Burned in hell, crawled through purgatory, and now walking amongst the living

[dr...]

Drew, that was a great success story, thanks so much for writing it.  I thought Xanax was a miracle drug too.  In a way I was lucky, in around three years, I was having a lot of stomach pain and after all the Dr tests, found a small article about stomach pain and benzo's.  So, withdrawing hasn't  been easy, but at least I knew in 3 years, I had to withdraw .  Thanks again for writing your story.  Love, Mary ♥️

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [dr...]

• [Vi...]

• [La...]

• [Sa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick update...I had some head symptoms and muscle pain return at a lower level for about two months.  They magically lifted about a week ago and I am back to briskly walking about five miles a day, climbing hills, and really pushing myself to complete exhaustion with no negative effects at all.  If anything I feel better after exercising which is hard for me to comprehend after that not being the case for so long. 

Able to drink caffeine and even had my first thai coffee in seven years with nothing at all.  Not even a racing heart from caffeine.  Eating most things too with no reactions.  Still avoiding alcohol and processed foods with MSG as it's just not worth it. 

Lastly, my biggest stress inducing activity during the whole process and even before withdrawal was client meetings.  I had a client meeting yesterday and I actually just focused on talking with the client and felt comfortable. Like a normal human!!!!  I did have some anticipatory anxiety that I need to work on which I'm sure will eventually fade.  I am also performing live theater in front of 40-50 people regularly and I haven't died yet :laugh:

Wonderful, wonderful news! Congratulations! Enjoy it all...although I don't think you need me to tell you that!  ;D

What encouraging news Drew! Thank you. I'm amazed that years after the last dose we feel the effects. So happy to know this miserable trek no longer is front and center for you. Soak in the wellness!

Wishing you well.

Carita

Congratulations!  I'm very close to 100% also.  Life is bliss on the other side. 

You went through hell and you're now in bliss.

Just a quick update...I had some head symptoms and muscle pain return at a lower level for about two months.  They magically lifted about a week ago and I am back to briskly walking about five miles a day, climbing hills, and really pushing myself to complete exhaustion with no negative effects at all.  If anything I feel better after exercising which is hard for me to comprehend after that not being the case for so long. 

Able to drink caffeine and even had my first thai coffee in seven years with nothing at all.  Not even a racing heart from caffeine.  Eating most things too with no reactions.  Still avoiding alcohol and processed foods with MSG as it's just not worth it. 

Lastly, my biggest stress inducing activity during the whole process and even before withdrawal was client meetings.  I had a client meeting yesterday and I actually just focused on talking with the client and felt comfortable. Like a normal human!!!!  I did have some anticipatory anxiety that I need to work on which I'm sure will eventually fade.  I am also performing live theater in front of 40-50 people regularly and I haven't died yet :laugh:

Hey Drew - glad to hear all the positive news. To make sure I'm reading this right, all of the muscle tension in the head is gone? Vanished? Not there?

It’s completely gone at times and most days it’s 10-20% of what it was.  With that I’m fully functional and when I exercise it usually lessens instead of getting way worse.

At this moment I’m really pushing the exercise almost every day to try and make further progress in brain repair and regaining muscle. 

I still have about 10% healing to go but I’m getting more and more free and clear days.  I’m not sure how much of what I have left is PTSD type crap from this so also doing CBT to work on my body not misinterpreting harmless body sensations everyone gets.

Hi drew, so happy to read you doing much better with your head symptoms and your pain lifted magically.

I’m just wondering if is stay like that would you get a botox again? If we start a botox how long we have to do it?

I’m still thinking about to go for the Botox ...my head symptoms still very bad.

Wishing you continue healing!

Vica

Hi Vica,

I am going to go back for more botox.  The dr. said they like us to be pain free for six months and then they will start to taper me.  I had no side effects from it except some pain where the shots go.  Botox is usually done for 3-4 sessions or about a year and then they have a good idea whether it is working. 

Hi Drew

Congrats on your healing.  How long it took for the food/Supplements/medicine sensitivity to go away? Have you been working all the time?

Thanks.

I presume you we’re typing how long for food supplement sensitive crap to go away.  I still can react to stuff but it’s way better and doesn’t last as long.  Sometimes I don’t react and sometimes I do.  I’m able to drink about a cup of cofffee now, eat high glutamate foods, etc...

