Need Detailed Help to do a DLMT from Benzo please

[Ha...]

Hello,

I need help please of how to do a slow liquid taper of Valium.

I have been on/off Xanax fo years (was not aware that my horrible symptoms were withdrawals and how to properly taper, as never informed by doctors and I was uneducated). I was actually also on a slightly less strong pill called Frontin which also had alprazolam, but not as strong as the usual Xanax is. Then, in November last year, I started taking the "real" Xanax, 0.125 mg and started tapering my 10% but quickly got bad WD.

Now, I have just switched to VALIUM 2.5mg and want to taper off approx 2-3 months if possible, or quicker.

I know it's a 'small dose' to other people perhaps but I am very sensitive and need to slow liquid taper in micro doses.

BUT - please I need advice as to HOW to actually perform the liquid taper, step by step, I simply don't understand how to extract the tablets out from the liquid in order for it to be exact. 

Can someone please explain this for me in detail?

Thanks!!  :)

My background:

I have been through acute withdrawal AND kindling before and it was hell on earth. For some reason then I started AGAIN, which I deeply regret. I went through a 1.5 years before with only sleeping 1-2 hrs for almost 1 year and then 3-4 hours/night for 2 years. Then recently, I normalised to sleep 6-7 hours for a few months (but i was taking Xanax for most of it) , which was HEAVEN but now, because I reached tolerance and now on withdrawals I am back to 3-4 hours. I cannot do this again. The worst part is I simply cannot remember my pattern of taking Xanax because I was so severely sleep deprived. But suffice to say, I have taken it A LOT and gone through the worst (I thought then) - and here I am again, with even worse symptoms (before switching to Valium).  This is why I kinda also just want to CT but everyone's advising against it. I am on a relatively low dose but it doesn't matter - I am suffering.

I am working full time and cannot survive on little sleep - I will loose my job  :-\

Hello,

I have been on/off Xanax fo years (was not aware that my horrible symptoms were withdrawals and how to properly taper, as never informed by doctors and I was uneducated). I was actually also on a slightly less strong pill called Frontin which also had alprazolam, but not as strong as the usual Xanax is. Then, in November last year, I started taking the "real" Xanax, 0.125 mg and started tapering my 10% but quickly got bad WD.

Now, I have just switched to VALIUM 2.5mg and want to taper off approx 2-3 months if possible, or quicker.

I know it's a 'small dose' to other people perhaps but I am very sensitive and need to slow liquid taper in micro doses.

BUT - please I need advice as to HOW to actually perform the liquid taper, step by step, I simply don't understand how to extract the tablets out from the liquid in order for it to be exact. 

My background:

I have been through acute withdrawal AND kindling before and it was hell on earth. For some reason then I started AGAIN, which I deeply regret. I went through a 1.5 years before with only sleeping 1-2 hrs for almost 1 year and then 3-4 hours/night for 2 years. Then recently, I normalised to sleep 6-7 hours for a few months (but i was taking Xanax for most of it) , which was HEAVEN but now, because I reached tolerance and now on withdrawals I am back to 3-4 hours. I cannot do this again. The worst part is I simply cannot remember my pattern of taking Xanax because I was so severely sleep deprived. But suffice to say, I have taken it A LOT and gone through the worst (I thought then) - and here I am again, with even worse symptoms (before switching to Valium).  This is why I kinda also just want to CT but everyone's advising against it. I am on a relatively low dose but it doesn't matter - I am suffering.

I am working full time and cannot survive on little sleep - I will loose my job  :-\

1)  Combine 25mg of tablets + 50ml vodka or propylene glycol + 200ml water.  This will yield an approx 10-12 day supply of liquid V, .1mg per ml.

