Tapering Librium

[Ab...]

In October I quit drinking and was prescribed Librium 25mg 3x a day for 30 days. I did not want to be on 3x a day so after the first few days I started taking just 1 a day to sleep, sometimes 1 mid-day if I was having bad anxiety or a panic attack. Fast forward to December, my doctor prescribed me another 90 to continue the same plan until we found an antidepressant that worked for me. Fast forward to yesterday, I made a doctor appointment to be taken off of Librium. I also took a GeneSight DNA test to find the best antidepressant for me. She has reduced my Librium to 5mg 1x per day at night for 10 days to taper off the Librium, and put me on low dose 2mg Valium to take with the Librium 1x at night. She told me to take 2x of the Valium if I feel I need it, she said that regardless if I take 4mg Valium and 5mg Librium I was still be taking a lower combined effective dose. I have a good feeling about this, but just wanted to make this thread here to report my progress.

Has anyone seen a similar taper? I was under the impression I could just be put on Valium directly but she insisted on the smaller dose of Librium alongside the Valium for 10 days.

First night with 1x 5mg Librium and 4mg Valium. I started with 2mg but two hours later I felt severe anxiety and decided to take the other 2mg she said I could take. I feel stable enough to get some normal sleep. Will be reporting back tomorrow for round 2.