Does anyone escape the symptoms? Worrying myself so much! Scared rabbit!

[Ho...]

This is my story.

Severely depressed. Doctor tried too many heavy drugs. I only took ativan for around a year and not every day. I was taking a half of a .5. Switched to Valium for 4 months. Jumped at .3 which I took for about a week. I am currently off for a week. No physical symptoms during taper except for diahrrea and worse gerd.

I am very depressed.. I am taking 6 mg of Remeron which I’m scared to drop.

The doctor is ignoring me as she thinks I need strong antidepressants, and would love me to try ect. She would love me to go away as I told her how I thought she damaged me. I wish I would’ve understood the dangers of ativan.someone warned me but I didn’t listen.

What are the chances I could escape the physical symptoms.

I’m 68 and don’t know how I could cope with the physical symptoms.

I have so much to live for but am tired of being a zombie,

By the way, I think the Valium agitated me.

I don’t know if I can patiently wait for the symptoms to start,

I tried to exercise and got very hyper so I’m afraid to exercise because I read that it works people up.

I'm not a doctor, or a medical professional. This is my opinion. You should fire your doctor. Her ignorance has put you in this situation, now she's perpetuating the damage she has caused by not facing reality most likely out of pride. Drop her like a bad habit.

Look into things like Magneisum Citrate/Threonate. Practice meditation daily.

Depression is a side effect and persists for some time.

She’s firing me I think. Any other doctor Ive have many periods of depression before I ever took benzos. I wish I could believe that the deprssion ewould go away when the benzos are gone.

When I told several of the professionals on the same organization ( a university) they all tell me I’m depressed and should not have any symptoms from going off benzos and I’m being influenced by the internet.one person told me that the internet is like a beehive. And all the worker bees are just following the queen.

I know there are good doctors out there. I just haven’t found one.

I would like nothing better then to overcome this without medical intervention.

I took effexor for 25 years,

Two years ago I was fine. I enjoyed life and was strong,

Now I am a scared rabbit.

Thanks for answering me!

[94...]

Hi Hoping! :smitten:

I just jumped two weeks ago and still having a rough time. Haven't been very exposed to this crap but enough to cause a damage. In my experience whatever Physical or mental issues you had before, this drugs amplify those symptoms. DR's follow  how the majority of people behave to the drugs and the thing is that the majority don't have issues leaving or consuming them. So they believe that you are in that majority and if something happens that means an underline condition and you end up with another drug. The new and the old drugs produce other symptoms and the cycle goes on.

I'm trying as much as I can to stick to only to one medication and not take another one until I'm way off the former one.

Distraction, time and hope are the only allies we have in this Ordeal!

Hope you heal soon!

Miguel         

Many doctors suffer from the 'I know everything there is to know' complex.. If they're too lazy and full of themselves to lift their finger and do a simple Google search, you will be wayyyyyy way wayyy better off without them. Don't even look back.

I'm dedicating my life to the psych field. I'll make for damn sure these types of doctors get found out

[18...]

I'm not a doctor, or a medical professional. This is my opinion. You should fire your doctor. Her ignorance has put you in this situation, now she's perpetuating the damage she has caused by not facing reality most likely out of pride. Drop her like a bad habit.

Many doctors suffer from the 'I know everything there is to know' complex. If they're too lazy and full of themselves to lift their finger and do a simple Google search, you will be wayyyyyy way wayyy better off without them. Don't even look back.

I'm dedicating my life to the psych field. I'll make for damn sure these types of doctors get found out

Hello, bitterSweet33 – you’ve been around BenzoBuddies *long enough* (!) to know the rules, but I’ll remind you to please limit the comments on doctors to your own experiences, since it’s not for you to say that other members will be ‘wayyyyyy way wayyy better off without them.’

Doctor Bashing

”BenzoBuddies is a peer support forum with a mission to encourage and support those who wish to taper off benzodiazepines.  BB is not a platform for those who wish to degrade the entire medical profession.

Some people have disregarded the team's efforts to remind members about this policy.  This compels us to take a stronger approach in the future.”

• All posts which include general anti-doctor, anti-psychiatry propaganda will be edited or deleted by the moderation team.

I just jumped two weeks ago and still having a rough time. Haven't been very exposed to this crap but enough to cause a damage. In my experience whatever Physical or mental issues you had before, this drugs amplify those symptoms. DR's follow  how the majority of people behave to the drugs and the thing is that the majority don't have issues leaving or consuming them. So they believe that you are in that majority and if something happens that means an underline condition and you end up with another drug. The new and the old drugs produce other symptoms and the cycle goes on.

I'm trying as much as I can to stick to only to one medication and not take another one until I'm way off the former one.

Hope you heal soon!

Miguel       

You'll get there.

[18...]

Many doctors suffer from the 'I know everything there is to know' complex. If they're too lazy and full of themselves to lift their finger and do a simple Google search, you will be wayyyyyy way wayyy better off without them. Don't even look back.

Hello, bitterSweet33 – you’ve been around BenzoBuddies *long enough* (!) to know the rules, but I’ll remind you to please limit the comments on doctors to your own experiences, since it’s not for you to say that other members will be ‘wayyyyyy way wayyy better off without them.’

Doctor Bashing

”BenzoBuddies is a peer support forum with a mission to encourage and support those who wish to taper off benzodiazepines.  BB is not a platform for those who wish to degrade the entire medical profession.

Some people have disregarded the team's efforts to remind members about this policy.  This compels us to take a stronger approach in the future.”

• All posts which include general anti-doctor, anti-psychiatry propaganda will be edited or deleted by the moderation team.

I never said she would be better off without doctor('s)..  :laugh:.. Was that intentionally contorted to suit your initial misconception? Very interesting..

Make sure to thoroughly read and evaluate before getting yourself all worked up.. Kind of silly.

Your words, in bold, and you do know the rules, LM.

Last warning.

Hope you heal soon!

Miguel       

[5d...]
I took ECT 6×2 times. It didn't helped me at all. It gave me severe memory problems. That already was severe from my w/d. This was during summer 2017 and next time in November 2017.  I am still having problens with my short term memory. I was depressed. Severe depressed. My doc put me on Seroquel because I cant take any SSRI o SNRI. The depression had lifted a lot. If you are gonna take ECT read about what side effects it actually bring. I had to sign a paper that I had been informed about memory problems. I guess only that says how " serious" it is to take ECT. Some get really good treatment from ECT. Hope your depression will fade away soon. Take care// Sun🌞

It still shocks me when I here professionals say you shouldn’t have much withdrawal from benzos. The last 20 months of my life have been utter hell. Did I read that someone suggested ect (electrocovulsive therapy)? I don’t think zapping and already fragile damaged (but healing) brain is a good idea. Honestly depression is a major withdrawal symptom, I’ve personally had a few minor bouts of depression pre benzos but what I went through in withdrawal was something else entirely, it felt like the end of the world. I still get bad depression, I’m hoping it starts to lift in the next 6 months or so.

[5d...]

It still shocks me when I here professionals say you shouldn’t have much withdrawal from benzos. The last 20 months of my life have been utter hell. Did I read that someone suggested ect (electrocovulsive therapy)? I don’t think zapping and already fragile damaged (but healing) brain is a good idea. Honestly depression is a major withdrawal symptom, I’ve personally had a few minor bouts of depression pre benzos but what I went through in withdrawal was something else entirely, it felt like the end of the world. I still get bad depression, I’m hoping it starts to lift in the next 6 months or so.

I agree about ECT. It gave me permanent memory problems.

So sorry, Sunshine.  Yes, it is exceptionally invalidating when a person feels they are not believed nor validated for something VERY, VERY REAL that is occurring.

