8 months off Benzos

[da...]

It’s strange. I have been off Benzos for 8 months. My doctor had prescribed them to me for 20 years. I know that what I’m doing is an accomplishment, but it feels so lonely because I personally don’t know anyone dealing with Benzo withdrawal like all of us do. My recovery is lonely. NA has been great to me, but no one can relate to me. My doctors have such limited experience with Benzos. Is there anyone else looking for people to talk to about this withdrawal? People to share stories with that can empathize and relate? Someone I can call when I’m struggling? I realize I’m going through the battle of my life, am succeeding, but have no one to share the highs and lows who understands what I’m going through. Thanks.

Feel free to PM me anytime. Im only 4 months out, but always willing to share my experience and listen to anyone that's struggling or in need of someone to chat with.

Take care,

Fp

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations on your 8 months off!!

In a couple of days I will be 4 months off and -even if I'm not that well- I feel very happy and proud of myself of this difficult accomplishment!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Congratulations on your continued success! keep going you can do this. I'm 8 months out from Benzo's for 7yrs & Antidepressants for 11 yrs & I feel like I've turned a corner for the good! Everyday gets better, I still have some issues mainly physical but I believe I will keep improving.  Good Luck in your Journey!  Feel free to PM me anytime!  Take Care!