2) Create a taper plan/schedule.  Lets say you want to reduce 5% every 10 days:

2.5mg X 5% = .125mg

.125mg/10 days = .0125mg  (round down to .012mg/day)

Daily schedule:

2.5mg                25ml

2.488mg            24.88ml

2.476mg            24.76ml

2.464mg            24.64ml

etc....  just lower your dose by .12ml (.012mg) each day

3)  The amounts in the ml column are the amounts you will extract from your supply and drink each day.  You do NOT "pull and discard", you simply draw up the schedule dose each day and take it.

Store your liquid at room temp in a covered glass jar.  Use it and handle it just as you would any liquid med you might get at a pharmacy.  If you want to take multiple doses, just divide up the total daily dose and take as you wish.  If you wanted to take 2 doses, you can put the full dose in a measuring cup, top it up to 1/2 cup, and drink 2 X 1/4 cup doses.

If you want a different taper rate, you can follow my example and just substitute your numbers.

Hello,

BUT - please I need advice as to HOW to actually perform the liquid taper, step by step, I simply don't understand how to extract the tablets out from the liquid in order for it to be exact

My background:

Hello Harmony33 -

Here is a detailed plan to reduce 2.5mg in approx. 2.5months. Taper schedule was made using Create Your Own Taper Plan by Jim Hawk It may be helpful if you check out the Help function prior to using the program.

4 day batch of 10ml=1mg:

Step #1 - Get measuring & storage items:

1ml 100 increment Tuberculin Syringes10ml Syringe, and a Graduating Cylinders <--- Links (cylinder not necessary but saves time, use instead of using 10ml syringe when making large batch), baby food jar or the like.

Step #2 Make your solution(this is enough for approx. 4 days):

1) Put  10ml alcohol in a suitable container (use 10ml syringe or cylinder to measure)

2) Add 10mg Valium. Let sit for 10 minutes

3) Add 90ml of distilled water (use 10ml syringe or graduating cylinder)

4) Remove your dose using 10ml& 1ml syringes (shake well before removing your dose)

click image

GIAkSfh.png

^

Use this sample chart 

1) With the 10ml syringe draw out 10ml (1mg) 2 times plus 4ml(.4mg) = 2.4mg; squirt directly into mouth.

2) With a 1ml syringe draw out .73ml (.073mg) squirt directly into mouth.

This is your first dose of 24.73ml (2.473mg)

Do this every day reducing according to your taper plan till you are off the poison. Suggestion...practice with water until you feel confidant. :thumbsup:

If you need more help just ask ...we are here for you!  :thumbsup:

So happy Harmony that you got the info you need to get through this and do a DLMT - do NOT cold turkey...just read one or two cold turkey stories and you will realize that it is the last thing you want to ever do.

I am doing a DLMT too - Builder drafted everything up for me as he did for you. PM me if you ever want anything as you start to taper. I have learned a few things already.

1)  Combine 25mg of tablets + 50ml vodka or propylene glycol + 200ml water.  This will yield an approx 10-12 day supply of liquid V, .1mg per ml.

2) Create a taper plan/schedule.  Lets say you want to reduce 5% every 10 days:

2.5mg X 5% = .125mg

.125mg/10 days = .0125mg  (round down to .012mg/day)

Daily schedule:

2.5mg                25ml

2.488mg            24.88ml

2.476mg            24.76ml

2.464mg            24.64ml

etc....  just lower your dose by .12ml (.012mg) each day

3)  The amounts in the ml column are the amounts you will extract from your supply and drink each day.  You do NOT "pull and discard", you simply draw up the schedule dose each day and take it.

Store your liquid at room temp in a covered glass jar.  Use it and handle it just as you would any liquid med you might get at a pharmacy.  If you want to take multiple doses, just divide up the total daily dose and take as you wish.  If you wanted to take 2 doses, you can put the full dose in a measuring cup, top it up to 1/2 cup, and drink 2 X 1/4 cup doses.

If you want a different taper rate, you can follow my example and just substitute your numbers.

Hi thanks for your reply! I appreciate it and i want to get off and start tapering ASAP but,

Sorry but I don't understand,

- I'd like to taper 10% every 10 days or 2 weeks, can you help me with a schedule for that?

