Has anyone used Amitriptyline to wean off Valium?

[Ho...]

I was on a low dose when I started my crossover from k to v. I didn't have a terrible taper from 20mgs v down to 6.5mgs. Around that 7.5nor so time I decided I wanted to taper off the ami because it did seem to make me more groggy. So I did a fast taper off that in apr/may. By June I was not doing well at all. Ended up going back up to 8mgs v in August after a very rough few months. Seemed to help some. Still never got back on track so gave in and figuring the last time I was doing better was on the ami. So started up the same dose in early December. Mid January had a good week to week and a half and was hopeful I had turned the corner and the ami was helping. Then it hit me again and I'm back where I was before I started the ami back up in December.

So long story short maybe it was helping me maybe it wasn't but a second try doesn't seem to have helped. I wish I had never stopped it during the v taper. But one doesn't know with these things until it is done. Hopefully this was some help I some way.

For some, it can help with pain, or sleep. But for others it can cause increased anxiety (as it decreases uptake of seratonin AND adrenaline). Also it is another drug that needs to be tapered off slowly, and long-term use can cause dementia.

I'm so sorry to hear that Big Sky.  I'm allergic to dyes and they all have dyes, so it scares me to take them even though I really need some help but everywhere I look for help it doesn't work out for me.  Tried Beta Blockers and even THEY made me hyper.  Scary.  I'm so sorry you have had to go through that.

Reminds me of years ago doctor gave me Atenolol a beta blocker and it knocked me on my butt.  This time with the Benzo, it makes me HYPER.  Thanks BENZO.  I think they mess up our chemistry ...that has to be the reason.  Things I used to tolerate before Benzo in 2017 I cannot tolerate now.  I think that's it.

Thank you for the warning Waves, I'm so sensitive I do need to be cautioned by those who know.  Thanks for the rescue. :thumbsup: