Daily micro taper or weekly cuts?

[el...]

It seems that daily micro tapers are popular here, but I've read a few stories where there was a delayed reaction in terms of someone was doing miniscule cuts daily for two weeks with no issues and then they suddenly began having sxs and didn't realize that the taper was going too fast because on a daily basis the cuts were so tiny.

Would it be best to do a hybrid where you do daily micro cuts for a week and then hold for a few days and then another week of micro cuts and then hold again for a few days or am I being too conservative?  And on that note........

can going too slowly backfire in some way?  I wouldn't think so, but I'm still learning, so thought I would ask.

[aa...]
All I can say is that today is day 17 of my DLMT and I’ve only improved all around since I began the micro taper. I haven’t felt this good since early into my general (dry cut) taper when I was barely having any symptoms. We’re the pioneers and guinea pigs here. I don’t see the actual harm in going more slowly, unless one can tell that the effects of small amounts of a drug are really bad—then speed back up? I’m going at 10% a month here.

[7f...]

When doing a daily liquid micro taper, if symptoms present or increase from one's baseline, that is an indication to the individual, that they need to lower their daily cut rate.

It is all very individual and one needs to add in a symptom based taper, always listen to your body.

This type of taper, IMO, is far superior than C&H.

[aa...]

When doing a daily liquid micro taper, if symptoms present or increase from one's baseline, that is an indication to the individual, that they need to lower their daily cut rate.

It is all very individual and one needs to add in a symptom based taper, always listen to your body.

This type of taper, IMO, is far superior than C&H.

Yes 100%

When doing a daily microtaper, if any sxs emerge, they will do so gradually, and you will have time to respond/adjust. 

You will NOT get slammed with sxs as you do with bigger, periodic cuts.

Daily microtaper it is! 

I'll do some research on the boards for how to calculate this and I'm sure will be back with more questions.

Thanks!

[aa...]

Daily microtaper it is! 

I'll do some research on the boards for how to calculate this and I'm sure will be back with more questions.

Thanks!

🎉🎊💥 We (LoL even me) are here for you. 😁 I just can’t help with math haha.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe I'm writing this as I have been totally all in for a dry cut taper.  Tonight, after playing around with the darn scale for 2 hours, doing math this literally has my head ready to explode, and still unable to figure out how to cut my doses "accurately" since the darn pills have different weights, when crushed I can't get them on the scale without a ton of residue all over the place, etc!

And the math?  Forget it! 

I'm on my own on this.  I printed out Jim Hawk's schedule but I'm still struggling.  Can anyone help me figure out how to do a DLMT starting at 1.5 mgs. of Xanax.  I dose 4 times per day.  I was doing a .25, .5., .25, .5 dosing schedule but it's been horrible!  I can REALLY feel the .25's.  I need to figure out a way to have a steady dosing schedule.  I think the LDMT is the only way to accomplish this. 

So again, after all my bravado and conviction on dry cutting, I'm asking for help!  I have no idea how to do the liquid.  How much to weigh out, how much to take, what to throw out, and how to even begin!  For right now, I'm using 1 mg pills of Xanax.

My goal is to do 10% cuts every 14 days (or 1% every day for 10 days and hold for the remaining 4 days if that makes sense).

HELP PLEASE?

Lori

I can't believe I'm writing this as I have been totally all in for a dry cut taper.  Tonight, after playing around with the darn scale for 2 hours, doing math this is literally got my head ready to explode, and still unable to figure out how to cut my doses "accurately" since the darn pills have different weights, when crushed I can't get them on the scale without a ton of residue all over the place, etc!

I'm on my own on this.  I printed out Jim Hawk's schedule but I'm still struggling.  Can anyone help me figure out how to do a DLMT starting at 1.5 mgs. of Xanax.  I dose 4 times per day.  I was doing a .24, .5., .25, .5 dosing schedule but it's been horrible!  I can REALLY feel the .25's.  I need to figure out a way to have a steady dosing schedule.  I think the LDMT is the only way to accomplish this. 

So again, after all my bravado and conviction on dry cutting, I'm asking for help!  I have to idea how to do the liquid.  How much to weigh out, how much to take, what to throw out, and how to even begin!  For right now, I'm using 1 mg pills of Xanax.

My goal is to do 10% cuts every 14 days (or 1% every day for 10 days and hold for the remaining 4 days if that makes sense).

HELP PLEASE?

Lori

You don't need to "weigh out, take out, throw out" anything!  You're going to prepare batches of liquid X, the same as if your were  getting a liquid from the pharmacy, and take it in scheduled doses, just like you would liquid med from the pharmacy.

Combine 15mg +30ml vodka or PG + 120ml water.  That gives a 10-12 day supply of .1mg=1ml liquid X.

10% X 1.5mg = .15mg

.15mg/14 days = .01mg/day reduction.

Schedule:

1.5mg                  15ml

1.49mg                14.9ml

1.48mg                14.8ml

1.47mg                14.8ml

etc...

Just lower your dose by .1ml (.01mg) each day.

To divide into multiple doses, extract the full days dose and put it in a measuring cup, then top it up to 1 1/2 cups with water, juice, etc.  Your 4 doses would then be 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup.  You can continue this procedure at any dose, if you want to keep dosing 4X, and in the same ratios you are currently following.

Simple.  No weighing, no waste, xanax is perfectly uniformly distributed, dose are consistent.

I can't believe I'm writing this as I have been totally all in for a dry cut taper.  Tonight, after playing around with the darn scale for 2 hours, doing math this is literally got my head ready to explode, and still unable to figure out how to cut my doses "accurately" since the darn pills have different weights, when crushed I can't get them on the scale without a ton of residue all over the place, etc!

I'm on my own on this.  I printed out Jim Hawk's schedule but I'm still struggling.  Can anyone help me figure out how to do a DLMT starting at 1.5 mgs. of Xanax.  I dose 4 times per day.  I was doing a .24, .5., .25, .5 dosing schedule but it's been horrible!  I can REALLY feel the .25's.  I need to figure out a way to have a steady dosing schedule.  I think the LDMT is the only way to accomplish this. 

So again, after all my bravado and conviction on dry cutting, I'm asking for help!  I have to idea how to do the liquid.  How much to weigh out, how much to take, what to throw out, and how to even begin!  For right now, I'm using 1 mg pills of Xanax.

HELP PLEASE?

Lori

You don't need to "weigh out, take out, throw out" anything!  You're going to prepare batches of liquid X, the same as if your were  getting a liquid from the pharmacy, and take it in scheduled doses, just like you would liquid med from the pharmacy.

Combine 15mg +30ml vodka or PG + 120ml water.  That gives a 10-12 day supply of .1mg=1ml liquid X.

10% X 1.5mg = .15mg

.15mg/14 days = .01mg/day reduction.

Schedule:

1.5mg                  15ml

1.49mg                14.9ml

1.48mg                14.8ml

1.47mg                14.8ml

etc...

Just lower your dose by .1ml (.01mg) each day.

To divide into multiple doses, extract the full days dose and put it in a measuring cup, then top it up to 1 1/2 cups with water, juice, etc.  Your 4 doses would then be 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup.  You can continue this procedure at any dose, if you want to keep dosing 4X, and in the same ratios you are currently following.

Simple.  No weighing, no waste, xanax is perfectly uniformly distributed, dose are consistent.

Thank you so much!!  One additionally question and I apologize for not being clear in my previous post.  I'm trying to do equal amounts throughout the day (4 doses) because the .25's and .5's are not allowing for a consistent serum level.  How would I do the math to take 1.5 mgs divided equally into 4 dose?  I know, I know, .... but I can't wrap my head around the math.

Thanks!

Lori 

Thank you so much!!  One additionally question and I apologize for not being clear in my previous post.  I'm trying to do equal amounts throughout the day (4 doses) because the .25's and .5's are not allowing for a consistent serum level.  How would I do the math to take 1.5 mgs divided equally into 4 dose?  I know, I know, .... but I can't wrap my head around the math.