- Also I am not comfortable using vodka, there is a titration plan on this site that uses milk, can I not just use that or water? My body cannot metabolize alcohol (I have other issues too) so dont want to use vodka.

- I still don't understand HOW i do this in detail sorry... I'm obviously not very well, I have insomnia and cant think straight and logic is not my strong side anyways, so i really need detailed advice please :)

So when you say I "simply draw up the schedule dose each day and take it" do you mean I extract 2.4mg with the syringe (somehow I manage to measure this up...?) and just take that.

How can i be sure that the syringe has enough of the substance, ie that pill has blended correctly?

Thanks again,

Hi thanks for your reply! I appreciate it and i want to get off and start tapering ASAP but,

Sorry but I don't understand,

- I'd like to taper 10% every 10 days or 2 weeks, can you help me with a schedule for that?

- Also I am not comfortable using vodka, there is a titration plan on this site that uses milk, can I not just use that or water? My body cannot metabolize alcohol (I have other issues too) so dont want to use vodka.

- I still don't understand HOW i do this in detail sorry... I'm obviously not very well, I have insomnia and cant think straight and logic is not my strong side anyways, so i really need detailed advice please :)

So when you say I "simply draw up the schedule dose each day and take it" do you mean I extract 2.4mg with the syringe (somehow I manage to measure this up...?) and just take that.

How can i be sure that the syringe has enough of the substance, ie that pill has blended correctly?

Thanks again,

[4b...]

Full fat homogeneous milk with Valium will work very well as the V will bind to the fat globules, thus creating an even and reliable emulsion.

IMO, your taper rate that you are requesting is too fast and I believe it is better to taper based on symptoms, not %'s and time-frames.

Your dose of 2.5 mg's V is from splitting a 5 mg V pill in half?

Full fat homogeneous milk with Valium will work very well as the V will bind to the fat globules, thus creating an even and reliable emulsion.

IMO, your taper rate that you are requesting is too fast and I believe it is better to taper based on symptoms, not %'s and time-frames.

Thanks, Yes atm I am splitting a 5mg pill in half (not accurate but it's what I have) I do not have access to the pills i thought i would :( I would actually prefer a DRY taper as to be honest I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the titration and also i feel that i need to do what is easiest for me at this time.

it may sound crazy, but my friend is filing off her pills with a nail file, and measuring it up with a ruler. something like that would suit me better. maybe you have any ideas of how to make it more accurate??

I just know myself and im going through a lot of stress and big life changes right now, and can't cope with doing the whole liquid taper myself, and the pharmacies here just DO NOT help. An easy dry taper would be best...

Interesting that you think it is too fast (obv my doctor does not agree) I do really not want to be on the pills for much longer. what about 5%? I would prefer dropping 10% every 2-3 weeks, but this is too fast?

Thanks

Thanks, Yes atm I am splitting a 5mg pill in half (not accurate but it's what I have) I do not have access to the pills i thought i would :( I would actually prefer a DRY taper as to be honest I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the titration and also i feel that i need to do what is easiest for me at this time.

it may sound crazy, but my friend is filing off her pills with a nail file, and measuring it up with a ruler. something like that would suit me better. maybe you have any ideas of how to make it more accurate??

I just know myself and im going through a lot of stress and big life changes right now, and can't cope with doing the whole liquid taper myself, and the pharmacies here just DO NOT help. An easy dry taper would be best...

Interesting that you think it is too fast (obv my doctor does not agree) I do really not want to be on the pills for much longer. what about 5%? I would prefer dropping 10% every 2-3 weeks, but this is too fast?

Thanks

I know everyone must use a procedure they feel comfortable with, but... liquid is so much simpler, and will give you far more reliable doses.

Can you stir cream and sugar into your morning coffee.?  Do you even use a liquid cold/cough, etc medicine?  Then you can handle liquid titration.

Most off those silly, misleading YouTube videos make it seem like some complex procedure, but it's not.