• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [dr...]

• [Vi...]

• [La...]

• [Sa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Drew- Thank you so much for sharing your success story.  I'm so sorry for all you went through, but glad to hear you made it out to the other side and are enjoying your life with your wife and little girls.  Your story gives us hope that we will get out of this too.

Hi Drew,

A huge congratulations to you! What a wonderful and wonderfully-written Success Story! Thanks so much for sharing it with us here. I'm really thrilled to know about the good things that have come into your life now, and I wish you all the best. Thanks, too, for sharing the ugly bits along the way, as they attest to your strength and perseverance.

Take good care of yourself and enjoy all that's yet to come!

A fabulous success story, so happy for you.  It gives us all hope, a wonderful gift , thank you for coming back and posting it.  Enjoy that incredible life you created!! Mary 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Drew,

Thank You so much for taking time to share with us your success story. It truly gives us hope, perseverance and patience that we will also heal when the right time comes.

May you continue  to receive joy, peace, wellness and love for the rest of your new life.

Blessings,

Pi

Dear Drew, so happy for you.  Do believe the distractions help as much as anything else.  Those little ones are pleasant distractions.  Don’t you wish we could ‘bottle’ all that joy!  I’m 65 and Ive been off 13 years of Lorazepam use, for 16 months now.  I try to look forward with hope, but everything just keeps getting worse and worse.  The depression and muscle/nerve pain make each day a nightmare.  I rarely do anything with my grandchildren anymore, just because I stay in so much pain.  I pray I can get back to the place where I can enjoy my family again.  No one knows how difficult this has been except all of you.  Thank you for giving us hope.  God bless you and your family. 

Congratulations Drew, you made it and I’m so happy for you!!!

Thank you so much to coming back and let us know you are better and you get back your life after so many years of struggling.  Give me so much hope to read your success story!

I’m crying  and hoping one day will come for me too.

I have severe burning head scalp pain and nerve pain all over my body,  still after 32 months off benzo and 12 months off  remeron. No medication at all now.

Can I ask when was the time when your head pain get better?

May continue to have a happy life with a lot of joy and happiness

Vica

Congratulations. I have seen many of your old posts in threads. It's always good to see someone come back and say they are feeling better.

Did you deal with in intrusive thoughts during your recovery?

If getting thoughts like stabbing your family to death while holding a kitchen knife qualifies then yes!  :laugh:  I had them but I would always remind myself that intrusives are just thoughts.  Thoughts, while damn messed up, aren't harmful.

Wow, yes. The symptoms you describe here are really, really scary. Is there any way you can talk about how your mental symptoms faded over time?

Thank you so much to coming back and let us know you are better and you get back your life after so many years of struggling.  Give me so much hope to read your success story!

I have severe burning head scalp pain and nerve pain all over my body,  still after 32 months off benzo and 12 months off  remeron. No medication at all now.

The head and scalp jsut got better recently but it was improving in fits and starts. The scalp burning is gone but I can get a bout of scalp tightening every now and then.  I maybe get one or two days a week of headaches and such  but nothing like the old days. I can go out and do things and if I take a tylenol it goes away but I jsut don't like taking anything anymore. I also now get botox shots every three months(have them for five months) to prevent migraines.  I'm am sure it is helping give me relief. 

Congratulations. I have seen many of your old posts in threads. It's always good to see someone come back and say they are feeling better.

Did you deal with in intrusive thoughts during your recovery?

If getting thoughts like stabbing your family to death while holding a kitchen knife qualifies then yes!  :laugh:  I had them but I would always remind myself that intrusives are just thoughts.  Thoughts, while damn messed up, aren't harmful.

Wow, yes. The symptoms you describe here are really, really scary. Is there any way you can talk about how your mental symptoms faded over time?

The mental eased up at about two years but they still showed up often.  I can't remember exactly but in the last year they are way better.

The head and scalp jsut got better recently but it was improving in fits and starts. The scalp burning is gone but I can get a bout of scalp tightening every now and then.  I maybe get one or two days a week of headaches and such  but nothing like the old days. I can go out and do things and if I take a tylenol it goes away but I jsut don't like taking anything anymore. I also now get botox shots every three months(have them for five months) to prevent migraines.  I'm am sure it is helping give me relief.

Thank you so much drew for writing me back.

I’m approved for Botox but  I’m so scared to do it. But reading your letters may push me to go for it. I have no life only severe head/scalp pain and anxiety. Not able to work for 3 years now.

I’m just recently felt the Tylenol or Advil helping me somewhat but I’m so scared to take it regularly, so I’m suffering 24/7.

Thank you again with all my heart for writing me back.

God bless you and keep you in good health

Vica

Drew thank you for writing this. It will help me not feel like things are just they way they are and will never get better.

I too waited for that aha moment that has not yet come. I just slogg through each day hoping things will improve.

Some days/nights are "good" and some are not. 

Thank you for making this day feel brighter with some rays of hope.

Cheers

I’m approved for Botox but  I’m so scared to do it. But reading your letters may push me to go for it. I have no life only severe head/scalp pain and anxiety. Not able to work for 3 years now.

I’m just recently felt the Tylenol or Advil helping me somewhat but I’m so scared to take it regularly, so I’m suffering 24/7.

Vica

Do the Botox!  It made my head worse for about two weeks but that’s normal. It wasn’t way worse just not better.  Also, the only real danger is an allergic reaction but if it’s done in a dr office they’ll be prepared.  My doc had it only happen once out of several hundred patients.

Also the shots can be painful but your benzo tough.  The first time was bad because my head was so locked up.  The next round way easier.

Drew-I am SO happy to have read your success story. I remember all of the suffering that you had to endure and I am thrilled to have read that you are doing great. If you didn't start the exercise group we would never have met four years ago on BB. Your group has helped so many people!

I am wishing you a long happy life. I promise you that it will only get better and better.

Best,

Fran  :smitten:

Congratulations Drew, so pleased for you  :thumbsup: Thank you for coming back and writing your story, it will inspire and bring hope to many people. 

Magrita :smitten:

Great story! Love to hear that you're now even feeling better than you did in a long time. You so much deserve it!

Vica

Do the Botox!  It made my head worse for about two weeks but that’s normal. It wasn’t way worse just not better.  Also, the only real danger is an allergic reaction but if it’s done in a dr office they’ll be prepared.  My doc had it only happen once out of several hundred patients.

Also the shots can be painful but your benzo tough.  The first time was bad because my head was so locked up.  The next round way easier.

Hi drew, can I ask you about Botox... did you get it all over on your head scalp, even your neck the first time?

Did you had a burning head scalp when you had the Botox or the burning already get better before Botox? I’m thinking to just try a small area first then maybe second time do some more.

I have more pain on my left side of head scalp neck and face. Did you had all over pain or one side had more pain?

Vica

Hi Drew, so glad to hear you are feeling better. I’m 3+ years off and really feeling like it will never change. You didn’t mention sleep? Are you sleeping better? I feel like in some ways for me it is worse now than it ever was.

JKS

PS really am glad to hear things are good for you.

Hi Drew, so glad to hear you are feeling better. I’m 3+ years off and really feeling like it will never change. You didn’t mention sleep? Are you sleeping better? I feel like in some ways for me it is worse now than it ever was.

JKS

PS really am glad to hear things are good for you.

Sleep is hit or miss but a bad night doesn’t always equal a bad day for me. Once in a while though.

Congrats Drew.....thanks for sharing. I feel deathly ill each day and feel like I will never get better but these success stories inspire me.