A positive post during taper.

[my...]

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to share a positive experience during taper to remind everyone, not only are we all doing an amazing job, but that no matter how ****** we think we are. We will heal if we stick to the plan.

In 2016 I CT off xanax, 4mg/day. The process took about three months. Five months later I was having extreme issues. Was reinstated on 1.5mg k/day

After many issues through 2017 I crashed during the holiday, went back to my original psych in January 2018 and stabilized on 2.5mg k/day. The plan was to be off by December 2018.

I'm currently prescribed .75 k/day which I think I quite an accomplishment. The past few days though I have experienced very very minor symptoms although stressors in my life has increased. I am taking .6 mg/day and will begin .5 tomro.

I still feel anxiety, and woke up once last week in terror. I was able to calm myself down on my own and got over it quickly without dosing.

Anyway, I just wanted to post something positive to make at least one person feel better, even if for a few minutes.

Best wishes to all.

M

Fantastic!  Thank you so much for sharing! And congratulations on all your progress! You're on the home stretch now!

This is what we all need more of, moments of peace, sharing in each others successes, pulling each other up. There is a lot of help to be had on this site, with logistics, with support. And encouragement is the third piece of that puzzle. Thank you for taking a moment to encourage us all. :)

Thank you for responding!

Although most of our time is filed with anxiety and painful symptoms. I have recently found it very important to enjoy the windo. Hopefully thinking back on these feelings when things get hard can keep a bit of hope when it all seems hopeless.

M