Blood sugar?

[Me...]

Tomorrow i see a endroconologist! I know all the sudden im having fluctuations in blood sugar! Now the ? What do i do! I know shes gonna want to put me on diabetic meds man im a mess! And feel so so horrible

[b0...]
Ouch. If you don't have any outstanding medical problems go with low carb/keto.  It keeps my blood sugar stable and my moods are better as a result. I refused to be a t2 diabetic like so many in my family, shooting insulin. Best wishes!

Yeah. My blood sugar was very unstable for a while. It is better now and I am a diabetic but I went low carb and make sure I have healthy fats, low carbs, and proteins every meal. This morning I went for my physical and my A1C had dropped from 6.1 to 5.4. I had to stop taking diabetes Pill (Metformin) about 3 months ago. The duet change is really working and I plan on keeping it up.

[b0...]

Yeah. My blood sugar was very unstable for a while. It is better now and I am a diabetic but I went low carb and make sure I have healthy fats, low carbs, and proteins every meal. This morning I went for my physical and my A1C had dropped from 6.1 to 5.4. I had to stop taking diabetes Pill (Metformin) about 3 months ago. The duet change is really working and I plan on keeping it up.

Fantastic!! Congratulations!

[b0...]

Can u guys give me ideas on proteins and good fatty foods I'm losing to much weight

I’m personally not averse to animal/saturated fats and protein. Also, I try to eat grass fed beef etc and stay away from hormones in foods. I take fish oil every day as well and have for years.

I also experienced erratic blood glucose and very low insulin and cortisol.  I wore a 24/7 glucose monitor for a couple of months and followed a membrane stabilization diet, similar to Keto but with focus on rebuilding the cellular lipid wall, with good results.  My blood glucose keeps very steady on with this diet.

Can u guys give me ideas on proteins and good fatty foods I'm losing to much weight

Some of my favorites:

- organic and/or free range (grass fed):  eggs, beef, chicken, butter

- wild caught fish

- coconut oil

- avocados, black beans, nuts

To maintain blood sugar levels, my strategy is to eat 6 small meals/day or incorporate snacks between meals. If I can't do actual "meals" I have snacks, like a jar of nuts stashed in my car or make up a batch of hardboiled eggs, that I can just grab from the fridge.

I also meal plan and pretty much have the same thing for breakfast:  Two scrambled eggs cooked with butter and avocado.  That way, I don't have to think, I just do (similar idea to Steve Jobs always wearing the same outfit).  Don't EVER skip meals - if you must, always have that snack to carry you over (i.e. handfull of nuts).

With benzo tapering, I've found this all crucial to minimizing or avoiding sxs.  Skipping a meal will result in increased sxs.  Sugar & processed carbs will do the same.  I am virtually guaranteed. 

I hope this helps you feel better & avoid more meds!

xo,

sierra  :smitten:

[b0...]

Some of my favorites:

- organic and/or free range (grass fed):  eggs, beef, chicken, butter

- wild caught fish

- coconut oil

- avocados, black beans, nuts

To maintain blood sugar levels, my strategy is to eat 6 small meals/day or incorporate snacks between meals. If I can't do actual "meals" I have snacks, like a jar of nuts stashed in my car or make up a batch of hardboiled eggs, that I can just grab from the fridge.

I also meal plan and pretty much have the same thing for breakfast:  Two scrambled eggs cooked with butter and avocado.  That way, I don't have to think, I just do (similar idea to Steve Jobs always wearing the same outfit).  Don't EVER skip meals - if you must, always have that snack to carry you over (i.e. handfull of nuts).

With benzo tapering, I've found this all crucial to minimizing or avoiding sxs.  Skipping a meal will result in increased sxs.  Sugar & processed carbs will do the same.  I am virtually guaranteed. 

I hope this helps you feel better & avoid more meds!

xo,

sierra  :smitten:

👆🏻This

my blood sugars also went funny.

I try hard to keep my blood sugars low but sometimes ii cant help eating biscuits when  have sudden chocolate biscuit craving

I try my best to eat healthy as my blood sugars are close to the prediabetic stage

shania

• 2 weeks later...
Cortisol/anxiety will raise your blood sugar as your liver secrets glucagon do to the “fight or flight” response.  It’s nothing to be worried about. “Going Keto” can cause it’s own problems, plus it’s a pain in the ass.

Cortisol/anxiety will raise your blood sugar as your liver secrets glucagon do to the “fight or flight” response.  It’s nothing to be worried about. “Going Keto” can cause it’s own problems, plus it’s a pain in the ass.

This is so true.  Anxiety ties directly to your blood sugar.  I had a donut last week and the influx of sugar put me into a stupor for the entire day.  Even a glass of sugar heavy juice has had an effect on me during my taper which is extremely interesting to me.  If it's closer to my cut day it has more of an impact but as I stabilize throughout the week I'm able to handle it a bit better.