Benzo Backfire!!

[La...]

Thanks for taking the time to read part of my story!  I found your site from your sister site BenzoSupport.Org and boy was I glad I did. I'm looking for a forum that talks about more than tapering & dosage amounts.  I originally was prescribed Diazepam over 8 years ago for severe chronic pain, cut to present day I have been off of Diazepam & Prozac (on for 11 years) for a little over 4 1/2 months after a month long taper. I'm looking forward to sharing with others during this difficult journey.

Hello Laydefish :hug: Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We are glad you joined the forum.  Congratulations at 4 and 1/2 months off! It sounds like you did a fast taper.  How are you feeling now, what symptoms do you have ?  Withdrawal can be tough but we do eventually recover from this ordeal, time is our healer.  You will get plenty of support here as you continue to get well.

Are you familiar with the Ashton Manual. It is an excellent resource about these types of medication and their effect on the body. It provides withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms

We have a great community, our members are very caring and will offer support. Pease feel free to check out the forum and post to any of our dedicated threads.

Here are a couple useful links:

Professor Ashtons Manual

Post withdrawal recovery support.

If you would be so kind as to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard.

Magrita

Hello Magrita and fellow Group Members!! Just wanted to respond to your reply to let you know how much I appreciate your warm welcome!  I'm also grateful for your interest in my on going journey.  I'm going to take a minute to gather my thoughts since it's the first time I'm sharing the whole story, meanwhile I'm going to take your advice and add a Signature to my forum profile. Thanks again, see you soon