Doctor may switch me to liquid valium oral solution for taper. Couple questions.

[To...]

Hello all

I spoke with my doctor about my valium taper using 5 mg pills. I asked for some 2mg pills to make more precise cuts. He said what he would probably do is just switch my prescription to liquid valium oral solution. It seems to me like this would be easier since I would not have to convert pills to liquid myself and it would eliminate errors making the solution. I believe I could measure more accurately to make smaller cuts as well. Have any of you tried tapering with the valium oral solution, and what was your experience with it? Would you recommend it? Thanks!

Tom

Rx liquid is absolutely the easiest, most reliable way to taper.

Ask him for the Diazeoam Oral Solution 5mg=5ml (1:1)  Then dilute that 9:1 with plain water, and you have very easy to use and measure .1mg per ml solution.

Thanks Builder

How did you handle it when you were not at home and needed to dose? Could you just take some with you in a small jar or something similar to that? I'm looking forward to switching to liquid but it sure is easier to keep a pill in my pocket if I need to. Also, would it need to be refrigerated? Thanks, I sure appreciate the input.

Thanks Builder

How did you handle it when you were not at home and needed to dose? Could you just take some with you in a small jar or something similar to that? I'm looking forward to switching to liquid but it sure is easier to keep a pill in my pocket if I need to. Also, would it need to be refrigerated? Thanks, I sure appreciate the input.

I dosed 2 X day, so I just took a dose early in the morning, and the other before bed.

I did have to do some traveling during my taper, so before a trip, I would hold at an even tablet dose, then restart my taper when I returned.  But you can very easily continue to taper when travelling, if you choose.  This is just a liquid med like any other you might get at the pharmacy.  Take a bottle with you and just continue with your schedule.

No, it does NOT need to be refrigerated.  The instructions will actually say "store at room temperature"

Hey Tom -

How is the liquid Valium going? Did you notice anything when you switched from liquid to pills?

I am seeing my doctor this week and also want to start on liquid Valium too.

Would love to hear how it is going for you.

Builder, as usual, is so reliable and helpful with this info.  :thumbsup:

Hi SoberHope

I can't fill my liquid pharma prescription yet until this months pills run out. They just switched it from pill to liquid, and can't get my next refill yet so I haven't got to try the liquid. I will let you know how it goes!

Tom