Rebound anxiety

[Tr...]

just wondering if rebound anxiety always come back or does it sometimes resolve? I can only remember one of my symptoms prior to benzos over 23 years ago,so I’m a little worried about this. I read that some can get rebound anxiety much worse after they are off. All I know is benzo made me have anxiety that I never experienced before I started them. So they made me much worse the past 23 years. Much worse. But I’m still worried about the rebound anxiety making its way back. I’ve been so active on here lately because this month is the absolute worse for me so far !

I've been wondering this myself.

I read that if an individual had anxiety issues before benzos, then that will most likely be his

baseline post benzos.

I was put on atavan for "one" panic attack a year after my wife passed away from leukemia.  That

certainly qualified as a traumatic, anxiety driven event for me, but NOTHING compared to my benzo

experience.  I feel if I can get through this experience  (not done yet) and come out the other side

in one piece, I will be better equipped to deal with what comes after. By the same token, I do not believe I will be the  same person I was before benzos.

Posttraumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, is a condition that can occur in people who have experienced or witnessed a natural disaster, serious accident, terrorist incident, sudden death of a loved one, war, violent personal assault such as rape, or other life-threatening events.

No doubt there will be some "post traumatic stress" to deal with post benzo (how can there not be?) ... for everyone going through this experience.... not just you and I.  The final realization that the so called "Medical Professionals" who put us on this stuff are nowhere to be found to help us get off .... that we are on our own.... has shaken me to the core. At the same time, it has made me

that much more determined to get out of this trap.

I too have spent a lot of time on this site searching for answers.... for the way through.... and the way out... and whats it going to be like on the other side.

I leave you with a link to over 100 success stories ..... people that have gone through this and made

it to the "other side".  These kind of stories and BB is what keeps me going forward day by day.

http://dtfsdf.oco.net/Benzo_success_stories_rev_2_modified-2.pdf

With each other and BB, we can get through this experience and be able to deal with comes on

the "other side".

Topofthebottom-Thanks very much for sharing the success story link. This month has been my worst so far,I have terrible swallowing difficulties now so I’m pretty scared of all these new symptoms. Thank you for taking the time to respond. Hope you have better days soon.