbd oil, etc. and I have to say there is nothing that has helped my anxiety.

Vica, going to take time doing all those good things for your body and brain to heal.  I don't understand the protracted sxs but it has happened to a lot of people.  It takes time for the brain to heal.  Just keep taking all the things that work for you and avoid the things that do not work for you.  You are an individual as we all are.  I cannot tolerate Antihistamines and I have insomnia.  They give me severe headaches whereas in before Benzos I never had a problem with them.

Listen to your body but don't give up on eating the good foods and vitamins that work for you.  The things that make you worse, AVOID.

[glow=red,2,300]Have you ever considered taking a SSRI[/glow], combined with CBT to overcome your anxiety?

(where is the smiley emoticon that's hitting himself over the head with a big stick when you need it?) this one  :idiot: will have to do for now.

okay we are not doctors, and thank goodness for that. we are here trying to reduce harm to ourselves, and to initiate healing in our already chemically damaged bodies. i think we can agree on that much.

please do not begin to take another chemically lobotomizing medication such as any SSRI unless you are already on it. if you're already on it,  and if you try to get off of it ,  i send much support your way! i am currently microtapering off of mine and have found that all that support is very much needed. i've been tapering off of my SSRI since 2017, and it's gnarly but so far i'm hanging on.

let me just caution you heavily about SSRI's according to well respected good guy dr on our side, whistleblower about psych drugs in general, and especially antipsychotics/major tranquilizers/neuroleptics as the SSRI's are, the famous Dr.Breggin (check out his many videos and channel on youtoube for more) : he reports correctly that they cause brain damage which often shows up in brain mri's. i have 4 sets which document mine. it was the #1 most damaging thing the dr's ever did to me in my 24 year history of psych meds. it caused all the symptoms of multiple sclerosis and more...trust me, you don't want that on top of all the stuff you're already dealing with from the other meds. please, reconsider if ANYONE suggests to you to begin taking an SSRI ...

[glow=red,2,300]Have you ever considered taking a SSRI[/glow], combined with CBT to overcome your anxiety?

(where is the smiley emoticon that's hitting himself over the head with a big stick when you need it?) this one  :idiot: will have to do for now.

okay we are not doctors, and thank goodness for that. we are here trying to reduce harm to ourselves, and to initiate healing in our already chemically damaged bodies. i think we can agree on that much.

please do not begin to take another chemically lobotomizing medication such as any SSRI unless you are already on it. if you're already on it,  and if you try to get off of it ,  i send much support your way! i am currently microtapering off of mine and have found that all that support is very much needed. i've been tapering off of my SSRI since 2017, and it's gnarly but so far i'm hanging on.

let me just caution you heavily about SSRI's according to well respected good guy dr on our side, whistleblower about psych drugs in general, and especially antipsychotics/major tranquilizers/neuroleptics as the SSRI's are, the famous Dr.Breggin (check out his many videos and channel on youtoube for more) : he reports correctly that they cause brain damage which often shows up in brain mri's. i have 4 sets which document mine. it was the #1 most damaging thing the dr's ever did to me in my 24 year history of psych meds. it caused all the symptoms of multiple sclerosis and more...trust me, you don't want that on top of all the stuff you're already dealing with from the other meds. please, reconsider if ANYONE suggests to you to begin taking an SSRI ...

I'm sorry to hear you had and are having such bad experiences with the use of a SSRI. I've been through hell myself with clonazepam.

The thing is, SSRI's are beneficial for a lot of people and only a small subset of users experience a serious withdrawal syndrome.

Even Dr. Ashton finds that the use of a SSRI is ok when anxiety from benzo withdrawal becomes too much to bare.

There is no scientific evidence that the use of SSRI leads to MS.

I'm sorry to hear you had and are having such bad experiences with the use of a SSRI. I've been through hell myself with clonazepam.

The thing is, SSRI's are beneficial for a lot of people and only a small subset of users experience a serious withdrawal syndrome.

Even Dr. Ashton finds that the use of a SSRI is ok when anxiety from benzo withdrawal becomes too much to bare.