Thanks!

Lori

I already showed you:  :)

It seems that daily micro tapers are popular here, but I've read a few stories where there was a delayed reaction in terms of someone was doing miniscule cuts daily for two weeks with no issues and then they suddenly began having sxs and didn't realize that the taper was going too fast because on a daily basis the cuts were so tiny.

Would it be best to do a hybrid where you do daily micro cuts for a week and then hold for a few days and then another week of micro cuts and then hold again for a few days or am I being too conservative?  And on that note........

can going too slowly backfire in some way?  I wouldn't think so, but I'm still learning, so thought I would ask.

Hi There I am trying to do the daily micro taper and find as I am getting lower it is hitting me more.  So I am trying top taper say 2.5% and then hold for about 10 days seems not to bad but varies all the time.

I did do the daily micro taper for the first 2 1/2 months when I started and was going great and then like you say it hit me so have been trying to tweak as I go along.

I have made it from 0.75mg since Jan 2018 starting the liquid micro taper and now down to 0.18mg left to taper down.

Purple

When doing a daily microtaper, if any sxs emerge, they will do so gradually, and you will have time to respond/adjust. 

You will NOT get slammed with sxs as you do with bigger, periodic cuts.

Wow that makes sense and yet why can't I follow that I think I am cutting small but probably not really if feeling like you say.  I am trying 2.5% and then holding but like you say and Wavesonshore mentioned smaller cuts are the way to go

Purple

I already showed you:  :)

Sorry.  When you wrote 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, 1/4 cut 1/2 cup, I assumed this meant it was the equivalent of .25, .5, .25, .5 mg doses.  I wanted to make each dose equal throughout the day..  which would be .4 (rounded up) for each dose.  Simply wasn't sure how much solution for drink for .4 milligrams each time.  Still not.

Sorry.  When you wrote 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, 1/4 cut 1/2 cup, I assumed this meant it was the equivalent of .25, .5, .25, .5 mg doses.  I wanted to make each dose equal throughout the day..  which would be .4 (rounded up) for each dose.  Simply wasn't sure how much solution for drink for .4 milligrams each time.  Still not.

To do 4 equal doses, top it up to 1 full cup, and drink 1/4 cup for each dose.

Once you have extracted the full day's dose from the liquid, you really no longer need to worry about milliters and milligrams. 

Put the full day's dose in a measuring cup, and dilute it a quantity that works easy for your dose schedule.  My suggestions would be:

for 2 daily doses, fill cup to 1 full cup, and drink 1/2 cup for each dose.

for 3 daily doses, fill cup to 1 full cup, and drink 1/3 cup for each dose.

for 4 daily doses, fill cup to 1 full cup, and drink 1/4 cup for each dose.

etc. 

Once you have measured up the full day's dose, you can dilute/divide that any way you choose.

To do 4 equal doses, top it up to 1 full cup, and drink 1/4 cup for each dose.

Once you have extracted the full day's dose from the liquid, you really no longer need to worry about milliters and milligrams. 

Put the full day's dose in a measuring cup, and dilute it a quantity that works easy for your dose schedule.  My suggestions would be:

for 2 daily doses, fill cup to 1 full cup, and drink 1/2 cup for each dose.

for 3 daily doses, fill cup to 1 full cup, and drink 1/3 cup for each dose.

for 4 daily doses, fill cup to 1 full cup, and drink 1/4 cup for each dose.

etc. 

Once you have measured up the full day's dose, you can dilute/divide that any way you choose.

Got it!  Thank you!  :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Builder so still trying to tweak my liquid taper.  Made it down to 0.15mg.  Did you get that low and did you need to do smaller cuts and hold less

Purplelavender

Builder so still trying to tweak my liquid taper.  Made it down to 0.15mg.  Did you get that low and did you need to do smaller cuts and hold less

Purplelavender

I taperd down to .5mg Valium.

That would be approx .025mg K

I adjusted my dose several times, as needed.  I only did one hold based on sxs.