Hello. Clonazepam to Valium to taper.

[Ma...]

First was prescribe benzos 12 years ago, mostly clonazepam 0,5mg. Tried 2 times to taper, but failed at the end due to withdrawal syndrome. Now I've just switch to Valium 16mg to start a new journey that will hopefully lead me to being benzo-free.

I'm here because I want to share and read experience of people who went throught this.

Thanks

Hi Mattfuzz :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are glad that you have found our community. Tapering slowly is the safest and best way to withdraw.  Being here among others who understand this process can make this journey a little easier to get through.  The information and support that you get here is very important whilst going through this process. You will be successful this time, be confident and stay positive.

I would suggest that you familiarise yourself with the Ashton Manual, It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides Tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

The general tapering guidelines are to cut the daily dose by between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days. You can alter the schedule according to how you are feeling.  The aim is to keep any withdrawal symptoms manageable.

Here are some helpful links:

The Ashton Manual

General Taper Plans

Withdrawal Support

Please take time to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita