4 Years Later...

[ml...]

Hello Lysa-It's great to hear from you and I am SO happy that you are doing well. Can you believe it's 4 years? You did it, you made it and I am SO proud of you.

For those members reading Lysa's success story please know that you will heal and this hell doesn't last forever however, sadly for some people healing can take a long time. Never c/t a benzo!

Thanks for coming back and giving hope. I do feel for the members who are behind us and like you said it's a chapter of a book (horror book) that I have put on a very high shelf.

Wishing you a happy and blessed life.

xo Always Frantastic :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks for coming back Lysa and letting everyone know that you have healed and are doing well. It gives people hope to hear that.

Fran - I agree, no one should ever c/t a benzo. A slow and steady taper is the best way to get through this.

I'm just wondering if you're still sensitive to alcohol. I'm very sensitive to coffee, and I wonder when the sensitivity goes away, if it ever does.

Thanks!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Lysa-It's great to hear from you and I am SO happy that you are doing well. Can you believe it's 4 years? You did it, you made it and I am SO proud of you.

For those members reading Lysa's success story please know that you will heal and this hell doesn't last forever however, sadly for some people healing can take a long time. Never c/t a benzo!

Thanks for coming back and giving hope. I do feel for the members who are behind us and like you said it's a chapter of a book (horror book) that I have put on a very high shelf.

Wishing you a happy and blessed life.

xo Always Frantastic :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Fran! Thank you for the message! So good to hear from you too. I pray you are healed, happy & well friend! Lord this has been a long haul. It’s still hard for me to imagine 4 years have passed. I am ever so grateful to have survived all this. I’m truly changed forever from it.

Blessings Fran!  :smitten:

I'm just wondering if you're still sensitive to alcohol. I'm very sensitive to coffee, and I wonder when the sensitivity goes away, if it ever does.

Thanks!!

You know it’s hard to tell quite honestly. I rarely drink, but there have been occasions where I’ve had a glass of wine, or a few sips of a beer and sometimes it’s ok and sometime it’s not. I can usually tell immediately. I suppose this is just one of those areas we all have to monitor for ourselves. I will say drinking is not important to me and I could care less about it, or if I ever drink again, so it’s not an issue for me. Good luck!

It used to be an issue for me, not having a glass of wine or two with dinner, but it doesn’t bother me anymore, it’s like smoking I don’t miss it at all.

• 2 weeks later...

This process change me, lots of things that were essential for me, are of not importance whatsoever.

Living without the benzo crutch is an adventure and a challenge, a bit scary at times, but all challenges are scary and hopeful.

May we all heal.

mlmagic,

CT success stories are so needed.  We did not all have a choice about ct.  I love reading SS!  So happy for you!

SaraSue  :smitten:

• 3 years later...

Here's what you write:

CT from Ativan Feb 2015

PRN over about 3 years

.5-2 mg

4 years later... Feb 2019 and you are healed.

-->

By PRN, do you mean that you were on other medications for the next 3 years ?

Can you give more information ?

Thanks.

• 7 months later...
On 23/02/2019 at 20:47, [[m...] said:

Hi guys,

Maybe some of you around still remember me, maybe not, but I wanted to pop in and just let those that need it know that you will heal. I can hardly believe it's been 4 years now, since my last Ativan. I remember so well thinking, there is NO WAY I can live thru this, just no way. CT was definitely not a good idea, but by the time I knew I had really screwed up, I was already too far in and there was no way I was going to get back on it. I toughed it out for the first several months/year, until I could begin to feel I could make it. I truly thought that WD would be the death of me, but here I am 4 years later! I just want to share hope and that positive push, for those that are needing it. You will make it, if you keep going forward. Just focus forward and soon it will all come to an end. We each have our day this horrific nightmare does end. Blessings!

:smitten:

Lysa

🙏 

Hi Lysa

Thank you so much for coming back and spending hope! For me it’s 28 months. I am still suffering a lot. Seem to be in a wave… thanks for your encouragement! 🍀