LIGHTS!!!

[Fr...]

I went to the grocery store today. Anybody else affected by Florescent lights? The Hum they put off and they are so bright. I went into a mini anxiety attack and had to take my 5pm pill just a bit early like minutes (4:45). I did so good yesterday. I rode my bike 26 miles and forgot to take my 5pm pill and took it at 7pm. I thought I was making some progress. But a trip to get groceries shocked my system. I got the staples and got out of there. My eyes feel weird, my brain feels like it's buzzing. UGH!

:'(

I wear sunglasses all the time when I go outside, including indoors everywhere I go. I keep my room either very dark or partially open some curtains. I use soft, yellow light in small lamps.

Fluorescent lights are especially awful.

I went to the grocery store today. Anybody else affected by Florescent lights? The Hum they put off and they are so bright. I went into a mini anxiety attack and had to take my 5pm pill just a bit early like minutes (4:45). I did so good yesterday. I rode my bike 26 miles and forgot to take my 5pm pill and took it at 7pm. I thought I was making some progress. But a trip to get groceries shocked my system. I got the staples and got out of there. My eyes feel weird, my brain feels like it's buzzing. UGH!

:'(

I wear light sensitivity glasses. Those overhead fluorescent lights are the worst!

I suggest a ball cap or visor in the grocery store. This is something that is recommended to TBI patients but applies to benzo withdrawal sensitivity just as well. It helps to block the light as well as lot of excess visual stimulus. Also, always grab a cart. When holding a cart, your brain doesn't have to work quite so hard to orient you in space, which makes it easier for it to handle all the stimulus. Sunglasses are great, in addition, but I felt weird doing sunglasses indoors so just did the cap. It really helped!

Thanks All!

My house is full of the bright white lights as my husband hates the dim ones. Thank you for your suggestions. My brain is just buzzing. It's not the electrical shocks I experienced on my first attempt to quit K. It's a weird feeling...I'm sure you all know what I'm trying to explain here.  :(

Do you normally ride that far, Fresh? 26 miles outdoors?

Yes, I normally ride 36 to 40 miles outdoors 4 times a week, but the rain where I live just won't stop falling so I have to squeeze in what I can.

Yes, I normally ride 36 to 40 miles outdoors 4 times a week, but the rain where I live just won't stop falling so I have to squeeze in what I can.

That’s great, and since it’s something you do all the time I won’t bat an eye at it :)

Fluorescent lights have so many drawbacks, I wish they would stop using those, but oh well. We have caps and glasses for that. Sorry about the lights at home, I wouldn’t be able to endure that because I was like this with my soft lights even before these pills.

That’s great, and since it’s something you do all the time I won’t bat an eye at it :)

Fluorescent lights have so many drawbacks, I wish they would stop using those, but oh well. We have caps and glasses for that. Sorry about the lights at home, I wouldn’t be able to endure that because I was like this with my soft lights even before these pills.

Yeah, Biking has saved my life! I used to be on Oxycodone for pain, Soma a very strong muscle relaxer and weighed 70 pounds more than I did before I started biking. Kicked all those drugs and rely on biking to help with my anxiety and depression. Yesterday was my "off" day and I sat indoors all day then went to the store around 4. I think it has something to do with just not getting outside yesterday to burn off the extra "whatever makes me anxious" in my head.

I like soft lights too. If I could just have candle light I'd be fine. In fact, since tapering I take candle light showers and put soothing music on because the shower is another place my brain likes to bring in bad thoughts or the "shoulda, coulda, woulda...crap"

Yeah, Biking has saved my life! I used to be on Oxycodone for pain, Soma a very strong muscle relaxer and weighed 70 pounds more than I did before I started biking. Kicked all those drugs and rely on biking to help with my anxiety and depression. Yesterday was my "off" day and I sat indoors all day then went to the store around 4. I think it has something to do with just not getting outside yesterday to burn off the extra "whatever makes me anxious" in my head.

I like soft lights too. If I could just have candle light I'd be fine. In fact, since tapering I take candle light showers and put soothing music on because the shower is another place my brain likes to bring in bad thoughts or the "shoulda, coulda, woulda...crap"

I like the way it sounds like you are doing things, exercise and getting out and also the candle light showers and soothing music. All of this sounds really good to me. It’s uplifting to hear these things, and that all the healthy movement took away the need for pain pills.

Seems like you are on a good path.

Thank you.  :smitten:

I like the way it sounds like you are doing things, exercise and getting out and also the candle light showers and soothing music. All of this sounds really good to me. It’s uplifting to hear these things, and that all the healthy movement took away the need for pain pills.

Seems like you are on a good path.