There is no scientific evidence that the use of SSRI leads to MS.

Nickneedshelp

i appreciate that you have been thru hell with benzos. same here.

but your statement that "...only a small subset of users experience a serious withdrawal syndrome." is incorrect. quite the opposite is in fact true. the greater majority of SSRI users (using an SSRI for 6 months or longer) suffer long term harm and serious withdrawal.

and while i highly respect AShton's work, she has given us the basis for beginning the hard work of benzo tapering et al, she has been corrected in a few major points, one being her advice on the addition of other psychoactive medications ie major tranquilizers such as SSRI's as an adjunct to getting off of benzos.  like i said i highly respect her, but her work has been improved upon in the years since she published. we all owe a great deal to her, but also to the contemporaries which followed her. her work has been improved upon in other important ways such as slowing the taper rate to less than the 10% she reccomended originally, microtapers have been developed, tested and proven much easier to tolerate and more effective in preventing relapse or reinstatement.  but i digress.

as i said, i was misdiagnosed and did not have MS and the symptoms of the so called MS all diasappeared upon my reducing my dosage from 400mg to under 85mg daily and it turns out the radiologist who spoke to me privately was correct, it was the meds i was on (quetiapine/SSRI at the time, which caused the mri findings and all of my symptoms.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29157405  Common Clinical and Imaging Conditions Misdiagnosed as Multiple Sclerosis: A Current Approach to the Differential Diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis.

as for the harm from SSRI's see also:

http://www.toxicpsychiatry.com/antidepressant-brain-damage  Antidepressants -- Brain Damage and Chronic Brain Impairments

SSRI or SNRI Antidepressants:

Impact of duration of antidepressant treatment on the risk of occurrence of a new sequence of antidepressant treatment. Verdoux H, Cougnard A, Thiebaut A, Tournier M. Pharmacopsychiatry, 2011 May; 44(3) 96-101

The authors studied data on 35,053 persons starting antidepressant treatment. They found "The risk of re-initiation of antidepressant treatment was higher if the duration of the index episode of

antidepressant treatment was [greater than] ≥ 6 months [hazard ratio (HR)=2.35; 95% CI 2.25-2.45) or 2-5 months (HR=1.65; 95% CI 1.59-1.71) compared to ≤ 1 month." In other words, the longer a patient is exposed to antidepressants, the greater is the risk that there will be another episode of depression requiring another round of antidepressant prescriptions.

"Tardive dysphoria: The role of long term antidepressant use in inducing chronic depression," Rif S. El-Mallakh, Yonglin Gao, R. Jeannie Roberts, Medical Hypotheses 76 (2011) 769-773

"...emerging evidence that, in some individuals, persistent use of antidepressants may be prodepressant."

"Blue again: perturbational effects of antidepressants suggest monoaminergic homeostasis in major depression" Paul W. Andrews, etal, Frontiers in Psychology, July 7, 2011

The authors document that antidepressant drugs increase the risk of relapse of depression for patients. They further comment on the growing habit of treating depression with multiple psychiatric drugs stating "Since many patients on antidepressants alone do not achieve full remission (Rush et al., 2006), possibly due to oppositional tolerance, atypical antipsychotic drugs, and other agents are increasingly prescribed to enhance the efficacy of ADMs. Our results suggest that the concurrent use of multiple drugs could cause greater monoaminergic perturbations, possibly further increasing the risk of relapse after they are discontinued."

Efficacy and Effectiveness of Antidepressants: Current Status of Research, H. Edmund Pogott, Allan M. Leventhal, Gregory S. Alter, John J. Boren. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics, 2010; 79:267-269

“Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor use associates with apathy among depressed elderly: a case-control study” Wongpakaran N., etal, Annals of General Psychiatry, 2007 6:7

“Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor-Induced Apathy: A Pediatric Case Series,” Reinblatt S.P. etal, J of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology, 16:1/2, 2006 227-233

“Evidence that serotonin reuptake modulators increase the density of serotonin innervation in the forebrain,” Zhou, L. etal, Journal of Neurochemistry, 2006, 96. 396-406

