Anxiety dimished due to possible hypomania

[Ni...]

Last few weeks i have been experiencing severe anxiety and depression, finances and health problems being the cause. I'm now 3 years off clonazepam and 1 year off a short stint with diazepam.

I'm intolerant to caffeine and theine, it always sends me into some kind of hypomanic state, i used to hate it because it makes me feel overstimulated, my decision making is too risky, speech and writing is all over the place, i get a feeling of grandeur and become irritated easily / lash out.

A few days ago i needed to get some work done but the brain fog was too thick to even start. I decided to try a cup of coffee after having abstained from caffeine for 4 years and holy sh... as expected it makes me sort of hypomanic but the anxiety and depression is really low now, it's bareable. All negative thinking now shifted to "i can do this! the debt is my b*tch!"

I think being hypomanic trumps the anxiety and depression. With hypomania i get things done, albeit of low quality / not well thought out. With severe anxiety and depression i get absolutely nothing done.

The last 2 days i've done more than the past 5 months alltogether.

Now i'm not sure if it's really hypomania but basing on the criteria it absolutely looks like it. I'm to start a SSRI soon, hopefully that doesn't tip me over to full blown mania lol.

Anyone else here with hypomania or something that resembles it?

I was drinking coffee regularly, although not much, 1/4 - 1/2 cup of regular coffee. At first I suddenly thought that all the brain fog was over with. I was excited about the day. I did get a little short-tempered. Like you, I suddenly got a lot done.

I never lost the anxiety, though. It sounds like the hypomania you had was far more pleasurable than what I was experiencing. I also started getting a lot of benzo symptoms - blurred vision, ocular migraines, dizziness, heightened anxiety. I had to quit the coffee experiment. I've tried umpteen times to use it, but it always feels like speed. and the longer the day goes on, the more intense it is. I only want a couple of hours of that "up and at 'em" feeling, not the entire day into the night!