Anger for No Reason

[bo...]

Whoopsie, how are you feeling now? How long have you been off?

I agree. The anger for no reason isn't me, it's the drugs. I also agree that we have to keep ourselves in control.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [bo...]

• [De...]

• [Ro...]

• [tr...]

If you think it's too much, start: 1:10

And not if you are sensitive.

Hello Translator,

I guess this is not the video you wanted to show...

Rodolfo: It was the one I wanted to show, because the parrot is so angry. Just for fun. But I removed it, if it doesn't feel good. :)

I have anger for good reason, I’ve had it pent up anger for years, now I see things more clearly and see all the stuff I’ve have put up with. I don’t want to be angry I just don’t want to take anymore bullshit from family and friends. Got to find a way to say no firmly and appropriately.

It's easy to fall into this trap and give up on some friends and family when going through this process... I wouldn't do it, we might feel different after we recover, IMO

I've been dealing with benzo rage for over 5 years now. Feels like I'm possessed by demons when it happens and gets VERY intense. It slowly started to simmer down months ago but still rears it's ugly head from time to time but not as bad as it has been before. Uncontrollable thoughts of hurting or maiming people. Holes in a few walls, broken furniture, broken appliances etc. I broke my right hand a few years ago because of very intense benzo rage and it's still broken yet healing slowly. Benzo rage is a fucking nightmare honestly. Then again, what part of benzo recovery isn't?

I know this shit will pass in time though.  8)

Rockfan, I guess that scares me that you are still dealing with anger and intrusive thoughts at five years off. I am a year off tomorrow and am hoping to see improvements in the next six months. This is a miserable process.

Had the anger again tonight for no reason. My wife and daughter were on my mind all day, making me uncomfortable. Then, when they got home, I was just angry for no reason, and the feeling is scary. I just feel like I'm never going to be comfortable with my daughter again or happy with her. It isn't fair because I so badly want to be around her and have fun again.

Had the anger again tonight for no reason. My wife and daughter were on my mind all day, making me uncomfortable. Then, when they got home, I was just angry for no reason, and the feeling is scary. I just feel like I'm never going to be comfortable with my daughter again or happy with her. It isn't fair because I so badly want to be around her and have fun again.

I think part of it is we subconsciously, unjustly, want them to be able to fix us, to make us feel good. To day the right thing or do exactly the right thing we need. No one can live up to that but we make this weird assumption the should be able to when we feel fucked up. That’s my take on it. Just focus on trying to do good things and bring them joy even if it does nothing for you. It’s like depositing into a savings acount you can withdraw from later when you feel good. If you don’t make any deposits you’ll be poor and sorry later (your relationship will be shit).

I think these pills made me numb for years, i put up with stuff or looked the other way, that’s one of the reasons why i took them, to calm my anxiety about negative feelings. Now, less pills I live in a different reality, I took for many years, so I have a lot of anger pent up. Now it’s to late to bring up all these feelings with my close ones, i write them down, or I go out in the garden and talk yo myself,  it helps to put everything into perspective, if I could afford to, I would go to therapy and tell a therapist all that’s bothering me. I don’t  tell a friend, nobody should have to listen to my  rant. Talking to myself helps with my anxiety, I just don’t do it where others can see or hear me, because I’m afraid I’ll end up in the loony bin.

Best

I agree with what you're saying ICAN. It's gotten to the point where I can barely be in the same room as my daughter even when my wife is around. But I'm noticing anger toward everyone too. I may have to start experimenting with medications to save my marriage and job. I worry that this is beyond benzo withdrawal.

I agree with what you're saying ICAN. It's gotten to the point where I can barely be in the same room as my daughter even when my wife is around. But I'm noticing anger toward everyone too. I may have to start experimenting with medications to save my marriage and job. I worry that this is beyond benzo withdrawal.

I started low dose mirtazapine a bit back.  If I could afford to not work and sit at home and not have a family to depend on me while I am miserable for God knows how long sure that’s one thing. But I can’t, and I want my family intact at the end of this, so I chose help with medication.  Even if there is some with drawl I know it will not be this bad, I don’t really care at this point I am doing better.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else taking remeron on this thread?

I am back to having anger today. My dog is sick and I have to take her to the vet after school, and for whatever reason, I am mad about it. I love my dogs. I care about them deeply. This isn't me. The worst part about the anger is I think of other places I could go like my parent's house and I know it wouldn't make any difference. I would just feel angry there too. Does this subside? It's not like I'm having outbursts, I just feel a weird, burning anger inside.

I never thought about it, but you are right.

I’m jealous of my friends acting normal and putting up for situations I can’t even fathom, like traveling or partying or simply driving. I have to get over this feeling, I decided to taper and quit Xanax. Oh, well, will see how I get out of this mess, some days are tolerable, others like today are really hard.

I had awful tachycardia last night after going to a friends’ get together.

Be well.

