Trouble believing that i will ever feel normal again

[Bl...]

I have not had a symptom free day in over 2 years. I dont remember what it feels like to feel good anymore. Of course i want to believe, however, the idea of making a full recovery is completely unbelievable right now. Does anyone else struggle with this?

Yes, sure do, Black......but, now that I’m off, and experiencing the occasional symptom free day, and out enjoying life on those days, my hope for recovery is renewed.

Also, have several friends farther down the road that are living life fully. I try and imagine just that.

How did you feel post 1st and 2nd tapers?

Yes, sure do, Black......but, now that I’m off, and experiencing the occasional symptom free day, and out enjoying life on those days, my hope for recovery is renewed.

Also, have several friends farther down the road that are living life fully. I try and imagine just that.

How did you feel post 1st and 2nd tapers?

The first one was totally symptom free.  The second one was tough, but was completely symptom free for large parts of it.  Only had bad sxs when i cut too quick or too much.  This one is different.  I dont stabalize at all.  Experiencing bad kindling.  No matter how long i hold i never fully stabalize.  That concerns me because i did not experience this in my prior tapers.

I know exactly what you are saying.  Know that it does get better.  Slowly, but it does improve once off. 

For what it's worth, holding extended periods of time didn't result in much for me either on this 3rd time around.  With that in mind, I just kept moving forward at a rate I could stomach.

What are your main symptoms?

I know exactly what you are saying.  Know that it does get better.  Slowly, but it does improve once off. 

For what it's worth, holding extended periods of time didn't result in much for me either on this 3rd time around.  With that in mind, I just kept moving forward at a rate I could stomach.

What are your main symptoms?

Severe pain, anxiety/depression, fatigue all the time, memory loss are the worst

Hi ~ I'm tapering off ativan solo...no benzo-cooperative doctor.  I'm curious when I read posts like this - why, after suffering through 1 withdrawal, do people start it again?  I'm only asking b/c this has been so, so bad (I'm in pain 24/7 since November; relief only arrives in the form of sleep, which is heaven-sent when it is achieved).  I can't image ever feeling well or normal again & if I eventually do get there (I'm also feeling the longer you've been on, the worse it is & the more inclined to the additional major hurdle of PAWS will occur) - so, I can't imagine ever going on a benzo again.  But, then, I'm not rushing to any doctors, either, so there's nothing being prescribed for me.  I also felt that the only way through this is through it & will have to just bear down & live w/the pain.  (I'm completely debilitated since November.  Prior, had tolerance w/d for 2 years before the active dry-cut taper; didn't realize until research that's why I was suffering such depression, so haven't been living a life for almost 3 years total...so far.)

You have to think what’s your definition of normal though? Obviously your central nervous system has been depleted and trying to adapt and readjust itself then one thinks that somehow they’ll have the same feeling as before the damage, plus likely still has anxious moments and symptoms which every human being has. So ask yourself instead of do I feel normal maybe it’s better to ask yourself do I feel happy with my life my self they way I feel at this current moment of my life, then if the answer is yes then.......welcome to your new normal

I did. Felt it was hopeless. But you WILL recover. Tonight I am having minor protracted withdrawal. But I am happy and feel life is an adventure and so worth living. Every time a symptom has diminished it has given me pleasure. I pray you feel peace tonight:) :smitten: