Author Topic: Burned in hell, crawled through purgatory, and now walking amongst the living  (Read 7128 times)

[Buddie]

[...],
Thank You so much for taking time to share with us your success story. It truly gives us hope, perseverance and patience that we will also heal when the right time comes.

May you continue  to receive joy, peace, wellness and love for the rest of your new life.

Blessings,
[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Congratulations [...]! Iím so happy for you. I feel 90% healed as well and hope to soon write a success story.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Dear [...], so happy for you.  Do believe the distractions help as much as anything else.  Those little ones are pleasant distractions.  Donít you wish we could Ďbottleí all that joy!  Iím 65 and Ive been off 13 years of Lorazepam use, for 16 months now.  I try to look forward with hope, but everything just keeps getting worse and worse.  The depression and muscle/nerve pain make each day a nightmare.  I rarely do anything with my grandchildren anymore, just because I stay in so much pain.  I pray I can get back to the place where I can enjoy my family again.  No one knows how difficult this has been except all of you.  Thank you for giving us hope.  God bless you and your family. 

[Buddie]

Congratulations [...], you made it and I’m so happy for you!!!
 Thank you so much to coming back and let us know you are better and you get back your life after so many years of struggling.  Give me so much hope to read your success story!
I’m crying  and hoping one day will come for me too.
I have severe burning head scalp pain and nerve pain all over my body,  still after 32 months off benzo and 12 months off  remeron. No medication at all now.

Can I ask when was the time when your head pain get better?

May continue to have a happy life with a lot of joy and happiness
[...]

[Buddie]

Congratulations. I have seen many of your old posts in threads. It's always good to see someone come back and say they are feeling better.

Did you deal with in intrusive thoughts during your recovery?

If getting thoughts like stabbing your family to death while holding a kitchen knife qualifies then yes!   :laugh:  I had them but I would always remind myself that intrusives are just thoughts.  Thoughts, while damn messed up, aren't harmful.

Wow, yes. The symptoms you describe here are really, really scary. Is there any way you can talk about how your mental symptoms faded over time?

[Buddie]

Congratulations [...], you made it and Iím so happy for you!!!
 Thank you so much to coming back and let us know you are better and you get back your life after so many years of struggling.  Give me so much hope to read your success story!
Iím crying  and hoping one day will come for me too.
I have severe burning head scalp pain and nerve pain all over my body,  still after 32 months off benzo and 12 months off  remeron. No medication at all now.

The head and scalp jsut got better recently but it was improving in fits and starts. The scalp burning is gone but I can get a bout of scalp tightening every now and then.  I maybe get one or two days a week of headaches and such  but nothing like the old days. I can go out and do things and if I take a tylenol it goes away but I jsut don't like taking anything anymore. I also now get botox shots every three months(have them for five months) to prevent migraines.  I'm am sure it is helping give me relief. 

[Buddie]

Congratulations. I have seen many of your old posts in threads. It's always good to see someone come back and say they are feeling better.

Did you deal with in intrusive thoughts during your recovery?

If getting thoughts like stabbing your family to death while holding a kitchen knife qualifies then yes!   :laugh:  I had them but I would always remind myself that intrusives are just thoughts.  Thoughts, while damn messed up, aren't harmful.

Wow, yes. The symptoms you describe here are really, really scary. Is there any way you can talk about how your mental symptoms faded over time?

The mental eased up at about two years but they still showed up often.  I can't remember exactly but in the last year they are way better.

[Buddie]

The head and scalp jsut got better recently but it was improving in fits and starts. The scalp burning is gone but I can get a bout of scalp tightening every now and then.  I maybe get one or two days a week of headaches and such  but nothing like the old days. I can go out and do things and if I take a tylenol it goes away but I jsut don't like taking anything anymore. I also now get botox shots every three months(have them for five months) to prevent migraines.  I'm am sure it is helping give me relief.
Thank you so much [...] for writing me back.
Iím approved for Botox but  Iím so scared to do it. But reading your letters may push me to go for it. I have no life only severe head/scalp pain and anxiety. Not able to work for 3 years now.
Iím just recently felt the Tylenol or Advil helping me somewhat but Iím so scared to take it regularly, so Iím suffering 24/7.
Thank you again with all my heart for writing me back.
God bless you and keep you in good health
[...]

[Buddie]

[...] thank you for writing this. It will help me not feel like things are just they way they are and will never get better.
I too waited for that aha moment that has not yet come. I just slogg through each day hoping things will improve.
Some days/nights are "good" and some are not. 
Thank you for making this day feel brighter with some rays of hope.
Cheers

[Buddie]

Thank you so much [...] for writing me back.
Iím approved for Botox but  Iím so scared to do it. But reading your letters may push me to go for it. I have no life only severe head/scalp pain and anxiety. Not able to work for 3 years now.
Iím just recently felt the Tylenol or Advil helping me somewhat but Iím so scared to take it regularly, so Iím suffering 24/7.
Thank you again with all my heart for writing me back.
God bless you and keep you in good health
[...]

Do the Botox!  It made my head worse for about two weeks but thatís normal. It wasnít way worse just not better.  Also, the only real danger is an allergic reaction but if itís done in a dr office theyíll be prepared.  My doc had it only happen once out of several hundred patients.
Also the shots can be painful but your benzo tough.  The first time was bad because my head was so locked up.  The next round way easier.