Clonazepam taper

[Fa...]

I am on 1mg clonazepam in the morning and 1 mg at night. How do I start a liquid taper and how much do I go down each day or week?  Any help is appreciated.

I am on 1mg clonazepam in the morning and 1 mg at night. How do I start a liquid taper and how much do I go down each day or week?  Any help is appreciated.

1)  You dissolve tablets in a solvent (vodka or propylene glycol) and dilute that with water to make a easy-to-use solution.  The best ratio is 1mg K:2ml solvent:8ml water.  That gives you a .1mg per ml solution.  I suggest making approx a 10-12 day supply.  That would be:

20mgK +40ml solvent+160ml water

2) A good starting point is 10% every 14 days:

2mg X 10% = .2mg

.2mg/14 days =  .014mg daily reduction.

Since your liquid is .1mg per ml, you lower your dose by .014ml per day.

2mg                    20ml

1.986mg            19.86ml

1.972mg            19.72ml

1.958mg            19.58ml

EDIT:  On review, I noticed you are actually on 2mg per day.  I originally gave you a plan for 1mg/day.  The above has now been revised to match your 2mg/day starting dose. 

To continue 2X day dosing, you can put the full days amount, as shown in the chart, in a measuring cup, top it up to one full cup with water, then simply drink 1/2 cup for each dose.

etc...

If you want to do a different taper rate, just follow the calculation in my example, and substitute your own numbers.