Lower doses and symptoms debate/help??

[Ni...]

I have talked to someone about the issue and kinda in a way are thinking to myself, are they correct on the matter??.....she said to me about my symptoms and neurological thinking, well if my body has developed a tolerance to the higher doses in which first started my symptoms, for some on here, too many to name and as we taper down in dose we don’t fully stabilize because our body’s are tolerant to the smaller doses and effects it causes to our central nervous system. So with that being said she suggested to me why delay the enviable? You’re going to suffer and continue to have symptoms until the GABA process returns to normal functionality in your CNS so by spending months at low doses just to reach a so called “safe” jumping point the symptoms might have happened so often and frequently in your body that your brain will automatically adapt and think that they are going to act this way everyday until finally the day hits, whether it be six months or six years, to when they subside back to normal so like I said why keep lowering doses suffering from tolerance and why not just jump and get the medication out of your system and start the process of healing....any thoughts on this issue people? Do you think that if the symptoms last so long that our brains adapt to them thus causing a longer and harder time post taper?????

I totally agree with you, I “stayed on the safe side” for about 2 months on .125 and two days ago I began experiencing disequilibrium symptoms plus weak arms. I am going to get that checked either way but I habe a feeling that it’s the benzos. I am thinking the same as you, There is no “safe” here.

And I don’t in anyway mean to jump from high doses just mean when you are down to lower doses that your body obviously isn’t stablizing from and your suffering daily why not just jump? To start the healing process

From all the success stories I have read, the people who taper slowly come out better when they jump. The ones who are protracted or have horrible acute phases, jumped too soon or did a c/t. That is just my observation. Our CNS is healing as we go lower and adjusting to the smaller doses every day. We heal when we sleep even.

I personally won't risk a bad acute by tapering too fast or jumping too soon.

I agree to an extent however you also read people’s progress logs and they have tapered down to almost zero Valium which is the lowest of lows when it comes to Benzodiazepines and doseage then you read that through out their two year or more taper they suffered daily and they still suffered not as much I guess but suffered daily for another two years so say for example four years total, so what if they jumped a year earlier at say 0.7mg of Valium compared to zero then started the healing? Would they have been completely healed by year four?? Instead of still suffering after second year?? I understand everyone is different but we only read and observe the prolonged healing stories on this community because most that healed have left the community so idk.

Disclaimer: by no means does this thread mean or even suggest for an individual to jump before their mentally ready just because their suffering from symptoms at low doses, it’s only a discussion to a conversation I had with another individual, that’s all.

On a side note too, just seen a commercial for the new Survivor TV series, called edge of extinction lol they should have a reality show about Benzo withdrawal if they want a true reality show for ratings 😆

I see your point Nick for sure. The thing is, everyone is different. Ashton suggests jumping at .5 of valium. And I do think we tend to read way more bad i.e. long stories because those people are sadly suffering and stay around longer. I bet a lot of people who taper slowly and jump then just leave Benzo Buddies and don't write a success story.

Builder tapered very slowly, jumped at .5 and had no s/x after so everyone is different. But I definitely read more stories with bad acutes and PAWS from people who did a c/t or rapid taper than people who tapered slowly.

Yea, im gonna prosecuter mode and say no doctor would agree 0.7 vallium should take a year to taper. Its complete placebo or is it?

I would never wish to stand in the way for a dude to find their best solution but the 0.000001 mg hurts my brain sometimes.

Exactly when your down that low honestly is there only a placebo effect to jumping from say 0.7 vs 0.5 of V?? But one thing that’s not placebo effect that staying on that medication for that extra 0.2 dose until you jump according to the Ashton manual is def delaying the time the drugs stay in your system, so I guess the honest answers is that there are only “recommended” jump doses and that one should jump when they feel their body is ready and most importantly their state of mind is ready for the jumping etc...

As for Builder and the slow taper n jumping at 0.5 comments , his name is mentioned on this community a lot so I’m assuming he’s an experienced individual in regards to tapering and successfully staying off the drugs and he’s obviously one of those kind souls whom stuck around here to help others but no offence to Builder at all by saying this however he’s not superman, I guarantee that he experienced symptoms post withdrawal, the drugs are just too powerful and the central nervous system is too fragile for someone to suffer nothing at all post taper etc....

Builder is a legend on these boards and a true guru when it comes to doing a DLMT. I think everyone is different and I do believe he had no s/x when he jumped. He does not seem to me to be the type of guy to BS. I have seen other people say that their s/x when they jumped were the same as when they tapered. Some last longer for people than others - the bottom line is that no one is the same and that is why even though we all look for answers and patterns, there really are none. the one definite seems to be that for the most part, a cold turkey or rapid taper is not the way to go - how slow one tapers is an individual thing and everyone should listen to their own s/x and do what is right for them and not compare themselves to other people. My one problem when I first started reading stuff on here was comparing myself to people, both good and bad.

Does that make sense?

