Leave of absence from work during microtaper???

[Cr...]

Starting a microtaper off .5mg clonazepam.  This is my first time coming off benzos.  Can anyone with experience tell me if it is likely I will need to take a leave of absence from work to get this done?  I plan on going super slow about 10% a month or .001 in weight every other day.  Am I over thinking this?

It is hard to say. Everyone is different. I did almost a year going from 20mgs v to 6.5mg without needing to leave work but all hell broke loose and now I am putting leaving work on the table because it is too bad. If I had gone slower I am not sure I would be in my current situation but I don't know that for sure.

I'm tapering off xanax and working the whole time. There were times it was hard to think. But I think I would have driven myself crazy if I didn't work and just sat at home all day.

Craigs - go slow and you won't have to leave work. You can always slow down the percent from 10% to 5% if things get rough, that is a % from your LAST dose, not your original dose.

It’s hard to say everyone is different. I’ve stopped and started at various speeds and did a very long hold. Slow and steady wins the race. There were times I would have taken leave if my situation allowed if because my work suffered. But I’m still working. In a hold now to get back on track at work then continue. I’m so close but I was becoming nonfunctional so its a long hold for now. Read up a lot, put only healthy things in your body and make sure to exercise. You’ll make it.

At first when I was in acute withdrawal and didn’t know it, it was too severe and I had to take a leave.  I then learned I needed to stabilize and hold at a dose ad now 2 months later after stabilizing i feel much better and I’m returning to work.  Many have done slow microtapers and could continue work, that’s what I plan to do