14 Months and Feeling Much Better

[...]

Things really started turning around for me, over the past few weeks.  I was able to go to hear live music, with my spouse, for the first time at least a year and a half and we even walked around like tourists for an hour after the show. I'm not nearly 100% recovered, but almost all of my symptoms have been reduced by 50-75%, as compared to a few months ago.  The depression is virtually all gone, it was from the Benzos and far worse than any bout with depression I'd ever had.  I would have been satisfied if the depression had just reduced, but it actually went away over the past few weeks, completely.  Many of my interests have returned, I'm sleeping and eating better, and able to laugh again.

Not much else to say, but hang in there and if life seems bleak and hopeless, this type of thinking is from the benzo-brain and will fix itself in time.   

[6e...]

Things really started turning around for me, over the past few weeks.  I was able to go to hear live music, with my spouse, for the first time at least a year and a half and we even walked around like tourists for an hour after the show. I'm not nearly 100% recovered, but almost all of my symptoms have been reduced by 50-75%, as compared to a few months ago.  The depression is virtually all gone, it was from the Benzos and far worse than any bout with depression I'd ever had.  I would have been satisfied if the depression had just reduced, but it actually went away over the past few weeks, completely.  Many of my interests have returned, I'm sleeping and eating better, and able to laugh again.

Not much else to say, but hang in there and if life seems bleak and hopeless, this type of thinking is from the benzo-brain and will fix itself in time. 

CONGRATULATIONS!!! And you cold turkeyed? This is so encouraging to read.  I'm so very happy for you. :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! And you cold turkeyed? This is so encouraging to read.  I'm so very happy for you. :)

Thank you. Yes, I did C/T Klonapin because I didn't think tapering was necessary as I wasn't taking much, had not heard of kindling, the cumulative effects due to past drug use (Xanax and Klonapin), etc.

For many months I did not fully believe I'd ever get better, but I kept reading the success stories until things started to change.

• 3 weeks later...

Good news - I am continuing to improve.  I thought that perhaps I was only experiencing a Window, and that my worst symptoms would return, but it's been over a month now and they have not.

For at least a year, my mind told me that I would never return to anything close to normalcy, and this was 100% wrong.

Good news - I am continuing to improve.  I thought that perhaps I was only experiencing a Window, and that my worst symptoms would return, but it's been over a month now and they have not.

For at least a year, my mind told me that I would never return to anything close to normalcy, and this was 100% wrong.

Great News! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome, congrats.

I am 2 weeks and 2 days off and I feel great. No major w/d issues except for minor muscle spasms but still have noise in my ears. Eating better and sleeping better, I actually had a 7 hour night...YEAH....

So glad your husband has his wife back, that is so important. Keep us posted.

Jesse

Awesome, congrats.

I am 2 weeks and 2 days off and I feel great. No major w/d issues except for minor muscle spasms but still have noise in my ears. Eating better and sleeping better, I actually had a 7 hour night...YEAH....

So glad your husband has his wife back, that is so important. Keep us posted.

Jesse

Thank you very much but I am male and have  a wife. 

The ear noise is tinnitus, and may or may not go away, but in the latter case it usually subsides and becomes less noticeable, most of the time. 

• 1 month later...
Congratulations on such a great job!  I'm 8 months out & am looking forward to everyday because I know it keeps getting better!