Sending much love and light your way.  <3

And, I should mention, I am experiencing the same issue.  As if we needed something maddening atop of experiencing what is already terrifying, maddening, and destructive on it´s own.

Yes my doctor thinks I’m “prime”for ect. She acts like getting off benzos I’m on is nothing. To be honest I just think I should have stayed on the 1/2 of ativan forever and not tried to withdraw at all.

Of course I wish I’d never taken the ativan in the first place, but I can’t go back can I?

I wish a lot of things. I mainly wish I’d never taken myself off the effexor I was stable on for 10 years in 2 weeks. I took it for 25 years.

So the lesson is if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

I have been experiencing depression almost my entire life. how can I go with nothing at 68.

I took ECT 6×2 times. It didn't helped me at all. It gave me severe memory problems. That already was severe from my w/d. This was during summer 2017 and next time in November 2017.  I am still having problens with my short term memory. I was depressed. Severe depressed. My doc put me on Seroquel because I cant take any SSRI o SNRI. The depression had lifted a lot. If you are gonna take ECT read about what side effects it actually bring. I had to sign a paper that I had been informed about memory problems. I guess only that says how " serious" it is to take ECT. Some get really good treatment from ECT. Hope your depression will fade away soon. Take care// Sun🌞

The seroquel lifted the depression? I think ect would be a disaster for me. My memory is already bad and the latest round of meds has not helped. Honestly I think I’m very damaged by what was already done to me. I stupidly allowed lithium for 10 days and lactimil for another 10 days.Pristique twice. And raising effexor twice. Not to mention the Remeron and im left with 6 mg of remeron. Oh I forgot the 2weeks of Prozac, oh she just replaced the trazadone with Remeron.his is all in a year and a half. Oh I forgot the strong folate. All at the same time.

The seroquel lifted the depression? I think ect would be a disaster for me. My memory is already bad and the latest round of meds has not helped. Honestly I think I’m very damaged by what was already done to me. I stupidly allowed lithium for 10 days and lactimil for another 10 days.Pristique twice. And raising effexor twice. Not to mention the Remeron and im left with 6 mg of remeron. Oh I forgot the 2weeks of Prozac, oh she just replaced the trazadone with Remeron.his is all in a year and a half. Oh I forgot the strong folate. All at the same time.

Hey, Hoping -- sorry, I'm lost in this thread -- who is the question about Seroquel for? Thanks <3

I hope your depression lifts!

Agree with Bittersweet33.  My psychiatrist tried to fire me too, after he realized his Klonopin had disabled me.  At first, he stopped taking my insurance, but I saw his other clients using the same insurance I had.  Then he said he wouldn't take my credit cards, then later demanded cash for payments.  Felt like living in a third world country with these doctors.  A real swindler.

I got so much better just stopping all my 13 medications and not seeing any more doctors.  Eat extremely healthy.

Not everybody gets the really bad symptoms that some of us long term users get.  You were just a short term user so that is much better. 

I also agree with Bittersweet recommending magnesium citrate.  That really helped me, it calms down any heart palps you may have, and helps anxiety.  Hang in there you can do this.  I am also 60, and took Klonopin for 30years, and have mostly recovered.  You can do it.  The symptoms are just temporary.

[5d...]

In my case my depression lifted but I dont know if it was Seroquel or time that helped me. I still take 150 mg seroquel but my hopes is to stop taking them soon. Yes ECT was a horrible experience. My short terms memory is still a mess.  Docs dont care about what they do to our brains. Benzo has been given since 1950...and they still dont know how it damage peoples brains. It is the same with ECT...we are just lab rats...

Patience, time and hope. Yes, it will be uncomfortable for a while, but you will get better. Try and push yourself to do some exercise everyday, eat well and drink lots of water. It's been just over 11 months since I c/t off benzos and 10 months c/t from alcohol. Stay present and commit yourself to 12 months of self care. You'll be amazed at where are a year from now.