I don’t mess with any supplements so not sure on that.

I worked the whole way through but it was terrible.  I have a career where as long as I’m hitting numbers no one bothers me.  I had so many issues trying to work it still has a ptsd effect on me. I used to sit there in panic and watch the clock all day.

It’s completely gone at times and most days it’s 10-20% of what it was.  With that I’m fully functional and when I exercise it usually lessens instead of getting way worse.

At this moment I’m really pushing the exercise almost every day to try and make further progress in brain repair and regaining muscle. 

I still have about 10% healing to go but I’m getting more and more free and clear days.  I’m not sure how much of what I have left is PTSD type crap from this so also doing CBT to work on my body not misinterpreting harmless body sensations everyone gets.

Great to hear man. Looking back, do you think it was the Botox that was a game-changer? Following my 3rd round I definitely have noticed significant improvement.

I don’t think any one thing was a game changer. After feeling really good when I wrote my success story and then sliding back into symptoms for around two months just to have them lift in a few days makes me more convinced it’s just time. Don’t get me wrong... I think certain things can make you feel worse like drinking, supplements, caffeine, msg, stress, etc...but it’s all a frigin crapshoot on when we’re going to improve.

• 1 month later...

How you doing drew? Botox is still working.?

Would love to hear from you how was the Botox in June for you?

Vica

I’m decent.  My fourth round of Botox got delayed almost two weeks due to insurance crap.  It wore off a little before I was due and ended up with a really bad migraine and neck head pain for a few weeks. I got the fourth round a week and half ago and it’s way better now so I guess it works.

Am getting hit with some super sore muscle and joint stuff these last few days but hopefully will pass soon. I speed walked two miles and did some hills.  Lower back muscles feel like I ran 100 miles. Ridiculous.

• 1 month later...

I think it’s helping.  I’m having a good run but I’m doing several things which may all be contributing to less pain all around.  I hired a personal trainer to help me get a movement and stretching routine down. After two weeks my stiffness and muscle/joint pain is a lot less.  I’m also doing intermittent fasting for 16 hours a day.  Finally, using acegaly device for my migraines( had for years but tried it when I was way worse). Which seems to be helping.

I think this multipronged attack is really working.  I actually did forty m8nutes of exercise with resistance bands and not even more sore than a normal human. 

Still have minorcrap like energy levels can crash and brain still overstimulates but nothing that ruins a whole day. 

So happy to see drew you are doing so well.  :)

I’m trying physiotherapy too, but so far is not helping, severe burning scalp and muscle spasm all over in my head and scalp.

Very depressed and anxiety sky high.  Still very scared of Botox but probably I will end up to do that.

Thank you for writing me back.

What is the acegaly device ?

Vica

• 1 month later...

Sorry vica...it is cefaly device.  Auto correct changed it. Here you go

https://www.cefaly.us/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIx66w9dLJ5AIVTraWCh05HQIPEAAYASAAEgJWtvD_BwE

Hi drew  how you doing?

I just saw your link tank you for sending me. But I don’t think it would work for me. My pain is not really a migraine pain. I have non stop burning squeezing severe scalp pain the top of my head and left side. Even my face is effected by it. Still suffering greatly.

Thinking of Botox .....

How is your Botox working for you?

Thanks for sharing. Congrats on getting off those pills. I’m just over a year from my last Ativan. Wicked physical symptoms the first few months. Depression the rest of the year. If I had to guesstimate a %, I am probably at 70%. Bad thoughts, but learned to deal with them and now I just ignore them. Would like to find an in person support group; none in PA

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry vica...it is cefaly device.  Auto correct changed it. Here you go

https://www.cefaly.us/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIx66w9dLJ5AIVTraWCh05HQIPEAAYASAAEgJWtvD_BwE

Hi drew  how you doing?

I just saw your link tank you for sending me. But I don’t think it would work for me. My pain is not really a migraine pain. I have non stop burning squeezing severe scalp pain the top of my head and left side. Even my face is effected by it. Still suffering greatly.

Thinking of Botox .....

How is your Botox working for you?

I think the botox may work for you.  As it starts wearing off(it lasts about 3 months) my scalp and neck start getting tight again.  Once I get my shots it gets better.