I've had awful time with loved ones, while trying to maintain beloved longstanding relationships thoughout lifetime & don't want to lose these.  I did have close-calls, while I was in, what I came to learn was tolerance w/d.  I do still have moments where I do lash out.  I've taken to actually putting sticky notes next to landline telephone where I've written in felt marker: Do Not Call (insert name), until those feelings have subsided...sometimes several days, sometimes a week.  It's ridiculous, but I feel it's helping me to keep from lashing out when I'm in bad temper.  And, I, too, like poster above, am jealous...pretty much every single conversation I have, when they're discussing trivial matters as huge annoyances.  I also realize I can't expect them to monitor what they're saying any time we speak & I wouldn't want them to.  If I were fine, I wouldn't want to have to do that.  I don't believe they're insensitive, just clueless, and it is frustrating to frequently explain exactly what my present reality is.

I also feel a lot is misdirected anger.  At least, that's how I feel  b/c I am enraged by the doctor who first started me on this & then just stopped, without any regard that by stopping prescriptions, he could've killed me (via CT).  :tickedoff:  I'd figured out, by then, that the depression & agoraphobia I'd been experiencing was actually tolerance w/d, so I'd researched & learned that this would have to be stopped via a slow taper.  So, I think many of us are experiencing, if not as badly as myself, at least frustration with the medical community. 

Anyone here getting out & about at all, please try to be grateful for that, speaking as one who isn't in good enough shape to even be entertaining that thought.  (And, now you can get angry w/me for posting to be grateful for it!!  :D:laugh:;)  ...sense of humor helps!)

CuzKK, I wish my misdirected anger was only directed at my doctor. Unfortunately, for me, I feel it toward the people I am closest with. It's scary and unwarranted. I think I'm just stressed about what I'm going through. I have it again tonight. It just comes on and takes over.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm coming back to this thread after nearly a month. I know most people have probably moved on from the thread. The unwarranted anger keeps returning. I am having a very hard time being at home when I feel this level of anger toward my wife, daughter, and my dogs. It's like my head is swollen with anger and I can't think straight. It makes me want to cry but I don't feel like I can cry anymore. I told my wife that I may need to go live with my parents when summer break starts because I don't want to spend every minute at home feeling angry around my daughter. My wife is super mad about it even though I told her they should both come along. Honestly, I'm pretty worried that this symptom isn't going to end at this point. I feel so defeated because even exercising doesn't help it at all. Could this be beyond withdrawal?

I'm coming back to this thread after nearly a month. I know most people have probably moved on from the thread. The unwarranted anger keeps returning. I am having a very hard time being at home when I feel this level of anger toward my wife, daughter, and my dogs. It's like my head is swollen with anger and I can't think straight. It makes me want to cry but I don't feel like I can cry anymore. I told my wife that I may need to go live with my parents when summer break starts because I don't want to spend every minute at home feeling angry around my daughter. My wife is super mad about it even though I told her they should both come along. Honestly, I'm pretty worried that this symptom isn't going to end at this point. I feel so defeated because even exercising doesn't help it at all. Could this be beyond withdrawal?

"Could this be beyond withdrawal?" Yes. If anger presents a problem for someone &/or others, it is generally accepted best practice that they seek professional assistance from qualified professionals. best wishes

I do want to point out that I've never felt this mad for no reason before quitting benzos.

I do want to point out that I've never felt this mad for no reason before quitting benzos.

Perhaps you should discuss that with a qualified professional.

I’ve gotten this as well. It started out where I would b incredibly angry for absolutely not reason. Just completely & utterly enraged. It then developed into me getting angry over little things like not hearing back from a friend thinking that they were purposely avoiding me bc they thought I was a nutcase or didn’t want to have anything to do with me. I know that this isn’t true though & over time it has gotten better. Now, I just find myself getting agitated & irritated out of proportion to the situation. Although I am aware of this & usually try to do things to help counteract these feelings. Usually stress relievers such ass exercising, painting, or drawing can help take my mind unlatch from these thoughts & feelings. It doesn’t always make it go away immediately, but it does help somewhat. If I let myself fixate or focus on them it just perpetuates the cycle. I know that deep down this is only how I perceive things & that these r not facts so there’s no real reason for me to jump to these conclusions. I have noticed it getting better as time goes on. My patience seems to b returning to normal & these sort of things don’t have the same effect on me that they used to, just like everything else it takes more time than we’d like it to.

Easydoesit. How long have you been off? Is your anger attached to one individual or family at all? It's gotten to the point where I ruminate about being angry at my family even when they're not around? I can't get my mind off it at work. It's become very distressing and I am wondering about other medications.

I get this sometimes, too. This week I've wanted to yell at people and call them names and punch things. I haven't...

It's mostly stangers on the internet and politicians and a little bit my family at times. I get easily annoyed and frustrated.

And then after a few days of rage I just get super upset and want to cry. It's very exhausting.

I've been through this cycle a few times, so I know it's just part of the deal. I'm sure you'll feel less this way soon, too.

Thanks, Chigrrl. I hope this is just part of the process of healing, and the unexplained rage goes away soon.