need a push

[ju...]

i have been on this website for 1 year and 5 months and you can also say i have a bachelors degree in benzos since my first fail taper in 2014  i failed because i did not know anything i was only on the drug for  a year and tryed to stop cold turkey i made in 1 day with out my ativan then i turned to my doctor to get my off i was on 1.5mg a day at the time and he drew out a 60 day taper plain  it was rough every time i cut a dose for a few days but i bounced back until i go to the close to the end i was on 0.5 mg  -  0.25mg am 0.25mg pm  i was doing pretty well on that dose of 0.5mg a day  until the next cut of taking away 0.25pm dosage i only made it a few days like that i could not sleep i had this pressure in my head that was unbearable  12 hours of the day so i reinstated back to 0.5mg a day  and everything was ok again i stayed at that dose for a while and did great until intermittent withdrawal crept back in fast forward to now 2019  like i said ive been on here for  a while i know a lot  but i am deathly afraid to start a taper again because i am afraid of failing or going through unbearable withdrawal  i need a push and someone to guide me into this my life is terrible and has been for the last almost 2 years !!!  i lost the ability to drive in 2017 because of panic attacks and since then i made my house my safe place and have devloped a pretty bad agoraphobia i am a prison of my own house i need someones help

i have been on this website for 1 year and 5 months and you can also say i have a bachelors degree in benzos since my first fail taper in 2014  i failed because i did not know anything i was only on the drug for  a year and tryed to stop cold turkey i made in 1 day with out my ativan then i turned to my doctor to get my off i was on 1.5mg a day at the time and he drew out a 60 day taper plain  it was rough every time i cut a dose for a few days but i bounced back until i go to the close to the end i was on 0.5 mg  -  0.25mg am 0.25mg pm  i was doing pretty well on that dose of 0.5mg a day  until the next cut of taking away 0.25pm dosage i only made it a few days like that i could not sleep i had this pressure in my head that was unbearable  12 hours of the day so i reinstated back to 0.5mg a day  and everything was ok again i stayed at that dose for a while and did great until intermittent withdrawal crept back in fast forward to now 2019  like i said ive been on here for  a while i know a lot  but i am deathly afraid to start a taper again because i am afraid of failing or going through unbearable withdrawal  i need a push and someone to guide me into this my life is terrible and has been for the last almost 2 years !!!  i lost the ability to drive in 2017 because of panic attacks and since then i made my house my safe place and have devloped a pretty bad agoraphobia i am a prison of my own house i need someones help

So for clarification, are you on .5mg, or 1.625mg as your siggy says?

The key to a tolerable taper is "smaller cuts, more often."  And the ultimate extension of that concept is a daily microtaper.  You can do that by crushing your tablets and weighing your dose with a precision scale, or with liquid.  Liquid id definitely easier and more reliable, but either will work.  But for high potency benzos like ativan, the scale method kinda challenging.

If you have a cooperative doc, there is an Rx liquid ativan.  Or you can easily dissolve your tablets ij a tiny amount of vodka or propylene glycol, and dilute with water.

1.625mg daily

8am .25mg

12pm .25mg

4pm .25mg

8pm .25mg

12am .375mg

4am .25mg  then the cycle repeats itself

1.625mg daily

8am .25mg

12pm .25mg

4pm .25mg

8pm .25mg

12am .375mg

4am .25mg  then the cycle repeats itself

Thanks for the clarification.

As I said the key is smaller cuts, more often  That's what a daily liquid microtaper will allow you to do.

If you make a .1mg per ml solution, you can easily make reductions of .01 (hundredths) of a mg. 

Ex:

etc...

You can actually do as little as .001 (thousandths) of a mg, but most folks never need that tiny reduction.