Not sure

[El...]

Hi, I have been using Zopax for a couple of months, but only as needed. I never had to use it every day, but in December went throught a tough time with anxiety and started using 0.5mg every other day. The past 2 weeks I have had to use this daily, but as I said only once a day. So the day before yesterday I only took 1/6th of a 1mg tablet before bed. Yesterday when I woke up I felt extremely anxious again and took another 1/6th. Today I also feel horrible. Drowsy, dizzy and just outright anxious. Could one become dependent on such small doses? Even if it's not taken every day? Should I taper off it or what should I do?

zDFSObb.png

Hello Elkie !

We are very glad that you found us!

I am sorry to hear you are struggling with withdrawal symptoms from Zopax. You have not taken Zopax daily for a significant length of time and it is a very small dosage you are taking. The majority of folks who stop taking benzo experience minimal symptoms and heal quickly. If I were in your shoes, I would  find a alternate coping methods(s) to deal with the anxiety then stop taking it and see how I feel after a couple of weeks. Speak with your doctor about this suggestion :thumbsup:

I would also like to suggest that you do some research on the various boards. Find a method that will work for you. Becoming well informed should better enable you to make difficult decisions as well as provide you with the tools you need for a successful taper & recovery. You will find many knowledgeable members who will support your efforts to become benzo free. I have enclosed a few links below that may help you. Check them out!

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Bella  :smitten:

Please take the time to tell us about your history by creating a signature:

For a direct link:

CLICK HERE --->

Create a Signature <--- CLICK HERE 

Links:

Professor Heather Ashton's