"SSRI-Induced Apathy Syndrome: A Clinical Review," Barnhart W.J., etal, J of Psychiatric Practice 10:3 May 2004

“Paroxetine does not improve symptoms and impairs cognition in frontotemporal dementia: a double-blind randomized controlled trial” Deakin J.B., etal, Psychopharmacology (2004) 172:400-408

“Emotional blunting associated with SSRI-induced sexual dysfunction. Do SSRIs inhibit emotional responses?” Opbroek, A. etal, Intl. J of Neuropsychopharmacology 2002, 5, 147-151

“Chronic Antidepressant Treatment Increases Neurogenesis in Adult Rat Hippocampus,” Malberg J. etal, J of Neuroscience, 20:24 December 15, 2000, pp 9104-9110

“Persistently Increased Density of Serotonin Transporters in the Frontal Cortex of Rats Treated with Fluoxetine During Early Juvenile Life,” Wegerer V. etal,  J of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology 9:1, 1999

“Apathy and Indifference in Patients on Fluvoxamine and Fluoxetine,” Hoehn-Saric R. etal, J Clin Psychopharmacol Vol 10:5, Oct 1990

"Modification of Serotonergic Neuron Properties by Long-Term Treatment With Serotonin Reuptake Blockers", Claude de Montigny, et al, J Clinical Psychiatry  Dec. 1990  [This 1990 published study is "not allowed to be posted" by the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry to be made available for Fair Use and has been removed from website October 2, 2015 after email received from Maureen Bunner-Hunsucker, Physicians Postgraduate Press, requesting removal for "copyright infringement."  This paper provides some of the earliest evidence that Prozac and other SSRIs cause permanent damage to neurotransmission in the brain. One of the authors, Montigny, once told Dr. Breggin that he wouldn't do even longer term studies because it might hurt Eli Lilly.  See Breggin, P. and Breggin, G. bestselling book Talking Back to Prozac.  Dr. Breggin suspects that Eli Lilly is behind this otherwise ridiculous suppression of scientific  research and communication that was published at this writing, 25 years ago.  This is a perfect example of why scientists and other throughout the world are calling for the free access to all scientific publications and studies.  Shame on the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry.]

“Receptor Alterations Associated With Serotonergic Agents: An Autoradiographic Analysis,” Wamsley J. etal, J Clin Psychiatry  48:3 (Suppl) March 1987

"Midlife vs Late-Life Depressive Symptoms and Risk of Dementia" Deborah E. Barnes, PhD, MPH et al, Arch Gen Psychiatry May 2012

Vica,

Dez

Thank you all the suggestions Dez, I will go out today and buy lysine, and valerian and Passion flower.

Other people suggested yesterday and today I will go out and buy. Even I will try magnesium again. If is. Not going to work I have to go back on medication. I have elavil, my doctor give me for nerve pain.

I have to do something bc anxiety and this scalp nerve pain is killing me. Can’t even sleep.

Hugs

Vica  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Vica,

Dez

Thank you all the suggestions Dez, I will go out today and buy lysine, and valerian and Passion flower.

Other people suggested yesterday and today I will go out and buy. Even I will try magnesium again. If is. Not going to work I have to go back on medication. I have elavil, my doctor give me for nerve pain.

I have to do something bc anxiety and this scalp nerve pain is killing me. Can’t even sleep.

Hugs

Vica  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

hi Vica

you might wanna take a look at this page before introducing that GABA-ergic valerian into your already benzo damaged system....

http://w-bad.org/reactions-setbacks/   "Valerian** (binds just like a benzodiazepine)"

best of luck to you

Yes, I read Valerian is not good ...I tried it and it did not work anyway.  I had two bottles of the Non alcohol Extract and had to give them to my neighbor who is not on Valium to help her sleep.  But it made me feel worse.  Same with Lysine and Glycine.  They both really messed me up, set me back.  It's like we are guinea pigs experimenting on this and that to try to get help.

I heard Valium is not tolerant with other drugs and herbs.  I wish I had known that ..I would have stayed on Ativan and tapered from that instead.