Almost made it out.

[cr...]

Every day i wake up and feel the same. I went to bed the previous night hoping itll be a little better today, but I cant help but be dissapointed.

I really did almost make it out of withdrawal in month 5 post jump. I felt a good 30 or 40 percent healed back then. But i drank alcohol and took psych meds in month 6 and never really recovered.

I guess I'm feeling worn down after 15 months. I thought id be healed in 15 weeks. Not 15 months.

Keep on keeping on, Cresentlite.

Just want to encourage you and let you know you are not alone.  We all truly need buckets of time and heaps of friendly reminders that we are not alone and that our CNS will repair.....eventually. 

I wish there were better statistics on this.  Keep clean and keep putting one foot in front of the other.  I have a few friends further down the road who are feeling well and back living their lives.  We need to trust we can get there.......

SS24

I totally relate crescentlite, I’m now 20 months off and honestly it’s often hard to discern if I’ve made any progress at all. I guess I have but it seems like my symptoms have changed rather than disappear altogether. It’s very discouraging, I always assumed I’d be healed by 18 months as I’d read from a number of sources that, that was the average healing time. Well I’m definitely not healed and have given up putting expectations on how long this will all last. Like you I remember I started seeing improvements earlier on, for me I started feeling better and having windows in month 3 and thought I was on the fast track to recovery. Then month 4 happened which tossed me into a hellish acute wave which lasted at least 3 months, I don’t recall doing anything in particular to cause the setback (no alcohol etc), it just sort of happened randomly. Every morning I wake up feeling pretty miserable, I really hope I turn a corner soon, my life has been on hold for far too long.

Same here, it’s still pretty rough and the mornings are so brutal. I came out a terror night  :crazy: ....

But I am proud that I almost made it to the 2 year Mark. 2 years of torture, nobody would believe this. I have lost a lot, but keep hope that I will return to normal one day. Despite the crap I am having another job apply today. Most of the time I can switch my brain during a conversation.

I need to get back to work soon.

One day at a time... just another day in benzo paradise where the sun always shines.

Every week I am proud that I made it again. So you will!