Author Topic: Burned in hell, crawled through purgatory, and now walking amongst the living  (Read 7135 times)

[Buddie]

Yup.  All that crap with the eyes.  The light sensitivity is recently vastly improved but itís still hard for me to sit under the fluorescents or new super bright lights they have in my office.  My visual auras used to come every two weeks or so.  Now maybe once every six months.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

[...], did you suffer depression while going through withdrawal? If so, how long did it last for you? I'm worried my job might be the source of my depression at 13.5 months off this medication yet I don't really want to quit it with no backup plan. Just so confused all the time, but I'm noticing I feel better on the weekend and don't feel like crying near as often, but during the workweek, I always feel like crying and I feel angry. I'm wondering if it's the job or just my inability to handle stress because of the medication.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

I was lucky in I never got hit with depression xcept for brief bouts while suffering which is normal.  I wouldnít quit the job as I suffered way more at .org even though I love my job.  Itís definitely the brains inability to handle stress which is making work way worse.  Just suffer and persevere.  Once youíre feeling better you will have a clear mind to make a proper decision. 
I really was in a bad partnership at wok during the whole ordeal and I knew to wait to I as a little better before ending it which I did 1.5 years ago.

[Buddie]

Congratulations and thanks for writing this, [...].
I often read your blog while passing time in this healing phase......

[...]

[Buddie]

The first time I read this (in early March), I remember saying ďthatís my line ... burning in hell and walking through purgatoryĒ as I had posted in my February journal.  Itís 2 months later and Iím still burning in hell and walking through purgatory... I think I have a long road ahead.

Congratulations!  So happy for you, [...].

[...]  :smitten:

[Buddie]

Yeah, I'm struggling at work because of the stress. I'm struggling to even go to the grocery store at this point. So much body burning every day. Lots of anxiety and panic, which leads to depression and anger.

[...], I'm 13.5 months off c/t of a low dose of Klonopin. I still think I'm in for a long road ahead.

[Buddie]

Boom,

Hopefully your road is shorter with withdrawal.  I canít even imagine 13.5 months of this torture.

[...]

[Buddie]

[...] - thank you for your story.  You have persevered and I was so moved by your story.  A common theme I see in success stories is life is so great on the other side and lessons were certainly learned, but that it wasn't all really worth the agony of w/d.  I do like your line abt alcohol...not needing to be buzzed, that normal life is all the high you need.  I'm using that line!  Congrats and wishing you a very clear, happy, chemical free life!

[Buddie]

You rock [...]. Much respect  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

Great to hear your success story [...]. I'm very happy for you. Just so hard to believe how blind doctors can be to all of this.

Best wishes,

[...]