Help! Temazapam options...

[Be...]

I’m about to try and taper temazapam from a pretty rough spot. So I’m trying to get it as correct as possible. I’m planning on a direct taper. I have a bad reaction to Valium so crossover is not an option. I’m currently on 15mg temazapam, my plan is to take 7.5 in capsule form (cuz that’s the smallest they make) and I’m wanting to do 7.5 in liquid and taper from there. The compounding pharmacy can make a temazapam suspension, but not a solution. I wish I could get liquid temazapam from the UK 🇬🇧 But obviously not an option. People on the boards are saying a suspension is not as accurate as a solution. But the pharmacy only makes in a suspension. Making the solution at home doesn’t sound good either cuz I’d have to drink a massive amount of propylene glycol nightly 🤦🏻‍♂️ Like 35mls of that junk. I understand it’s in toothpaste and household goods, but guzzling that much a night is much different. Sorry to ramble. I guess my question is would you feel safe with a suspension? Or should I keep searching for somewhere willing to make into a solution? I hope I’m making sense? Any help would be much appreciated!! Thank you!!

• 2 weeks later...

Most folks do OK with a suspension.

Be sure to use a proper suspension agent like OraPlus/OraSweet.

I just spoke with the compounding pharmacy. They say said they can make me a temazapam suspension 2 different ways.

1) they use almond oil, sylica gel and some tangerine flavor. With almond oil they can have an expiration of 6 months. Which is best timeline for me cuz I’m ordering from far away from this specific place.

2) they use ora plus or a agent called “suspend it”. This has water in it, so they can only legally give it a 30 day expiration

My question is has anyone ever heard of making it in the almond oil?

Also, even though they can only legally put 30 day expiration on the second option, would it last longer in reality??

[95...]

It would be better to ask the compounding pharmacy if it their standard to use Almond Oil.

It seems like it is a choice you need to make based on what is most convenient for you.

I had just never heard of almond oil and silica as a suspension. So before I make a decision, I figured I’d ask the community

I had just never heard of almond oil and silica as a suspension. So before I make a decision, I figured I’d ask the community

I have absolutely no experience with almond oil and silica as a suspension. I just searched for info on this and there really is not a whole lot out there. If it was a reputable pharmacy I would imagine it would be ok to use.

I think if you used the Ora plus or suspend it and stored it properly (in an amber vial out of direct heat & light) it would last more than 30 days.

Hope this is of some help.

Benzh8tr, I'm trying to figure out Temazepam taper too. I'm in USA. I'm on 15 mg Temazepam capsule. Are you in UK?  I am considering staying on 15mg and buying Ora-plus to make a suspension at home...and tapering DMLT,  but still in planning mode. A compound Pharm said they could use Almond oil but said it's prob not as good option as a suspending agent. I have some other input for you, but chronic pain limits my typing on forums. Can you PM me? Perhaps we can talk via skype?

Hi ~ I'm new here.  I'm also planning a Temazepam 30 mg taper.  So much to learn!

I hope you will post what works for you. 

genevieve,

I'm in planning mode too for a long while now. Have some clues and research I've gathered, and ideas, and unsolved taper question probs. I need to solve to be comfortable to begin taper of 15mg Temazeapm.  Not many of us on these forums. I"m in USA. MN. Central Standard time. Let's compare notes, and welcome... feel free to PM me... and I'll share my IM on facebook, and cell so we can communicate. Some great support on this forum and others.

Hi mangogal ~ I look forward to sharing my research with you about tapering off of temazepam.  And I'd like to hear your info, too.  It's so hard to find.

Right now I'm leaning toward a slow taper using a scale.  The challenge here is that we're dealing with a capsule.  I plan to go to a Compound Pharmacy and see what help they can provide. 

I'll PM you tomorrow with more info.  Glad to be in touch.