Yeah makes sense, not debating someone else’s posts or what they said. This post was only made to pick other members brains on the issue I first discussed, seemed it got side tracked. Builder is only a name in a thread/community, the individual is still human and still would suffer side effects, mind you, they may have been bare minimal based on his method, time frame, and self confidence when he finally jumped off Benzos. Term legend is idk anyway it is what it is. One thing he is very kind soul for helping reply and assist in others tapers to minimize the suffering and wasn’t one whom left the community upon healing, now in terms of labeling “legends” I’d say Colin was more fit that category because if it weren’t for him n few others this conversation or ALL this peer to peer helping wouldn’t be possible

[8a...]

On a side note too, just seen a commercial for the new Survivor TV series, called edge of extinction lol they should have a reality show about Benzo withdrawal if they want a true reality show for ratings 😆

Lol 😂 for real...

Agree about Colin and Ashton is another legend for sure. I just am amazed by how Builder helps so many people every day. That makes him pretty legendary in my book.

But we are all human so no one is going to have the same s/x during a taper or after. Sorry I side-tracked your thread - you brought up a great point.

Lol all good, no worries. I enjoy your input as well with the topic. But personally I’m honestly thinking of jumping soon as my prescription is done instead of hospital shopping again and trying to continue my ween. I’m down to 0.125 mg Clonazepam a day, going start soon trying every second day to see how if any more issues arise. The ones I have I obviously deal with, truthfully the one that bothers me most is shaking. Can’t stop hands or legs from shaking when I’m doing day to day activities but think it’s combination of tolerance WD and the duration of time I was on meds, and my fear of the public sure doesn’t help lol. But of course I’ll keep posted and will ask for help when needed. Ain’t no shame in my game ;)

[8a...]

Lol all good, no worries. I enjoy your input as well with the topic. But personally I’m honestly thinking of jumping soon as my prescription is done instead of hospital shopping again and trying to continue my ween. I’m down to 0.125 mg Clonazepam a day, going start soon trying every second day to see how if any more issues arise. The ones I have I obviously deal with, truthfully the one that bothers me most is shaking. Can’t stop hands or legs from shaking when I’m doing day to day activities but think it’s combination of tolerance WD and the duration of time I was on meds, and my fear of the public sure doesn’t help lol. But of course I’ll keep posted and will ask for help when needed. Ain’t no shame in my game ;)

I wish you the best!!! Please keep us updated on your progress!!! Bless.... :)

Just want to pipe in briefly...jump dose may not make a big difference in how long acute lasts, but it definitely does increase chances of reinstatement, and it seems to be more apt to create protracted, whereas a lot of people (not all) can slowly taper off comfortably and have very mild symptoms if any after jumping.

Nick I would still recommend splitting your 0.125 doses into 0.0625 doses and take them daily, instead of attempting an every other day approach. Even if the doses are uneven, it will be less rocky than going 48 hours between doses. That is a Rollercoaster you don't want to go on.

Hey guys,

Question. Do you think people lie or exaggerate on this forum in regards to their doses? I’ve read stories where individuals stating they are taking 20 mgs of Clonazepam a day for years? That’s insane, that’s equivalent of 80 of my little blue 0.25 mg pills EACH day. That’s like million mgs of Valium, wouldn’t the body overdose on that daily consumption of high doses???

My first taper I stepped off with no symptoms after going very slow and very low (3 year taper from .75mg Klonopin)

This time around I’m never stable and am crawling off in pain and wonder if I should just jump at my current dose of .0135 K. I have good functional days and tough days. Having cardiac symptoms complicates my situation. I’m working and raising a baby too but have an amazing support system and can take off 3 months post jump or step off.

So I am the living example of both sides of this argument.

Builder was a huge help to me a few times too. Really solid buddie.

I felt bad but i felt the same throughout whole taper from 10 days before first cut to 10 days after benzoes

And i was a rapid taper

But our journeys are just a different as we are and jumping at .25 was kind of irresponsible i feel

I’m doing fine, feel good. Back on Trazodone for sleeping. I actually jumped. It’s been only about 40 hours though. Last pill was taking at Thursday night 11:30 pm Atlantic time. So the half life from my last dose isn’t up yet I guess. But no physical symptoms which I didn’t have before. Feel more clarity that’s for sure. But I wasn’t going make a blog about it on here until about week. Because if I can deny the symptoms and most importantly the cravings for first week then I’ll say I’m officially jumped. Then the battle begins.

[8a...]

I’m doing fine, feel good. Back on Trazodone for sleeping. I actually jumped. It’s been only about 40 hours though. Last pill was taking at Thursday night 11:30 pm Atlantic time. So the half life from my last dose isn’t up yet I guess. But no physical symptoms which I didn’t have before. Feel more clarity that’s for sure. But I wasn’t going make a blog about it on here until about week. Because if I can deny the symptoms and most importantly the cravings for first week then I’ll say I’m officially jumped. Then the battle begins.

Please keep us updated.