Question about using my oral syringe

[Ca...]

Hi all,

I’ve been tapering via trading out 1 mg of tablet for pharmaceutical liquid equivalent (1 ml) and leaving the rest of my dose in tablet form.  I’m down to 4 mg from 11 mg (Valium).  It just occurred to me recently now that I have gotten much lower, that I may be over dosing as I’ve always made sure to ingest the liquid at the tip of the oral syringe. To ingest it I have always removed the plunger and sucked the remainder out of the barrel like using a straw. Now I’m wondering if I should be doing that?

My question is- is that bit in the tip of my oral syringe part of my dose? Or should I attempt to return that little bit back into the bottle?  Will that contaminate the bottle?

Thanks in advance!

When you 1) submerge the tip of the syringe in liquid and 2) retract the plunger, all of the liquid, including what's in the tip, is exactly the amount indicated by the marks on the barrel..

You are following the correct procedure.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

When you 1) submerge the tip of the syringe in liquid and 2) retract the plunger, all of the liquid, including what's in the tip, is exactly the amount indicated by the marks on the barrel..

You are following the correct procedure.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you builder!  I was hoping you would answer this one for me!  :thumbsup: