reflux. insomnia, and now terrible anxious thoughts...reassurance please

[da...]

Hi fellow buddies, I started a rapid detox on my own. I was taking xanax between 1.5 mgs up to 2.0 mgs 5 year user slowly worked my way up..

Well 9 days ago started .5 mgs a day which turned out to be my worst decision made. Called the doc and went back to 1.5 2 days ago, but I am still having horrible symptoms as if the body does not adjust back . The first day back on 1.5 I was okay had anxiety but slept much better day 2, okay till the night horrible acid reflux burning, throat horribly bad taste in the mouth sour and salty,burning and even my lips feel like they are burning. Bouts of the shakes and so exhausted...does the body have to take time to re-adjust ? after being in chaos ? I don't know this is my first time in withdrawal from anything and now my persistent thoughts from anxiety have me thinking health as opposed to withdrawal and I know in my heart it's not organic sort of speak. I am so tired from getting 3 to 4 hours of sleep a night for the past 8 days and it's interrupted sleep the exhaustion makes it all worse. Can anyone relate or give me some solice that I am not alone. I am just getting so tired.

Thank you all so much. I don't be alone

DG

yes all the things you described are accurate from weaning down on benzos ,i wish i could tell you something different those are all withdrawalar systoms it will get better with time .