Made my second batch of liquid today

[Et...]

I have to say that it’s kind of nerve wracking to wonder if you added or left out 1-2mL too much fluid. This time I put my 40mL of PG in the graduated cylinder which ended up being like 42mL with more clinging to the sides due to the viscosity of the stuff so instead of dumping that into my jar and then grabbing my ~158mL of water separately, I pulled out a new 10mL syringe and started squirting distilled water into it and then when it got near the 100mL mark, I dropped in the water a few drops at once until it looked like it was exactly 100mL and then dumped it in the mason jar and did it again.

When I was done, the level including the 2 currently dissolving pills was just slightly over the 200mL line on the mason jar which tells me that my last batch was weaker because it was a bit further pat that line.

I will have to make sure I’m really careful when I’m doing this I guess.

one or two milliliters off out of 200 is less than a 1% difference. I don't know what your concentrations are, but if your solution is supposed to be 0.1 mg per mL, if you're one or 2 mL off, then your solution is 0.099 to 0.101 mg/mL. Your tablets will vary by more than that.

And the lines on your graduated cylinder are more accurate than the line on the mason jar.

So it's nothing to worry about.

I have to say that it’s kind of nerve wracking to wonder if you added or left out 1-2mL too much fluid. This time I put my 40mL of PG in the graduated cylinder which ended up being like 42mL with more clinging to the sides due to the viscosity of the stuff so instead of dumping that into my jar and then grabbing my ~158mL of water separately, I pulled out a new 10mL syringe and started squirting distilled water into it and then when it got near the 100mL mark, I dropped in the water a few drops at once until it looked like it was exactly 100mL and then dumped it in the mason jar and did it again.

When I was done, the level including the 2 currently dissolving pills was just slightly over the 200mL line on the mason jar which tells me that my last batch was weaker because it was a bit further pat that line.

I will have to make sure I’m really careful when I’m doing this I guess.

It absolutely will NOT matter!

A DLMT is NOT about making precise reductions, its about make gradual reductions. 

Your tablets have almost certainly varied up to 10% tablet to tablet, so a tiny measurement error with liquid won't matter.  And remember, one of the advantages of diluting is it dramatically reduces error  If your solution is .1mg=1ml, then a 1ml measurement error is only .1mg

You say these common sense things as if common sense gets through when you’re in benzo panic mode lol.

I will admit that I was in panic mode last night and massively overreacting. That appears to have passed this morning and I realize how silly I was being.

I will say this though, the solution tastes MUCH better with distilled water. It didn’t linger around near as long last night as it did with tap water.

I have also gotten down to 5.6mg. I had a 4 day period where I stopped cutting because I think my last pill split slammed into me and that was easy enough to do as well.

I should have started my taper this way. Hopefully when I see my doctor in April she will agree that a liquid taper seems like the way to go and not give me hell for doing this - and also maybe she will give me a prescription for the oral solution so I can cut down how much PG I’m ingesting.

Hi,

I am a newbie here so pardon my ignorance, but what does DMLT mean?  (something regarding liquid taper)...

Thanks...

Daily Liquid MicroTaper.

Definitely the easiest, least problematic was to taper off of benzo dependence.

[6b...]

Hi,

I am a newbie here so pardon my ignorance, but what does DMLT mean?  (something regarding liquid taper)...

Thanks...

Daily Liquid MicroTaper.

Definitely the easiest, least problematic was to taper off of benzo dependence.

Having dry cut, then switched to DLMT I agree 100%.