dental implants

[oc...]

I had been grinding my teeth and i cracked a tooth, it got abscessed and I had to have it extracted. I am thinking now about getting a dental implant. Has anyone had any experience with these?

I dont want to have bone loss in the area where my tooth was pulled. Thats why i was thinking about getting an implant.

How much did you pay?

what kind did you get?

I appreciate it.

It was a couple of thousand dollars.  And it was a front tooth.  I took Magnesium with Vitamin K2 and Hyluronic acid.  That built up my bone structure and I did not take the medicine the doctor gave me to build up the bone.  It was a dangerous medicine.  And they were thrilled with my bone growth......it great great in 6 months.  And I never told them I did NOT take their medicine.  Lol.  I am 70 years old and my bone grew from those supplements alone.

There was like ZERO PAIN but I had a lot of injections in the roof of my mouth to keep the pain away.  I mean a lot but I was grateful for it.  He had to grind out the old root and you could hear it, but I did not feel it at all.  It wasn't bad.  MY BP went up but that was about all the bad that happened.  My dentist gave me a instrument which cost me 600 dollars to fit over my front teeth with a fake tooth but you cannot eat with that in and it never fit well, just gave me more pain.  So I had to go without it wherever I went and explain to people what I had done and why I had to wait.  Don't pay for the partial or whatever they call it.  It just hurts to wear it and costs too much.

Other than that all went well and looks great!

ok thanks. I wonder if they will want to give me a medicine like that to build the bone  up. I am reading a lot about it right now and from what im reading a dental implant is the only thing that keeps the bone from degenerating after a tooth is lost, so i really dont want that to happen

I appreciate the imput.

It was a couple of thousand dollars.  And it was a front tooth.  I took Magnesium with Vitamin K2 and Hyluronic acid.  That built up my bone structure and I did not take the medicine the doctor gave me to build up the bone.  It was a dangerous medicine.  And they were thrilled with my bone growth......it great great in 6 months.  And I never told them I did NOT take their medicine.  Lol.  I am 70 years old and my bone grew from those supplements alone.

There was like ZERO PAIN but I had a lot of injections in the roof of my mouth to keep the pain away.  I mean a lot but I was grateful for it.  He had to grind out the old root and you could hear it, but I did not feel it at all.  It wasn't bad.  MY BP went up but that was about all the bad that happened.  My dentist gave me a instrument which cost me 600 dollars to fit over my front teeth with a fake tooth but you cannot eat with that in and it never fit well, just gave me more pain.  So I had to go without it wherever I went and explain to people what I had done and why I had to wait.  Don't pay for the partial or whatever they call it.  It just hurts to wear it and costs too much.

Other than that all went well and looks great!

how much Hyluronic acid did you take? what brand or is there a certain brand that is better than another.  Or was all three supplement in one bottle?