Anyone here with type II diabetes and on meds or insulin? HOw was taper/withdra

[Bi...]

HOw do you handle sugar levels that go up and down?    I take a long acting insulin and it keeps me pretty stable EXCEPT for after I eat, my sugar jumps by 3-5points higher!!  I imagine this takes a toll on the brain and can affect mood.

Has anyone here gotten off benzos with diabetes? 

Hi. I did a cold turkey off clonazepam and have type II diabetes. My glucose would go up and down for the first 6 months at least. It would sometimes jump extremely high even if I just ate a couple bites of food. Sometimes it would plummet 10 minutes after eating. I had to eat sometimes every 30 minutes. It slowly got better and I still concentrate on low carbs, moderate proteins and healthy fats every meal.Now it is so much better and my A1C went from 6.1 to 5.4 in the last 3 months. I even had to get up during the night and check my glucose and eat a half banana or a small amount of orange juice.

So adjust your eating and it will level out eventually.

Thank you pteachgirl. I’m on  long acting insulin and metformin.

I’ve had type II diabetes for over 20 yrs.

My A1C was 6.5 last month.

I’m watchin g my sugar levels and since I went into tolerance withdrawal my sugar levels have been higher. I lost  15lbs in a month and I think the stress is making my sugar levels worse.